or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1960

post #29386 of 33197

Should I wait til the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale (or maybe the Half-yearly sale on Dec 26) to buy 2 pairs of 1st qual 5th Avenues(black & bourbon) or should I buy two 2nd qual pairs from the Shoebank when the 5th Avenues drop to $200(which should happen sooner)?

 

I want to get them at their least expensive but also am curious about buying 1sts as I own only 2nds.


Edited by forbritisheyes - 12/23/14 at 11:51pm
post #29387 of 33197
So, my wife brought home this 'military jacket.'


From Banana Republic. Lined with thermore; includes snap-in vest that is also lined. This thing is Mega Warm. However...do you notice anything off the bat? I searched for this jacket online - and found it. Supposed to be a FOUR pocket military jacket - but, I've got three. Ha! I think it's funny. It is still a great jacket. But... This whole lack of symmetry is getting to me.

What do y'all think? Does it look off or is it just me?
post #29388 of 33197

I have a pair of B&L 58[]14 gold aviators I acquired from my dad but it's only the frame and lens itself.  Is there any reputable place I can get replacement temples and screws that you guys recommend? If not, is there any temples that you guys know of that would be compatible with it?

post #29389 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evalonius View Post

So, my wife brought home this 'military jacket.'


From Banana Republic. Lined with thermore; includes snap-in vest that is also lined. This thing is Mega Warm. However...do you notice anything off the bat? I searched for this jacket online - and found it. Supposed to be a FOUR pocket military jacket - but, I've got three. Ha! I think it's funny. It is still a great jacket. But... This whole lack of symmetry is getting to me.

What do y'all think? Does it look off or is it just me?

Unusual for that sort of jacket, but standard on a suit or sport coat. Did your wife get it at a discount? I think it looks just fine, but would look better with four pockets. If they'll exchange it for a correct one, great. If not, wear and enjoy. Or, as your wife bought it for you, just wear it and enjoy it as both a coat and a loving gesture.
post #29390 of 33197
Yeah, it was discounted. Last one smile.gif
post #29391 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evalonius View Post

Yeah, it was discounted. Last one smile.gif

Yeah, wear it. Enjoy it. If you don't like it enough to wear it, don't. If I was you, I wouldn't let the pocket thing stop me.
post #29392 of 33197

I am having a difficult time picking out the 'best suit' for me. We will be having an indian wedding and my fiance is wearing a pink indian outfit.

 

Budget: ~$2000

Weather: Will be hot, 90 degrees (wedding in Thailand)

Fit: Athletic, Chest 38"

Designers: Suit supply, armani, gucci, hugo boss (Others?)

Color: Black (I have never seen a groom in an indian wedding wear anything but black)

 

I have a tailor in bangkok and can always get suits custom-made- but would like a designer suit to wear to the wedding.

 

1. Which designers would you recommend for a wedding suit?

2. Any personalizations to add to make the suit distinguished?

 

I will be purchasing the suit within the next week. Any help/insight would be great. thank you!

post #29393 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by custommd View Post
 

I am having a difficult time picking out the 'best suit' for me. We will be having an indian wedding and my fiance is wearing a pink indian outfit.

 

Budget: ~$2000

Weather: Will be hot, 90 degrees (wedding in Thailand)

Fit: Athletic, Chest 38"

Designers: Suit supply, armani, gucci, hugo boss (Others?)

Color: Black (I have never seen a groom in an indian wedding wear anything but black)

 

I have a tailor in bangkok and can always get suits custom-made- but would like a designer suit to wear to the wedding.

 

1. Which designers would you recommend for a wedding suit?

2. Any personalizations to add to make the suit distinguished?

 

I will be purchasing the suit within the next week. Any help/insight would be great. thank you!

 

Wear a kurta so you don't look ridiculous when your wife is wearing a sari and so you aren't as sweaty as a pig through your entire wedding.

post #29394 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgitswes View Post

As in a purple shirt, or white shirt with a pocket square or tie with purple in it?

And thanks, I was searching glen plaid instead of Prince of Wales. I'll search that

 

Don't wear a pocket square in a shirt pocket. It looks contrived.

post #29395 of 33197

The suit would be for the reception. I have 3 indian sherwani's for all the other events. thanks!

post #29396 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by forbritisheyes View Post
 

Should I wait til the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale (or maybe the Half-yearly sale on Dec 26) to buy 2 pairs of 1st qual 5th Avenues(black & bourbon) or should I buy two 2nd qual pairs from the Shoebank when the 5th Avenues drop to $200(which should happen sooner)?

 

I want to get them at their least expensive but also am curious about buying 1sts as I own only 2nds.

Bump please

post #29397 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnshaw View Post

I'm a 14.5 neck, 34 chest and 28 waist. Which shirts will fit me better; 1.) TML super fully fitted shirts or 2) CT extra slim shirts.

Thanks! smile.gif

TM Lewin super fitted. It's about 3 inches narrower than the CT through the chest and waist.
post #29398 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by forbritisheyes View Post

Should I wait til the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale (or maybe the Half-yearly sale on Dec 26) to buy 2 pairs of 1st qual 5th Avenues(black & bourbon) or should I buy two 2nd qual pairs from the Shoebank when the 5th Avenues drop to $200(which should happen sooner)?

I want to get them at their least expensive but also am curious about buying 1sts as I own only 2nds.
I would wait for the half yearly sale. Ask a salesperson what sales prices will be. If you have an AE owned store they may price match Nordstrom. AE managers have discretion to price match and allow additional colors. My experience is AE managers are willing to bend rules for loyal customers. Wear your AE when requesting a price match. The manager will notice your shoes.
post #29399 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by guccihomme View Post


I would wait for the half yearly sale. Ask a salesperson what sales prices will be. If you have an AE owned store they may price match Nordstrom. AE managers have discretion to price match and allow additional colors. My experience is AE managers are willing to bend rules for loyal customers. Wear your AE when requesting a price match. The manager will notice your shoes.

I did call a few locations but they couldn't tell me sales prices.

 

Guess I'll find out on Friday as the Half-yearly sale is the day after Christmas. So you think if I go to the AE store in SF(1h north but could be worth it), they'll price match for me provided AE is lower? Should I call in advance of coming in?

post #29400 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by forbritisheyes View Post

I did call a few locations but they couldn't tell me sales prices.

Guess I'll find out on Friday as the Half-yearly sale is the day after Christmas. So you think if I go to the AE store in SF(1h north but could be worth it), they'll price match for me provided AE is lower? Should I call in advance of coming in?

I would call. They are influenced by loyalty to AE brand. Mention AE shoes you own.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)