or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1928

post #28906 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefastlife View Post

thoughts on LL Bean quality for basic F/W wardrobe (sweaters, sweatshirts, henleys, etc.)?

price is right, seem decently made...


Quality is good for the price as far as I've read. Mainline stuff is cut large so you may want to size down, although they have introduced a line of slim fit shirts. 

 

Signature Line is cut slimmer than traditional and "fitted" fits.

 

Don't know about American Apparel quality.

post #28907 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFPJ View Post
 

Hey y'all, my first post here ...I was politely hushed out of a suiting store today.

 

Within minutes, someone came up and explained that off the rack is not for me.

 

I'm 6'3", shoulders are ~50 and waist is 31 but with big glutes and very big thighs.

 

What are my bespoke options around the $300-500 and $800-1200 price points?


Made to Measure is your friend. Search around the site for Made to Measure suits.

post #28908 of 33197
What are peoples opinions on wearing a three piece suit but with only two items matching? Eg jacket and waistcoat matching but with different trousers? Or matching trousers and waistcoat but different jacket?
post #28909 of 33197

http://www.styleforum.net/t/268805/winter-coat-thread-fw11#post_4864372

 

Are the Stephan Schneider coats from back in 2011 still available? If not anyone know of anything in a similar style that fits slim?

post #28910 of 33197
I bought a new pair of derbies/blusher the thing me worries is the wide space between the eyelet.

Does this look bad?

post #28911 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungle View Post

What are peoples opinions on wearing a three piece suit but with only two items matching? Eg jacket and waistcoat matching but with different trousers? Or matching trousers and waistcoat but different jacket?

I'm not a fan of 3-piece suits so mixing it up takes a little of the stuffiness / bankerness out of it. I'm not keen on wearing the jacket and vest with different trousers, but swapping out the other 2 pieces can work. Obviously wearing matching jacket and trousers with a lightweight sweater in place of the vest is a classic look. Wearing the matching vest and trousers with something like a heavy shawl cardigan in place of the jacket can be next level brilliant (or it can fail hard; like everything else it's in the execution).
post #28912 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooksLauren77 View Post
 


Made to Measure is your friend. Search around the site for Made to Measure suits.

Tried, a few results but the internet isn't my thing. What are some of the better MTM shops ya'll would recommend?

post #28913 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFPJ View Post

Hey y'all, my first post here ...I was politely hushed out of a suiting store today.

Within minutes, someone came up and explained that off the rack is not for me.

I'm 6'3", shoulders are ~50 and waist is 31 but with big glutes and very big thighs.

What are my bespoke options around the $300-500 and $800-1200 price points?

welcome AFPJ

Whatever you do, dont send in your own measurements,. the price may be cheap but its not worth it.
The cuttter must depend on you for his instructions. Can you do that?

better to find a tailor here, that acts as an agent for a M2M shop. but even with that you may go
through 3 suits before you get a good fit.
post #28914 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by a tailor View Post
The cuttter must depend on you for his instructions. Can you do that?


Sure can but this sounds more Bespoke than MTM doesn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by a tailor View Post
find a tailor here, that acts as an agent for a M2M shop.

 

I will do this, where / how can I look for such a thing? Start calling big names like Black Lapel and ask if they have local affiliates?

post #28915 of 33197
Thanks mate. Reason I ask is that I have a mid-grey three piece suit and I'm picking up a navy jacket and charcoal trousers today. Thought I might be able to change it up a bit.
post #28916 of 33197

Hi everyone ! I was wondering if you could help me with this. I would like to buy the Black Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot and I usually wear size 11 but I've been seeing that those shoes are larger than you expect and I really don't want to mess up my order since I can't try them beforehand. 

 

So what size d oyou think I should take ? Also, can someone please tell me the difference in width between the 3E and the D ?

 

And which one of them are those ones in the picture since they are the ones I want to cop :

 

post #28917 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by clydu91 View Post

Hi everyone ! I was wondering if you could help me with this. I would like to buy the Black Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot and I usually wear size 11 but I've been seeing that those shoes are larger than you expect and I really don't want to mess up my order since I can't try them beforehand. 

So what size d oyou think I should take ? Also, can someone please tell me the difference in width between the 3E and the D ?

And which one of them are those ones in the picture since they are the ones I want to cop :



It's hard to predict. I wear my normal size in the 1000 Mile boot.
post #28918 of 33197

Which is more formal fabric in order? birdseye, twill, houndstooth, sharkskin/pick and pick, worsted, nailhead and herringbone?

post #28919 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post

It's hard to predict. I wear my normal size in the 1000 Mile boot.
but don't you have a lot of toe room ?
post #28920 of 33197
I have some questions regarding suit sizing. The smallest suit sizing usually is a 36s but I'm like a 34s, does anyone know of any brands that sell suits size 34? Should I buy a 36s and get it tailored or should I avoid this?

Edit: Also any recommendations for custom tailored suits in LA/OC county?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)