where do you work?
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 6:26 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1935post #29011 of 3319711/12/14 at 12:48pmpost #29012 of 3319711/12/14 at 1:35pmpost #29013 of 3319711/12/14 at 1:43pmpost #29014 of 3319711/12/14 at 1:44pmpost #29015 of 3319711/12/14 at 2:33pmQuote:
I know you wanted B&M, but don't know of any personally. What about Amazon?
This also came up in my Google search: http://jackfoxley.com/collections/allpost #29016 of 3319711/12/14 at 4:29pmLooks like I should have posted here instead of starting a new thread. My bad. Here goes:
I need a first winter jacket. I like this wool blend field coat a lot: http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/michael-michael-kors-big-and-tall-wool-blend-multi-pocket-field-coat?ID=1668309&CategoryID=45807#fn=sp%3D1%26spc%3D108
However, my preferred color CHARCOAL (above) is out of stock in my size. The rest of my choices are Black, Navy, Coffee, and... Loden (?). What color should I go with, keeping the following in mind:
- It will be my only coat for another couple of weeks, and then it will be my casual coat.
- I will probably follow up with a more formal navy (charcoal?) pea coat for week days. Work is business casual but gets occasionally formal and suity. I plan to wear a blazer to work much of this winter and the pea coat with it.
- These will be my only two coats for the winter.
Edited by biggerandtaller - 11/12/14 at 4:53pmpost #29017 of 3319711/12/14 at 4:35pmpost #29018 of 3319711/12/14 at 4:56pmpost #29019 of 3319711/12/14 at 5:51pmpost #29020 of 3319711/12/14 at 5:52pmQuote:
Since they're out of charcoal in your size, get it in loden heather. There, I won't even bother giving you any reason for my choice. I'm just telling you flat out to buy it in loden heather. Period.
Then follow up with the pea coat, in navy, because navy is the only proper color for a pea coat. And again, I refuse to offer any of my reasoning. I'm simply declaring that you must buy the pea coat in navy, or you're wrong.
Damn, that felt good. Usually I provide reasons for my suggestions, but every now and then it's liberating to just tell someone what to do, with no explanation attached.post #29021 of 3319711/13/14 at 1:08pm
I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a navy blue slim fit blazer that I could get online in the UK, or even delivered from Europe in the suit supply 250-350 quid price range, pretty please.
An extra slim fit would be great. I need this for work, so would need to be a bit formal, and methinks the Havana Navy Blue suit supply one might be too casual. Even if it is light. Then again, navy blue havana might work well as a formal at work too.
Would be v grateful for any help?post #29022 of 3319711/13/14 at 1:11pmpost #29023 of 3319711/13/14 at 1:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by bradp
posting on the suit supply thread would yield greater feedback on this question @mrmister
Thanks BradP, Actually have a suit supply recommendation I'd go with - their navy blue Havana.
I was wondering if there were any other non suit supply recco's as I felt their Havana was too casual, and I don't like their other navy blues.
Cheers :)post #29024 of 3319711/13/14 at 6:03pmpost #29025 of 3319711/13/14 at 6:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by jexbrah
Thinking of buying a couple grenadine ties. They would need to match a navy suit (indochino shark skin) and a medium grey suit. What 2 colours would you guys suggest? I'm mainly thinking of purchasing off chipp2. Are there any other grenadine ties I should consider other than chipp's?
thats probably your best bet in that price range. definitely get a navy. then maybe a dark green or burgundy.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 2 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 2 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...