or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 2089

post #31321 of 33186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside View Post
 

^Those sunglasses are Randolph Engineering Aviators.


You´re sure? I checked both- they do look quite alike. Well, anyway still trying to figure out the denim shirt. Any clues on that?

Cheers!

post #31322 of 33186
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefastlife View Post

is this normal for sunglasses? note how the arms aren't level at all?

this is my 2nd pair of American Opticals. the first pair, the nose pads completely broke off.

these arrived like this:


.
post #31323 of 33186


Many sunglasses (or glasses of any kind) tend to have unlevelled arms because of wear, tear or transport! You can adjust them by carefully bending ist to customize the fit to your head. but be careful: the cheaper ones can easily break. For the same look but with a bit more quality opt for the randolph engineering ones.

post #31324 of 33186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggerree View Post


Many sunglasses (or glasses of any kind) tend to have unlevelled arms because of wear, tear or transport! You can adjust them by carefully bending ist to customize the fit to your head. but be careful: the cheaper ones can easily break. For the same look but with a bit more quality opt for the randolph engineering ones.

My RE ones are great. I have gold with brown polarized lenses. I recently cracked one of the lenses and mailed them to RE and they replaced and sent them back for no charge. Don't know if this is the norm though.
post #31325 of 33186

Quick question regarding cloth.

I saw two images of Zegna cloth from their 2015 spring/summer collection that I liked very much. (numbers 62001 and 62006)

I have been told Zegna is sold out in Italy and that the wholesaler in the US has none left.

How does one go about finding a fabric if the factory is sold out? Is it possible? I am looking for 2.5 meters of each...

How do I ensure that I get to see--on line preferred--images of the limited run cloth from my favorite designers?

 

Many thanks,

Andrew

post #31326 of 33186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cossack View Post
 

Do you think suede oxfords are informal/casual? Would you wear these with a double-breasted suit?


I personally wouldn't with a formal double breasted, but these will work with a suit like linen.

post #31327 of 33186
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooksLauren77 View Post


I personally wouldn't with a formal double breasted, but these will work with a suit like linen.
Fred Astaire and his grey flannel double-breasteds beg to differ.



I wouldn't do it with a worsted DB, though.
post #31328 of 33186

That's what I meant by formal.

post #31329 of 33186
Gentlemen,

I'd like to solicit your opinion regarding a CARUSO Sportcoat I've just picked up. Trying to make up my mind if I should keep it or not.

The fit is terrific as one can expect from Caruso. The material is 55% silk and 45% wool and the cloth has a houndstooth pattern (pied-de-poule).

Because of the silk in the material, it shines a bit. Not a lot but it still shines; which can be expected from a silk wool blend.

I'm just wondering if it looks too sleazy because of the silk shine? And no, I'm not a lounge singer. I just want to wear it in the evenings with beige or khaki chinos.

Any feedback would be highly appreciated!

post #31330 of 33186
I thrifted this Brioni polo. It says xl but is tiny on me. Is it fake or do they just make really small sizes in Europe?
post #31331 of 33186
post #31332 of 33186

I thrifted a large Brioni Polo a year or so ago that would easily have been a standard American Small. We are a large people.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesmkeart View Post

I thrifted this Brioni polo. It says xl but is tiny on me. Is it fake or do they just make really small sizes in Europe?
post #31333 of 33186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala-T View Post

Thanks. I normally wear a large and this barely reached my pants
post #31334 of 33186

Guys, are there any tie colors that don't go with a charcoal suit?

 

2nd question: I'm going to wear an end-on-end dress shirt very close in color to this:

503755091_7_mdressshirtflat?$pdp_flexH$

 

Requesting suggestions for tie colors.

post #31335 of 33186
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakv View Post
 

Guys, are there any tie colors that don't go with a charcoal suit?

 

2nd question: I'm going to wear an end-on-end dress shirt very close in color to this:

503755091_7_mdressshirtflat?$pdp_flexH$

 

Requesting suggestions for tie colors.

Occasion?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)