Peal & Co?
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 6:26 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 2014post #30196 of 331973/9/15 at 2:18ampost #30197 of 331973/9/15 at 8:39ampost #30198 of 331973/9/15 at 8:55ampost #30199 of 331973/9/15 at 9:02am
Oh, I could tell you that it depends on the linen trousers, and on the wool blazer, and ask to see pictures of both, and then point out that it depends on the situation and circumstances.
And all of that might be valid.
But the general answer is that there's no inherent reason why one can't wear linen trousers with a navy wool blazer.post #30200 of 331973/9/15 at 12:38pmpost #30201 of 331973/9/15 at 12:43pmQuote:
Soooo many choices. In short, yes those both would be fine. There are also a lot of different options available.post #30202 of 331973/9/15 at 12:46pmQuote:
A nice pair of penny loafers would be my suggestion, yup.
'Course, lots of people just have a hate on for penny loafers. But assuming you don't - and since you mention them as a possibility, I'm guessing you're pretty much okay with them - that'd definitely be one solid way to go.Quote:Or suede oxford shoes?
I don't hate suede, but suede shoes, generally speaking, tend to be less versatile (in various ways) than leather shoes.post #30203 of 331973/9/15 at 12:53pmpost #30204 of 331973/9/15 at 12:56pmpost #30205 of 331973/9/15 at 1:02pmpost #30206 of 331973/9/15 at 1:29pmpost #30207 of 331973/9/15 at 1:30pmQuote:Also, since he's talking about penny loafers, it's worth keeping in mind that penny loafers are somewhat informal shoes to begin with. And rubber soles - as opposed to leather - tend to reduce formality even more. Which could, perhaps, leave them a little too informal for the aforementioned jacket and tie and smart trousers.
Plus, penny loafers have leather soles. I mean, rubber soled penny loafers? That's like a tuxedo with suede patches one the elbows. (And nobody be a smart buttocks and offer up a picture of some pop culture icon wearing a tuxedo with suede patches on the elbows.)post #30208 of 331973/9/15 at 1:33pmpost #30209 of 331973/9/15 at 1:34pmA reduction in formality is not the concern. Plenty of cheap oxfords come with rubber soles. The concern is durability. Rubber soles are usually glued on rather than welted, they leave scuff marks, and they look back IMO. Rubber panels sewn on to leather soles are a different matter entirely. They are for purposes of protection and traction only.post #30210 of 331973/9/15 at 1:39pmQuote:
Penny loafers are just so "standard" IMO. To me, they are for college kids.
If you are a college kid, then it will work.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Currently, there are 1298 Active Users (231 Members and 1067 Guests)
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 2 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 14 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 15 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 15 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 17 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 18 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 20 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 20 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...