Exactly. Dark brown now. Black later when you can.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 11:38 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1845post #27661 of 334515/11/14 at 1:01ampost #27662 of 334515/11/14 at 7:47ampost #27663 of 334515/11/14 at 7:51amQuote:
What kind of job is it? Black jacket could be okay if you're a club doorman or something along those lines.post #27664 of 334515/11/14 at 9:15ampost #27665 of 334515/11/14 at 12:21pmQuote:
Taking into account that you are eyeing black brogues I would rather advise you to buy dark brown brogues (or any other formal style in dark brown) now and more formal black oxfords (plain cap toe or plain toe) later. Those most formal shoes are really correct in any occasion (except with a tuxedo or morning coat) and could be a staple piece in your shoe wardrobe for years to come.post #27666 of 334515/11/14 at 7:04pmQuote:
I'm a student doing part time clerical work at a library - dress code is "dark jeans or khakis with a shirt and tie." Without a jacket, this is inappropriate to me, but I'd still like to look as decent as I possibly can, within the dress code limits - worsted trousers might be okay, but I'm doing a bit of kneeling/bending/lifting and I think some type of cotton trouser would prove more durable over time.
Specifically, would you prefer certain fabrics, colors, or patterns in order to add something positive to the outfit in the absence of a jacket, or do you just pretend you're wearing a jacket and follow the usual business casual rules?post #27667 of 334515/11/14 at 7:27pmpost #27668 of 334515/11/14 at 7:29pmpost #27669 of 334515/11/14 at 7:29pm
This suit is on sale at J Crew, it's a ludlow Glen Plaid wool/polyamide blend. I really love the suit but am curious if this is suitable for an office setting and if it's purely a winter style. My wife says winter but I can see it in the summer as well with a light blue shirt.
It's noted as black and khaki with a blue overcheck. Let me know your thoughts!post #27670 of 334515/11/14 at 8:31pmQuick questions:
1. This shirt more or less fits right, yeah? Like I should buy more of this brand/cut?
2. Whoah, what is going on here.
Ignoring the shirt, are these different patterns?? When I got the jacket (light brown zig-zagy) and pants (very fine blue checkerboard) I just assumed they were solids. But on closer inspection they're not. What is this??post #27671 of 334515/11/14 at 11:05pmpost #27672 of 334515/11/14 at 11:14pm
Would navy wingtips be superfluous in a wardrobe that already has navy suede strands?
I'm wondering if it would ever be advisable to wear the wingtips where it's unacceptable to wear the suede shoes.
Thanks in advance!
Strands: Mine don't have the horween soles. This image taken from a different forum member.post #27673 of 334515/12/14 at 12:17ampost #27674 of 334515/12/14 at 6:10amQuote:
I think the suede works pretty well with khakis and chinos and I've worn it with more casual scs.
Sounds like the wingtips are much more formal though. Now to decide if they're worth picking up before I own a pair of brown or burgundy wingtips! I have brown wingtip boots and black longwings but I think burgundy would fill a void. Maybe I'm typical sf fashion, I'll get both!post #27675 of 334515/12/14 at 6:16am
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Barbour Ashby Olive w/ hood and warm pile liner (SMALL) 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 8 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 12 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 17 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 22 minutes ago
- › Isaia Question for Tag and Model 23 minutes ago
- › VESTS / Stuff-carrying gear 31 minutes ago
- › Styleforum's "Just what Santa should have brought" Viberg GMTO... 43 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...