I answered above, if you are going to ask a question, look for the answer.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Yesterday at 4:35 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1949post #29222 of 3338812/3/14 at 3:57pmHey I saw the answer that you gave and I'm pretty it was pretty elusive in the sense that I didn't really know whether it's okay or if it is an okay so that's why I wasn't sure if you were really answering it but I guess I got the answer which is it can work however I just don't understand how it doesn't work with let's say a black suit with brown shoes is it because it's too flamboyant and loud or is it just tradition. Sorry if any of this comes across strange but I'm using voice to text. Can you give me examples of where black trousers does not work with brown shoes. I was under the impression that dark denim works with brown shoes but not black trousers.
Maybe I just have a lot of this all mixed up because I'm learning thankspost #29223 of 3338812/3/14 at 4:06pmpost #29224 of 3338812/3/14 at 4:26pmI guess it is a matter of aesthetics, more or less. I am sure it can be done, and done well, by sophisticated dressers. But chances are, you are not an overly sophisticated dresser (at this time), and you probably will not do it well.
Why do I stick to grays and blues? Because you can put them together easily, and it will look nice. Black and brown can work well together. But it can also look horrendous.
It is the same reason why people don't wear red and pink together. One their own, sure, but together, more often than not, it looks like shit. There is no "historical" reason, per se. But you know, maybe you came up with a good combo. If so, rock it.post #29225 of 3338812/4/14 at 2:41am
I got this suit on a black friday sale and I'm wondering if I should keep it. Could you give me your advice on the fit?
Some info: I'm 5'11", 165 lbs.
Suit has an extra slim fit cut.
Jacket is 38S , and 31W pants.
Pants still need to be hemmed.
And I think my basic knowledge tells me the sleeves are too short also.
I had three main questions:
1) I measured from the top of the jacket to the floor 61.5" and the jacket length is 28.75" which is a whole 2" shorter than the ideal half length I read about.
Can this pass off as a modern look or is the jacket simply too short?
2) What the hell is causing that diagonal crease/wrinkle from the first button on the side with the ticket pocket? Is it easily/cheaply fixable?
3) what else would need to be adjusted so that the fit is perfect?
Thanks in advance.post #29226 of 3338812/4/14 at 7:32amHey @RolledUpSleevez,
I will gladly give you some advice.
Before taking my advice, I would like to ask--how much was the suit on sale? Whether it was several thousand, or several hundred, determines the extent to which I would critique the fit.
Pants do need to be hemmed, and the sleeves are a bit short. There should be extra material in the sleeves to lengthen them a bit.
Regarding the length--I think the length is fine for a modern fit. You look like a younger guy, and I think you are skinny enough to pull it off. It is short, but if you like the look, rock it.
That diagonal crease appears to be caused by the button placement / the jacket being a bit too tight. You should be able to let the jacket out a bit, and get rid of that crease. Will be inexpensive. Also, I think it is exacerbated by your stance. You look like you kind of threw your shoulders back for the picture.
Make some of those changes, and we will see where you stand.post #29227 of 3338812/4/14 at 8:16ampost #29228 of 3338812/4/14 at 8:19ampost #29229 of 3338812/4/14 at 8:51amQuote:
I agree with that--however, if he picked it up for a couple hundo, and just needs something to wear, I think it is "fine." Lots of room for improvement though.post #29230 of 3338812/4/14 at 9:26amAvoid black dress shirts. I have two mtm. I only get to wear then with denim and occasionally mid gray and only at night and even then just because I don't want to waste the shirts.
If you want something casual but neutral go with light gray. Off white is okay too. I also have a royal/French blue I like for casual wear.
Generally these less conservative/classic solid colors work best without a jacket and probably rolled up. They are not CM so unless you're trying to experiment don't try to wear them like they are.post #29231 of 3338812/4/14 at 10:05ampost #29232 of 3338812/4/14 at 12:17pmpost #29233 of 3338812/4/14 at 3:33pmpost #29234 of 3338812/5/14 at 1:07pmpost #29235 of 3338812/5/14 at 1:11pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Eidos Napoli 53 seconds ago
- › Does my suit fit well? 2 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Suit sleeve length 11 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 14 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 16 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 16 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 17 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 18 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...