or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 2064

post #30946 of 33196
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderJack23 View Post
 

can i wear these shoes with shirt?b754052.jpg

I would recommend it.

post #30947 of 33196

it is kinda risky i think.. but dont you think it gives you  a more sporty look? @Koala-T

post #30948 of 33196

Wearing shoes with a shirt is never risky unless you fail to wear pants.

post #30949 of 33196

i dont have problems with the pants not at all! anyway thank you very much for your help @Koala-T

post #30950 of 33196

Does anyone know where to buy a silver cuff bracelet for under $100?

post #30951 of 33196
Quote:
Originally Posted by justridiculous View Post
 

Does anyone know where to buy a silver cuff bracelet for under $100?


look at asos

post #30952 of 33196
Quote:
Originally Posted by realizment View Post

I was looking at adding a stylish lapel pin or flower with a jacket I got recently as it was modeled with one and it looked nice.

 

I am just wondering what are the rules, are you not supposed to wear certain things while wearing one, what are you supposed to match it with if anything etc?  Whats the down low on lapel pin fashion lol

don't overdo the accessories. I think you would forego a pocket square or tie bar if doing a lapel pin.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk
post #30953 of 33196
Hi guys,

With sale season here, I was hoping to buy a briefcase for work - requirements:

* Can hold my 13" laptop and some documents, but otherwise slim (I don't need a thick messenger-like briefcase).
* Willing to consider both leather and canvas, slightly prefer the former.
* I wear a suit (usually navy) Monday to Thursday, and business casual (blazer + chinos) on Fridays.
* I would use a briefcase only for client meetings where laptop is required. Otherwise I don't carry enough stuff daily to justify a briefcase, would use a pouch instead.
* My budget is about USD400-700 (linked to above point, i.e. this is an occasional bag).

Two options I've been considering are the Mismo Morris leather and the Mismo Soft Work briefcases.

1) Any general comments on Mismo briefcases, if anyone has any experiences with them?

2) Any other recommendations from other brands?

Thanks!

Mismo Morris (in grey leather)



Mismo soft work (probably in khaki or black)



post #30954 of 33196
Check out La Portegna Fat Carter:
http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/exclusive-special-edition-fat-carter-briefcase-blue-canvas-and-avellana-chestnut-leather.html
http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/accessories/bags/fat-carter-briefcase-cement-canvas-and-sol-brown-leather.html

If that is too big for you, they have the regular version which I own (no longer sold bei NOMA) that is slimmer and should fit your bill. You can check it out on their website.
post #30955 of 33196
I saw this suit off eBay, a Hardy Amies but the price seems surprisingly low. The seller told me that there is no fault / stain on it. Considering there is a no return policy, I am a bit reluctant. I can see something odd by the left shoulder (front side) by the armpit on the first picture, and again slightly on top of the leg pocket of the trousers.
Link :
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=181792675495&globalID=EBAY-GB

Thanks for your help
post #30956 of 33196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satmoche View Post

I saw this suit off eBay, a Hardy Amies but the price seems surprisingly low. The seller told me that there is no fault / stain on it. Considering there is a no return policy, I am a bit reluctant. I can see something odd by the left shoulder (front side) by the armpit on the first picture, and again slightly on top of the leg pocket of the trousers.
Link :
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=181792675495&globalID=EBAY-GB

Thanks for your help


I can see that the other suits he has on sale are similarly priced. Maybe he doen't know/care about their value and wants to make a quick buck.

He seems to have good feedback but be cautious. Personally, I've never bought clothes online because I'm paranoid about fit/defects/fakes or scams - most of my wardrobe is thrifted, but I can try an item on, inspect it at length, etc. But ebay can be good if you're careful because you don't need to dig through lots of stuff to find something nice.

What I can tell from the pics, there's some loose fibers near the shoulder and belt loop above the trouser pocket. Might be something else, however

post #30957 of 33196
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragos25 View Post


I can see that the other suits he has on sale are similarly priced. Maybe he doen't know/care about their value and wants to make a quick buck.
He seems to have good feedback but be cautious. Personally, I've never bought clothes online because I'm paranoid about fit/defects/fakes or scams - most of my wardrobe is thrifted, but I can try an item on, inspect it at length, etc. But ebay can be good if you're careful because you don't need to dig through lots of stuff to find something nice.
What I can tell from the pics, there's some loose fibers near the shoulder and belt loop above the trouser pocket. Might be something else, however

Thanks for your help !
I asked him about those apparent loose fivers and he told me not to see anything. I will pass then since there is no return possible.
post #30958 of 33196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satmoche View Post


Thanks for your help !
I asked him about those apparent loose fivers and he told me not to see anything. I will pass then since there is no return possible.


Ask him to take better, detailed photos of those areas.

Lots of ebay sellers don't do returns, but it doesn't necessarily mean something bad. Just be overly cautious

post #30959 of 33196
Thanks again, I just did as adviced
The 'no-return' policy is not great for items like this.
post #30960 of 33196
Which shoe polish should I buy, and what is the best technique for polishing shoes?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)