Does anyone know what is the maximum value a package can be valued at when shipped from USA before it will get charged tax through Canadapost when coming into Canada? I am considering buy a pair of sneakers and I am not sure if $90USD will get hit or not.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Yesterday at 5:10 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 2115post #31711 of 3330811/21/15 at 3:41pmpost #31712 of 3330811/21/15 at 4:02pmQuote:While I've never lived in Canada, nor do I regularly ship goods to Canada, a few seconds with Google led me to https://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/manual/PGcustoms-e.asp#1382741
2.2.2 seems to directly address your question:
*begin quoted text*
Mail items valued at less than $20CDN
The CBSA does not assess duty or tax on mail items valued at $20CDN or less. However, this general rule does not apply to certain products including intoxicating beverages, cigars, cigarettes, manufactured tobacco, and publications where the supplier is required to register under the Excise Tax Act. Also, this may not be combined with other exemptions.
The CBSA does not consider items to be of low value in cases where a single transaction is split into smaller shipments to keep the value below $20CDN.
*end quoted text*
Of course, it may be that Canada Post's enforcement is imperfect, so perhaps many items over the $20CDN limit manage to slip through, without tax being charged. I couldn't say. But $20CDN seems to be the official answer. With various exceptions. Oh, and per 2.2.3, the cut-off amount for most gifts is $60CDN.post #31713 of 3330811/21/15 at 8:37pmpost #31714 of 3330811/22/15 at 7:33ampost #31715 of 3330811/22/15 at 8:43ampost #31716 of 3330811/22/15 at 10:02amI have a hunting jacket from the same era that I wear during the winter and paid about 70 dollars for it at a vintage store. You could probably get at least that much out of yours, especially if you can source a matching sleeve button from an antique store and sew it on with cotton thread.post #31717 of 3330811/22/15 at 5:47pmpost #31718 of 3330811/22/15 at 8:29pmpost #31719 of 3330811/22/15 at 8:57pmpost #31720 of 3330811/23/15 at 8:09ampost #31721 of 3330811/23/15 at 8:39ampost #31722 of 3330811/23/15 at 8:45amQuote:
Will you be wearing a shirt?
But, seriously, it does depend on the shirt.
I would do that tie, pink shirt, white square – the pink and blue are nice together, but I like having a hank pick up on a color in a tie.
They are very summery colors.post #31723 of 3330811/23/15 at 9:02am
Oh, and it also depends on the trousers' shade of grey. Light grey trousers with a navy blazer is a classic look. Dark grey trousers with a navy blazer tends to be much less pleasing a combination.
You indicate that it'll be worn to an engagement party. Assuming it's an engagement party where grey pants and navy blazer is an appropriate form of dress, I can't see any problem. For some engagement parties, anything beyond jeans and a t-shirt would be inappropriately formal. For other engagement parties, anything less than a suit would be excessively casual. But I'll assume that you know where in that spectrum of formality the engagement party in question falls.
And wear pink-and-navy argyle OTC socks. Just because.post #31724 of 3330811/25/15 at 3:55amQuote:
I believe 100 usd is the psychological limit...
Edited by stylexchangemtl - 12/2/15 at 2:31ampost #31725 of 3330811/25/15 at 7:09am
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 11 seconds ago
- › Truman Boots 1 minute ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 2 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 4 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 4 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 6 minutes ago
- › Best 80's Sci-Fi Films 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...