Hello, I recently signed up in the forum and wanted to ask how would you wear a vest. I don't know what it would fit with.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 7:00 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 2044post #30647 of 334625/15/15 at 1:02ampost #30648 of 334625/15/15 at 1:05ampost #30649 of 334625/15/15 at 1:36am
Hello fellow SF members,
I will attend a networking event on campus later in the afternoon. The dress code is business professional and I am planning to wear my charcoal suit. They would probably attach some sort of name tag to my suit, probably the sticker/ adhesive kind if not the clip-on or safety pin kind. Anyway I am kinda worried that these things will damage my suit. The charcoal suit is probably the same one I'd use in job interviews later. I would appreciate your inputs.
-SartorialTastepost #30650 of 334625/15/15 at 2:47am^ If a name tag with the clip, attach to the breast pocket of the jacket.
If a safety pin, maybe through the lapel hole if you'll be concerned of it damaging the suit.
If a sticker, put it on your forehead (sorry, couldn't resist). In serious, sticker should be fine on the suit. Can always dab a sponge and clean if it does leave any kind of residue when peeling it off.post #30651 of 334625/15/15 at 3:43ampost #30652 of 334625/15/15 at 4:18amQuote:
I don't wear manbags or girly loafers, nor a sportcoat to work, I actually like only how the trousers and cardigan match, all the rest I didn't pay attention to
Edit: that goes for all his pictures actually (I have some stored on my PC for inspiration). Some way or another, I like the way he is able to combine the 'basics' into a very nice outfit.post #30653 of 334625/15/15 at 4:29ampost #30654 of 334625/15/15 at 4:56ampost #30655 of 334625/15/15 at 5:17amQuote:Originally Posted by rwatkins
I was very excited and I just received my order of suits 1 navy showdown striped made in Italy Brooks Brother 1818 38R Fitzgeral
1 38R Lubiam black pinstripe made in Italy suit
1 J. Lindenburg almost black sports coat with leather detailing 38R.
I took them to my tailor and he said to return all of them due to fit. I am very slim and the suits not so much. I am 4'10 142 31
After this discouraging time do you have any suggestions of suits and what do you think about his opinions?
Is anyone interested in the suits before I return them?
Pictures will be posted soon.
How slim is 4'10 and 142 pounds? I'm 10 inches taller and 10 pounds lighter, and I'm not super slim.post #30656 of 334625/15/15 at 6:16ampost #30657 of 334625/15/15 at 6:21ampost #30658 of 334625/15/15 at 6:25am
Under 6ft is considered quite short in the UK - often times we find that shorter people tend to cover up the height issue with things that distract the eye ie expensive clothes and fast cars, good looking women perhaps. I suppose that being short is never a problem unless you aren't too well off.post #30659 of 334625/15/15 at 6:29amQuote:Originally Posted by Berners15
Under 6ft is considered quite short in the UK - often times we find that shorter people tend to cover up the height issue with things that distract the eye ie expensive clothes and fast cars, good looking women perhaps. I suppose that being short is never a problem unless you aren't too well off.
What are you talking about? The average height in the UK is 5'10:
I'd consider one standard deviation above average to be far from "quite short".post #30660 of 334625/15/15 at 6:30am
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 32 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 34 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 53 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 6 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 9 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 10 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 12 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 14 minutes ago
- › Sutor Mantellassi Shoes - New in Box - Lots of Shoes and Sizes -... 17 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...