If it helps at all, they look like derby shoes... I have no idea what brand.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 4:15 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1914post #28696 of 331529/20/14 at 6:22ampost #28697 of 331529/20/14 at 6:27amQuote:Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson
This is saying that you're choosing all the outfits for the groomsmen.
They read what you wrote but it seems as if you didn't. If you had said in your first post, that you were being told what to wear, the answers you got might have been different.
For a start, you can't wear a pocket square without a jacket so drop that off the list.
You have to wear that shirt, grey trousers and something yellow or orange. The shirt is very strong so you need to dial it back elsewhere. I'd say forget the suspenders and choose a solid light orange tie from http://www.thetiebar.com/ties?color=orange&sortBy=Newest&pgSize=96 - prices are reasonable.
Maybe something like this - http://www.thetiebar.com/product/25113
Linen makes it more casual as well. That's the best I can come up with, I'm afraid. Hope it helps.
+1 on this. I'm a big fan of knit ties, so here's another option: http://thetiebar.com/product/14591post #28698 of 331529/20/14 at 6:28ampost #28699 of 331529/20/14 at 6:31amQuote:
You may be right. The shoe shadow blends in with the pants shadow, so I can't tell, but there aren't any hard lines there.
I would suggest to the OP to spend some time poking through Allen Edmonds and a few other brands of shoes and find a pair he likes that look similar.post #28700 of 331529/20/14 at 6:32ampost #28701 of 331529/20/14 at 7:11amQuote:
Ebay is a good place too once you get a little more familiar with the brands, styles, etc. You can search this site for most any brand and use it as a reference guide of sorts (my go-to).post #28702 of 331529/20/14 at 7:28ampost #28703 of 331529/20/14 at 7:47ampost #28704 of 331529/20/14 at 9:20amQuote:
And that is what says the most about your awful personality. Feel free to not comment on the subject anymore. You're sort of an asshole.post #28705 of 331529/20/14 at 9:24ampost #28706 of 331529/20/14 at 10:20amQuote:While I truly don't disagree with you about the look in question, many men would be willing to wear an ugly outfit in order to support a close friend or relative at his wedding.
After all, over the years countless women have put up with wearing hideous bridesmaids' dresses.
But I agree that politely declining an invitation to be included in the wedding party is always an option. I don't know that I'd do so out of distaste for the clothing, but I nearly did so once because I truly thought the marriage was a disaster in the making (for reasons not worth discussing here). Fortunately, in that case, the wedding wound up being called off.post #28707 of 331529/20/14 at 11:52amQuote:
This is getting worse.
A pocket square WITHOUT a jacket? Where on earth do you put the pocket square?
And a bow tie?
All the humanity!!!post #28708 of 331529/20/14 at 11:55ampost #28709 of 331529/20/14 at 12:14pmpost #28710 of 331529/20/14 at 12:21pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 4 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 4 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 4 minutes ago
- › The Walking Dead (AMC) 5 minutes ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 5 minutes ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 7 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 8 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...