or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 2105

post #31561 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakv View Post

Is it easy to sew the stitching back into its proper place?
IMG_1887.JPG 1679k .JPG file
Sorry, I can't copy and paste it.

If the jacket is lined, you'd have to open up the jacket lining to do it by machine, but you could do it by hand easily enough- just a basic hand stitch, being careful to not go all the way the way through- you don't want to pick up the lining- then double back to fill in the gaps. Wouldn't be as durable as a real lockstitch, but it would more than fill the purpose of keeping the fill from moving around.
post #31562 of 33197
Were these worth picking up to flip for $10? Weyenberg Goodyear welted suede/leather. I grabbed them because I can return them.

post #31563 of 33197

No, they look like clown shoes.

post #31564 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesmkeart View Post

Were these worth picking up to flip for $10? Weyenberg Goodyear welted suede/leather. I grabbed them because I can return them.

 

 

Let's go bowling.

post #31565 of 33197
I definitely know they're weird but sometimes people want weird stuff
post #31566 of 33197
No, they're just nasty. Don't be ridiculous.
post #31567 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesmkeart View Post
Were these worth picking up to flip for $10? Weyenberg Goodyear welted suede/leather. I grabbed them because I can return them.


For some reason I would see that wearable if you are black, dunno why


Edited by stylexchangemtl - 11/8/15 at 6:49am
post #31568 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjeff View Post


If the jacket is lined, you'd have to open up the jacket lining to do it by machine, but you could do it by hand easily enough- just a basic hand stitch, being careful to not go all the way the way through- you don't want to pick up the lining- then double back to fill in the gaps. Wouldn't be as durable as a real lockstitch, but it would more than fill the purpose of keeping the fill from moving around.

Cool. There is no lining. Thanks. Is it easier by hand or machine?

post #31569 of 33197
I want a nice pair of shearling gloves for the winter. Any brand suggestions?
post #31570 of 33197
@shoelover these are the Gucci bit loafers that are super comfortable. I am wearing them today.
post #31571 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoelover View Post

I want a nice pair of shearling gloves for the winter. Any brand suggestions?

I am very happy with mine from Dents.
post #31572 of 33197
I like my ones from Portolano.
post #31573 of 33197
+1 for Dents. Just got a pair of cashmere lined ones that actually work with my smartphone.
post #31574 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonC View Post


I am very happy with mine from Dents.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Churchill W View Post

I like my ones from Portolano.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside View Post

+1 for Dents. Just got a pair of cashmere lined ones that actually work with my smartphone.

Thanks for the direction.

post #31575 of 33197

Two inquiries:

 

1. I'll be in NYC this weekend and I'm looking for a tan dress belt to go with my Saint Crispin's shoes. Where can one get a good tan dress belt in NYC? Failing that, what are my options on the internet?

 

I'd like to spend no more than $80, but I can be convinced to go a little bit higher depending on the quality. Or is this unreasonable given my perameters? I am aware of Equus - I have a few belts from them in fact - but the British Pound to Canadian dollar conversion rate is horrendous and would like to try an alternative for the time being.

 

2. Is it a "rule" to match suede shoes with a suede belt? Or is that rule not as steadfast as finding a matching or closely similar colour? I have a pair of natural colour suede derbies from Walkover that I'd like to find a belt for too.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)