or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 2000

post #29986 of 33197

I have an idea. What size are you?

post #29987 of 33197

8E/8.5D. depends on last/instep/lacing.

 

I've tried these CH's in person and they're okay. Certainly better options out there, but at what price. I'll be in london late next month. I'm trying to sell off a few things I don't use anymore to put together some money to buy a couple of pairs of solid shoes, so that might be an option as well depending on how much stuff I end up selling. I have some money from my tax return, but feel like I should put what's left after that trip into some funding for some summer shenanigans.

Oh the life of a student :)


Edited by ridethecliche - 2/18/15 at 9:31pm
post #29988 of 33197
Where can I find a passport holder similar to this one?

post #29989 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
 

8E/8.5D. depends on last/instep/lacing.

 

I've tried these CH's in person and they're okay. Certainly better options out there, but at what price. I'll be in london late next month. I'm trying to sell off a few things I don't use anymore to put together some money to buy a couple of pairs of solid shoes, so that might be an option as well depending on how much stuff I end up selling. I have some money from my tax return, but feel like I should put what's left after that trip into some funding for some summer shenanigans.

Oh the life of a student :)

 

http://www.herringshoes.co.uk

 

Might try this place. Search by your size (mind the UK conversion). There are some on there for around 150 and most would be better than Cole Haan.

post #29990 of 33197

I've done a lot of suit shopping lately and research on suits. I first went to Jos A B, Men's Wear House, Macy's, J Crew Factory, and Banana Republic factory.  I found nothing I liked.  I then decided to try a suit place in downtown Provo, Ut area called Perfectly Suited, By Garth.  This place specializes in custom fitted suits.  Though the suits are $800 and up.  So I looked at what he had on the rack and the brand I liked the most was Mattarazi Uomo.  However I had never heard of this brand and I wanted to research before I paid $550 + tailoring fees for the suit.  I feel like because Garth has been in Provo for 20 years he must know a thing or two about suits.  So I searched all over the internet to find this brand.  I finally found a place that will sell me the suit for 399$.  A place called wizard of aahs.  After doing research on this place I found that it's ran by the son in law of the ebay powerseller wizard of aahs, a man named Jeff who used to post on AAAC.  

 

I have been told by the employee at Garth's that the suit is full canvas and an Italian cut. I also called the number on the Mattarazi site and they assured me of the same thing.  They asked me where I found their suit and said Utah.  To which the responded that Garth and Jordan(salesmen at perfectly suited) are on of their suppliers.  The man on the phone even had an accent.  I doubt it was made in Italy but that's okay.  I'm wondering if anyone else has had experience with this suit?  Is it really worth $399?  Also got in contact with the current owner of wizard of aahs to ask him about the suit and he said he offers the exact same suit as Garth's.  He asked how much it cost and was surprised when I told him $550.  It felt a lot better than all the suits I wore at all those cheap discount suit places.  However $400 is a lot of money if the suit is not what it is advertised to be. 

post #29991 of 33197
I always have to wear something with a shirt whether it be blazer, sports coat, cardigan or whatever.

My question is what do you wear with a shirt when the weather is really hot?

Thanks in advance
post #29992 of 33197

How do I determine where my natural waistline is? And once I know, how do I select different cuts of trousers based on my waistline?

Forgive me if this makes no sense.

post #29993 of 33197

20150219_201027.jpg 1,648k .jpg file

20150219_201043.jpg 1,661k .jpg file

Fellas,

I just received a pair of Alden's. I was inspecting them and found something disturbing. Is this grounds for an exchange? Definitely never have seen this before. I was so disappointed too cause I waited for the MA storm to die down :[ THe welt on the other shoe is uneven near where the heel connects to the sole(I forgot what this is called)

post #29994 of 33197

Hey everyone! I recently started dressing up again, and went to a local Salvation Army/Goodwill last night, to try and see if I could find anything! Found a nice pair of shoes, double breasted blazer, and a new belt. I was just wondering how this outfit looked?

post #29995 of 33197

Which of the following two shoes look better from a more "classic menswear" perspective?

 

post #29996 of 33197
Thoughts on wearing a 3.5" tie with a suit jacket with 2.5" lapels?
post #29997 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by edubs01 View Post

Thoughts on wearing a 3.5" tie with a suit jacket with 2.5" lapels?
It could look okay. Or not. While lapel width is one factor in determining which tie width to wear, it's certainly not the only factor.
post #29998 of 33197

My place of employment requires all customer-facing employees to wear something green every Friday (due to the branding of the company). What's the most appropriate way to incorporate green into a moderately conservative business environment in the hot and humid south? I've got a couple of green ties, but I'm not really happy with how they look with either medium gray or navy suits.

post #29999 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by flvinny521 View Post

My place of employment requires all customer-facing employees to wear something green every Friday (due to the branding of the company). What's the most appropriate way to incorporate green into a moderately conservative business environment in the hot and humid south? I've got a couple of green ties, but I'm not really happy with how they look with either medium gray or navy suits.

Here in California I'd say just roll a joint and stick it behind your ear, but that might not fly. How about a clover in your lapel? It's almost March! Seriously though, some kind of small lapel button/accessory would probably work.

post #30000 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Nickels View Post

Here in California I'd say just roll a joint and stick it behind your ear, but that might not fly. How about a clover in your lapel? It's almost March! Seriously though, some kind of small lapel button/accessory would probably work.

 

Thanks for your input. Actually, the company does provide a small magnetized lapel emblem that I wear, but this is supposed to be in addition to that emblem.

 

Maybe I'll throw some green laces in my shoes...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)