or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1946

post #29176 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post

If your work does not "require" you to dress up, I would suggest focusing on quality (to an extent--maybe not so much as I did).

Oh, and I see you are in Alabama... Buck fama biggrin.gif.

-Tigers Fan.

 

Right now I'm trying to get dress shirts from luxire (nailing my sizing down, would love advice on fit, I posted a picture in that thread), ties from KW and Sam Hober (knits from Knottery), pants from J Crew and Howard Yount, Shoes from AE and Loake. So, while not extremely high quality, at least respectable quality!

 

Also, my username is relevant, so war eagle!!  :teach:

post #29177 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by novaeagle View Post

Right now I'm trying to get dress shirts from luxire (nailing my sizing down, would love advice on fit, I posted a picture in that thread), ties from KW and Sam Hober (knits from Knottery), pants from J Crew and Howard Yount, Shoes from AE and Loake. So, while not extremely high quality, at least respectable quality!

Also, my username is relevant, so war eagle!!  teacha.gif

Ha, I am fine with Auburn, I will let it slide :rockon: (especially considering how y'all got manhandled in the 2nd Half last weekend--I was not pleased!)

And it sounds like you are on the right track, for sure. I started with a couple pairs of AEs, then moved on to C&J, Carmina, then EG, G&G, Vass, etc. Also, a little bit more expensive, but you should check out some of the goods at NMWA. I am in no way affiliated with them, but they definitely are a great store, and they have some really good deals right now.
post #29178 of 33197
Quote:
 Also, a little bit more expensive, but you should check out some of the goods at NMWA

Saw this: http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/clothing/sport-coats/rust-color-wool-cotton-cashmere-basketweave-sport-coat.html hrrnnngggg... do want. Thanks for the tip, I wasn't familiar with them, but at first glance their wares seem good for the quality!

 

Also, while I have ya here, mind giving me your opinion on my luxire shirt? Ordered one as a "trial." Have enough time to order another "trial" and a bulk order before I start work! Ignore the awkward stance though haha, here's the luxire fit pic.

 

Quote:

 

My two cents:

 

- Increase the shoulder slope (note  the pull lines).

- subtract either .25 or .5 from the yoke

- add .25 to the sleeve length (plus whatever subtracted from the yoke)

- add .25 to the chest and .75 to the body

- add 1 or 1.5 to the length

- subtract .5 from the cuff (with watch allowance)

- add .25 to the collar (little tight).

 

 

 

post #29179 of 33197
Dude, with the allowances that you have provided--I think that looks just about right. Maybe let it out in the body a smidge less? And I do not know what the deal is with Luxire and shrinking--should you factor that into the equation?

Honestly though, the fit looks solid as-is in my opinion. And with the changes you make, it should fit even better. The fit of a shirt does not really matter after you reach a certain point. And by the looks of it, you have just about reached that point. I am not too crazy about shirt fits, since you usually wear some sort of outerwear over it.

The only thing I will note (and this goes without saying, I guess), is just be sure you look proportionate. Nothing looks less cohesive than a very well-fitted shirt, and baggyish pants. It looks like the chinos are working for you though.

Also, some good reading if this hobby is something you really want to pursue:

https://web.archive.org/web/20120217213454/http://www.styleforum.net/t/287922/practical-thoughts-on-coherent-combinations-for-beginners

And NMWA is awesome, well recommended from me. This place is a great resource. I typically hang out in the NMWA thread, and the Watch thread.
post #29180 of 33197

The chinos are actually unis gios. Outstanding quality and fit, but I did have to size up in the waist (very slim in the thigh, and I spend a decent amount of time in the squat rack). I honestly wear them 5/7 days right now in college, and they'll probably be my go-to on weekends post-grad.

 

Hopefully the new HY cut, once appropriately sized up in the waist, will work for me. J Crew's bowery cut looks pretty good on me, generally speaking, as well.

 

Also, thanks for the NMWA recommendation. I'll definitely have to check them out once I gain some more disposable income in the new year!

 

Thank you so much for your help, it means a ton!

post #29181 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by novaeagle View Post

The chinos are actually unis gios. Outstanding quality and fit, but I did have to size up in the waist (very slim in the thigh, and I spend a decent amount of time in the squat rack). I honestly wear them 5/7 days right now in college, and they'll probably be my go-to on weekends post-grad.

Hopefully the new HY cut, once appropriately sized up in the waist, will work for me. J Crew's bowery cut looks pretty good on me, generally speaking, as well.

Also, thanks for the NMWA recommendation. I'll definitely have to check them out once I gain some more disposable income in the new year!

Thank you so much for your help, it means a ton!

No problem man. I completely understand. One more recommendation--before you spend too much money, hang around, and lurk. Your tastes will change VERY fast. Do you graduate this fall? Or in the spring?
post #29182 of 33197
Quote:
  Do you graduate this fall? Or in the spring?

 

This fall - two weeks from now, actually.

 

Quote:
 One more recommendation--before you spend too much money, hang around, and lurk. Your tastes will change VERY fast

 

This is very true. However, I feel like most of what I'm buying now is core basics - dress shirts in standard patterns and the like. So hopefully they won't change THAT much!

post #29183 of 33197
Newcomer did you get a chance to look at your RL sweater?
post #29184 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosrep123 View Post

Newcomer did you get a chance to look at your RL sweater?

Completely slipped my mind, let me check at lunch
post #29185 of 33197
It is made in the Italy of the East, aka China.
post #29186 of 33197

Hi All,

 

Where can I find RTW dress shirts online with high(er) collars, similar to Angel Bespoke or other Italian inspired brands?

 

Thanks

post #29187 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post

It is made in the Italy of the East, aka China.

Haven't heard this one but I like it! Lol
post #29188 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsgrind View Post

Haven't heard this one but I like it! Lol

Haha it just came to me. Probably would be less tongue in cheek if I was speaking of Japan!
post #29189 of 33197
Would this be appropriate for a job interview?

http://m.ebay.com/itm/111473801461?nav=WATCHING_ACTIVE
post #29190 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcomer View Post

Haha it just came to me. Probably would be less tongue in cheek if I was speaking of Japan!

So then the quality probably isn't that great?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)