or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 2051

post #30751 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjeff View Post


Were they like that when you bought them? Because otherwise, while it doesn't look normal, I think it's more likely to suggest a horrible mismatch between the shape of your foot and the last/size than it suggests bad workmanship. AE will likely take them back regardless, and you should take them back, and try on some shoes in different lasts and size. The 5 last the Park Ave is on is stupidly long and narrow, and will simply never come close to fitting many people.

Thank you very much.

 

Like I said the topside is fine, literally no creasing. The only problem is the heel and I wasn't sure if this was normal.

 

They weren't like this when I purchased them, they looked normal without any premature creasing or irregularities. 

 

I purchased them last year around August I believe, so I'm not sure if AE will still take them back because it's been so long? But like I said definitely under 10 wears. 

 

They are a 10-E because my foot is decently wide, but they do bow out towards the top a little bit when I step.

post #30752 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by ter1413 View Post


^^
+1

And the shirt is a no-go with that outfit

I agree for the shirt, it just was there just for test, I'm looking for some basic light blue.

post #30753 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by M E G A View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjeff View Post


Were they like that when you bought them? Because otherwise, while it doesn't look normal, I think it's more likely to suggest a horrible mismatch between the shape of your foot and the last/size than it suggests bad workmanship. AE will likely take them back regardless, and you should take them back, and try on some shoes in different lasts and size. The 5 last the Park Ave is on is stupidly long and narrow, and will simply never come close to fitting many people.

Thank you very much.

 

Like I said the topside is fine, literally no creasing. The only problem is the heel and I wasn't sure if this was normal.

 

They weren't like this when I purchased them, they looked normal without any premature creasing or irregularities. 

 

I purchased them last year around August I believe, so I'm not sure if AE will still take them back because it's been so long? But like I said definitely under 10 wears. 

 

They are a 10-E because my foot is decently wide, but they do bow out towards the top a little bit when I step.


Do any of your other shoes crease in similar areas?  It may be due to your gait, how you use your ankles, or the direction your feet point.  My own gait gives incredibly deep creases in the front of all of my shoes despite shoe tree use because of long steps and using my toes to push off the ground, and it's always kind of baffling to me to see other people's well-worn shoes with mild or no creasing in that area.  Nevertheless, while some of my shoes exhibit light ankle creasing, none of them are literally folded over like the lateral side of your AEs.

post #30754 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadAngle View Post
 


Do any of your other shoes crease in similar areas?  It may be due to your gait, how you use your ankles, or the direction your feet point.  My own gait gives incredibly deep creases in the front of all of my shoes despite shoe tree use because of long steps and using my toes to push off the ground, and it's always kind of baffling to me to see other people's well-worn shoes with mild or no creasing in that area.  Nevertheless, while some of my shoes exhibit light ankle creasing, none of them are literally folded over like the lateral side of your AEs.

The only other pair of dress shoes I have are Aldo Valcin's: 

 

I've had them for about 2 years now with well over 20 wears and they have literally zero creases at all.. Jus very scuffed up because they're my GO-TO club/bar/beater shoes. 

 

There is some creasing slightly under the top portion going horizontally around the lip, but nothing close to how my AE's make that crescent-like crease from top down. 

post #30755 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by R125S View Post
 

I agree for the shirt, it just was there just for test, I'm looking for some basic light blue.

Not sure if that gentleman is you, in the picture with the navy suit and good lighting, but the fit is very poor. He must cycle/run a lot(bow legged). The too-tight clothing reveals that instead of flattering his legs, and body.

post #30756 of 33197

No it's not me, I'm on pictures few posts before that (light beige suit), but I like fitment which shows physique, especially for those who workout. I'm not that fit, but my waist is about 8'' smaller than my chest, maybe even more so I hate boxy look if jacket doesn't fit right.

post #30757 of 33197
You wear suits to show off physique? Why not a 2 button spandex? Make it metallic and the suit can double as a mirror
post #30758 of 33197

Not for showing off but why hiding it and look like a box?

post #30759 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by R125S View Post
 

Not for showing off but why hiding it and look like a box?

A Boxy fit and overly tight like the ones you posted are NOT the only 2 possibilities on the spectrum. If you want to FLATTER, that is an entirely different aesthetic and story.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
03TFGrayFit001-1.jpgBrownTFfit3018-1-1.jpg
post #30760 of 33197

Thanks for feedback and opinions 

post #30761 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakv View Post
 

A Boxy fit and overly tight like the ones you posted are NOT the only 2 possibilities on the spectrum. If you want to FLATTER, that is an entirely different aesthetic and story.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
03TFGrayFit001-1.jpgBrownTFfit3018-1-1.jpg


+999. These suits are much more flattering than the overly tight and short jackets posted previously. Much more classically masculine silhouette.

 

Too small jackets will make you look smaller than you really are and vice versa on the other end.

post #30762 of 33197

Can anyone direct me towards shoe (sneaker/trainer) manufacturing in Italy, France, Portugal- really anywhere of high quality?

 

I've searched this site and Googled but results are slim.

 

Any help is greatly appreciated!

post #30763 of 33197

For what reason? Good quality shoes can be made anywhere.

post #30764 of 33197

What is the difference between a beaded stripe and a pindot pattern in terms of suiting fabric?

post #30765 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakv View Post

What is the difference between a beaded stripe and a pindot pattern in terms of suiting fabric?
Great question and I don't think there is much difference. Both are wider stripes and the only difference I can see is that the beaded shows a definitive break in the line. A pindot requires you to look closely. I saw some "pin dot" and it has an unbroken linear look to the stripe. Maybe a weaving distinction with the two piece goods, but rarely see outside of STP offerings from HF (c'mon, that's where you saw it)
Not a fan of beaded as it creates a fuzzy stripe.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)