For sure. It wont be that type of crowd. I'm not so much worried about being judged, but rather feeling comfortable with how I look. I was actually debating between a solid vs. patterned shirt when I was browsing. I do like this check shirt, but I figured I would hit the forums for some quick opinions. Since the size isn't ideal, will have to pick up a new one either way.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 7:15 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1907post #28592 of 331409/5/14 at 10:49ampost #28593 of 331409/6/14 at 11:09amI'm looking ahead to fall and want to get a cashmere scarf. I'm looking at these two:
Neiman Marcus (50% off at $55): http://www.lastcall.com/Neiman-Marcus-Cashmere-Fringe-Scarf-Camel-Scarves-Hats-Gloves/prod20320011_cat5920034__/p.prod?icid=&searchType=EndecaDrivenCat&rte=%252Fcategory.jsp%253FitemId%253Dcat5920034%2526pageSize%253D30%2526No%253D0%2526refinements%253D&eItemId=prod20320011&cmCat=product
Johnstons of Elgin (56% off at $69.95): http://www.sierratradingpost.com/johnstons-of-elgin-cashmere-scarf-for-men-and-women~p~86213/?filterString=mens-scarves~d~397/&colorFamily=51&siteID=J84DHJLQkR4-aOAZlorZ6mrHNTBf5LxBUQ&utm_source=api.shopstyle.com&utm_medium=Affiliate_LinkShare&utm_campaign=Affiliate&codes-processed=true
Which would you go for?post #28594 of 331409/6/14 at 1:46pmQuote:
I personally think they're both too short to be useful. The ways I like to tie my scarf all seem to require a minimum of about 72" length to work.
If that's not an issue for you, I do like Johnstons of Elgin's cashmere scarves.post #28595 of 331409/6/14 at 2:24pmQuote:
How do you tie your scarves?post #28596 of 331409/6/14 at 6:28pmpost #28597 of 331409/6/14 at 8:37pmpost #28598 of 331409/7/14 at 2:48ampost #28599 of 331409/7/14 at 8:27am
Anyone use these cedar closet inserts from STP?
At 3 dollars each this isn't a purchase to hem and haw over, but I'd love to cut to the chase and pick up whichever is best.post #28600 of 331409/7/14 at 9:32am
Hey all, sorry for the cross posting; I didn't see this thread earlier..
This is for my medschool interview. I just bought my first suit - charcoal gray & white shirt. Is this tie OK to go with it? I'm an older candidate, but look like I'm in mid-30s. Advice much appreciated, Thank you!
I measured the width with a tape and it is 2&3/4" at the bottom.
Also this,post #28601 of 331409/7/14 at 2:07pm
I think it's fine, although I wouldn't go any "busier" with the tie. But because you're pairing it with a classic charcoal suit and white shirt (hope it's a moderate-spread collar and not a button down, to look dressier) I think you'll be fine.
Several other tips:
1. Enter the room with your jacket buttoned--just the top button if it's a two-button coat, or the middle button if it's a three-button version.
2. Unbutton the coat when you sit down, and re-button when you stand up to leave. Bottom line, anytime you're standing, button the jacket.
3. Jacket cuffs short enough to show around 1/2" of shirt sleeve.
4. Four-in-hand knot for the tie; a windsor/half windsor is too stuffy.
5. Plain black or charcoal over-the-calf socks so your flesh doesn't show when you sit.
6. Very plain cap toe lace-up shoes, or if you don't own a pair, the plainer the better. Rounded toe, no square toes. And make sure they're shined!
6. Arrive early to get settled and relaxed.
7. Knock 'em dead!post #28602 of 331409/7/14 at 4:40pm
Many thanks for the excellent tips! Will try practicing buttoning/unbuttoning so it doesn't become distracting. I was going with the windsor as that's what I know, so thanks for the suggestion. I bought these for $64 purely on instinct; so glad to have made the right choice.
Also very glad that I'm done w/ shopping!!!post #28603 of 331409/8/14 at 2:48pmpost #28604 of 331409/10/14 at 1:32ampost #28605 of 331409/10/14 at 4:13am
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 5 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 8 minutes ago
- › Church's Appreciation Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang MTM Navy Suit (VBC Wool) - Fits Slim 36 14 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 16 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 16 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 22 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 34 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 35 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 37 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...