It is real crocodile leather.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 9:04 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1953post #29282 of 3329812/11/14 at 5:39ampost #29283 of 3329812/11/14 at 6:09amHonestly, ask yourself, is a pair of $500 gloves really worth it? If you are here asking, then I really am not sure if they are for you. Personally, I think they are shiny and gaudy, and are rarely, rarely done well. If you really want a pair of gator gloves, I would recommend getting a sueded gator. But in regards to gloves, I am just not really sure that it is a great material for a pair of gloves.
Finally, as far as gloves go, I prefer a matte look. Try looking at peccary or carpincho. I just picked these up, and this is what pops into my mind when I think about exotic gloves:
Usually they are in some shade of mid to dark brown.post #29284 of 3329812/11/14 at 6:21ampost #29285 of 3329812/11/14 at 6:48am
Admittedly, I'm sure there are many gloves which are far worse. Gloves with glitter or semi-precious stones or purple gloves with feathers or what have you. The gloves you're talking about sort of say "Look at me," but I acknowledge that they don't scream it at the top of their lungs. They're not to my taste, but they are tolerable.
I also don't really get the connection between crocodile leather and gloves. I mean, I associate crocs with hot places. You know, the tropics. And gloves with cold weather. So some conflict there. It'd be different with, say, a belt, which isn't really an item I tend to associate with a specific temperature range. I get that this is a pretty minor point, but at least for me, there it is.
Still and all, they're not god awful by any means. I suppose if you can afford them the way the average person can afford a cup of coffee, and if you like their look, you could do worse than to buy them. I mean, they're not horrible and if it'd make you feel good to wear them now and then, you wouldn't be doing anyone any real harm. But I'd probably drop $500 on some hand-crafted sterling silver aglets, before I'd bother dropping $500 on those gloves.
Just my take on them, mind you.post #29286 of 3329812/11/14 at 7:00ampost #29287 of 3329812/11/14 at 7:05ampost #29288 of 3329812/11/14 at 7:46am
Trying to get an idea of what colors to wear this winter. I purchased a Spiewak Andrea Olive Parka(love this coat!!). I also have a pair Black cherry Red wings and a generic Olive scarf. Any recommendations for what color gloves and winter hat should I go with?
I was thinking tan gloves, but won't match the boots or anything for that matter.
thanks!post #29289 of 3329812/11/14 at 11:06ampost #29290 of 3329812/11/14 at 11:15amQuote:
I personally find charcoal grey the most versatile colour. I can't think of a colour that absolutely won't work with grey, whereas with navy, there are a couple (black not so much; purple is hit and miss I think). Either one is very versatile; I just find grey slightly more so.post #29291 of 3329812/11/14 at 11:17ampost #29292 of 3329812/11/14 at 11:20amNavy is more classic, and in my most humble of opinions, the more versatile color. Navy can literally be worn with everything. The problem with grey, is that grey on grey does not always work. It works frequently, but not always. Personally, I just prefer navy jacket, blue shirt, grey pants.post #29293 of 3329812/11/14 at 11:25amQuote:Originally Posted by Newcomer
Navy is more classic, and in my most humble of opinions, the more versatile color. Navy can literally be worn with everything. The problem with grey, is that grey on grey does not always work. It works frequently, but not always. Personally, I just prefer navy jacket, blue shirt, grey pants.
I think that combo is better, as well. I prefer the look of a navy peacoat, and I think we're really splitting hairs (as we've both said) on versatility between the two. So, I think the question, @Feryll, is which one do you like better?post #29294 of 3329812/11/14 at 11:47ampost #29295 of 3329812/11/14 at 1:02pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 seconds ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 20 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 24 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 5 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › No Man Walks Alone MTO and Pre-Orders Thread (Central Thread for... 6 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 6 minutes ago
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...