Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 6:46 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1899post #28472 of 333318/17/14 at 7:29ampost #28473 of 333318/17/14 at 8:51ampost #28474 of 333318/17/14 at 1:21pmpost #28475 of 333318/17/14 at 1:35pm
I'm looking for a suede tassel loafer in the sub $400 range. I've been looking at Meermin, Carmina, Sanders, and Loake to this point. Which one of these brands would in general be a better fit for someone with a slightly wide forefoot but normal/narrow heel? I've read the Carmina uetem last and the Loake loafer last described as narrow, so those are probably out. I've read the Meermin is wide at the heel. Haven't heard anything about the Sanders, though I have another shoe by sanders that is a nice fit, wider than my other shoes in the forefoot. Anyone with experience with the Sanders Finchley?
Any other recommendations? Would rather not go up to Alden price territory, but if they would fit my foot better that would be ok?post #28476 of 333318/17/14 at 2:30pmHi everyone,
I'm applying to medical school and was recently offered a couple of interviews. To prepare, I went shopping a few days ago and bought two suits, one navy and one charcoal. I also bought two pairs of shoes (one brown and one black), two shirts (one light blue and one white), a brown belt and a blue-and-silver striped tie.
From what I've read on here, it seems that I should wear black shoes with the charcoal suit and can wear either black or brown shoes with the navy one (though I'll probably go with brown more often - I think it looks really sharp).
I was wondering about the shirts, though, and what combinations would look best. I would imagine I can wear the white with either suit. Considering the blue-and-silver striped tie I'm planning on wearing, would the light blue also work equally well with either suit. Is there an ideal combination for each suit that would look best?
Thanks in advance for all your help!post #28477 of 333318/17/14 at 3:27pmQuote:You really need to try on the specific makes and models of the shoes you're considering, to determine which would be the best fit for you. I get how this may not be the answer you wanted, but it really is the only good answer to your question.
Even if one company's lasts, in general, tend to be a little wide in some ways, or a little narrow in others, shoe fit is just such an individual thing that relying on generalities of manufacturer style as even a rough guide to good fit is probably a mistake.post #28478 of 333318/17/14 at 3:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by 12345Michael54321
You really need to try on the specific makes and models of the shoes you're considering, to determine which would be the best fit for you. I get how this may not be the answer you wanted, but it really is the only good answer to your question.
Even if one company's lasts, in general, tend to be a little wide in some ways, or a little narrow in others, shoe fit is just such an individual thing that relying on generalities of manufacturer style as even a rough guide to good fit is probably a mistake.
Thanks for the input, I think you're right but before I pay a bunch for international shipping and returns I'd at least like to narrow it down to the shoe or shoes more likely to fit.post #28479 of 333318/17/14 at 8:12pmQuote:
You literally can't go wrong here. Both shirts will work fine with both suits.
The tie actually sounds suspect to me. Have a photo of it?post #28480 of 333318/17/14 at 8:53pmpost #28481 of 333318/17/14 at 9:58pmpost #28482 of 333318/17/14 at 10:29pmQuote:
I think a grenadine grossa (large weave) is slightly more versitile because the greater texture lends itself to a wider range of sport coat pairings. Both are great with suits.
In fact, I think a solid navy grossa is about the most versitile tie I own.post #28483 of 333318/18/14 at 7:12ampost #28484 of 333318/18/14 at 7:18ampost #28485 of 333318/18/14 at 7:27am
I consider the tie as a way of communicating something about yourself to someone else. Are you bold? Are you traditional? Reserved? What do you want to put across? In an interview, I would go for something a little bolder or brighter, personally. This tie tells me that you want to be a middle manager in a midwest paper company or an accountant. (both are fine, but I'm not sure if that's what you want to put across)
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 9 seconds ago
- › NFL 2016-17 Thread 36 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 3 minutes ago
- › Styleforum App? Styleforum would get a huge marketing boost and... 5 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 5 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...