Which brands are the European/British equivalent of Ralph Lauren/Brooks Brothers?
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Yesterday at 5:31 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1839
Styleforum Top Pickspost #27572 of 321664/24/14 at 11:06amQuote:
There's an Italian retailer named Boggi that may be considered their version of Brooks Brothers.
For a Ralph Lauren equivalent? I guess Caruso? I think Caruso makes, or made, stuff for Ralph Lauren.post #27573 of 321664/24/14 at 11:58ampost #27574 of 321664/24/14 at 12:13pm
This is a tough question, tougher than you may think.
Brooks Brothers is a quintessential American brand. They invented the OCBD. So, depending on which country you're talking about (I'm not sure there would be one for all of Europe), you'd need to think of some brand that truly represents that country's sartorial heritage.
If you're just looking for a European brand that makes clothes that look similar to Brooks Brothers, I'm sure it's not hard to find some companies that make OCBDs, sweaters, suits, etc. i.e. more traditionally-skewed menswear.post #27575 of 321664/24/14 at 12:59pmpost #27576 of 321664/24/14 at 1:25pmQuote:
I know about Boggi. Can Boggi be compared to BB in terms of quality?
Doesn't Caruso just make suits and jackets? Yeah, Caruso makes some (or all of the) Purple Label suits.post #27577 of 321664/24/14 at 3:26pmpost #27578 of 321664/24/14 at 4:12pmpost #27579 of 321664/24/14 at 4:48pmQuote:
2,3, and 4 are all quite versatile. 1 is a little less so, but still a very nice looking tie IMO. If limited to one, I would choose either 2 or 3, but which one is best for you depends on what ties you have now and if one fills a gap in your tie wardrobe. I have a brooks tie very similar to 2 that gets a lot of wear, if you don't have much in purple, it can be a very nice color.post #27580 of 321664/24/14 at 5:06pmpost #27581 of 321664/24/14 at 5:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by cptjeff
2,3, and 4 are all quite versatile. 1 is a little less so, but still a very nice looking tie IMO. If limited to one, I would choose either 2 or 3, but which one is best for you depends on what ties you have now and if one fills a gap in your tie wardrobe. I have a brooks tie very similar to 2 that gets a lot of wear, if you don't have much in purple, it can be a very nice color.
Don't love any of them. I'd rank them 3,4,2,1 with the top 2 the only ones I'd wear. Purple is a difficult color, needs to be the right shade to not look cheap and that purple doesn't make the cut.post #27582 of 321664/24/14 at 11:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by cptjeff
2,3, and 4 are all quite versatile. 1 is a little less so, but still a very nice looking tie IMO. If limited to one, I would choose either 2 or 3, but which one is best for you depends on what ties you have now and if one fills a gap in your tie wardrobe. I have a brooks tie very similar to 2 that gets a lot of wear, if you don't have much in purple, it can be a very nice color.Quote:
Thanks for the input gents. I already have a purple tie and don't think I would get the use from a second one. I also already have something similar to 4, so perhaps 3 is the keeperpost #27583 of 321664/25/14 at 8:57ampost #27584 of 321664/25/14 at 9:04amQuote:Originally Posted by vafan13
Another wedding question...
Going with non-uniform navy suits if someone ends up in something like either of the below will that be OK or do I at least need to keep them all in more plain navy? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The general rule is that stripes are considered too business-like for a wedding. The first one, a glen check, would be great though.post #27585 of 321664/25/14 at 9:06amQuote:
Wonderful, thank you! If two people end up in the same suit (only so many lower priced navy suits out there) will that make it look odd or do I just need to separate them in the lineup?
Edited by vafan13 - 4/25/14 at 9:16am
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
- › Engineered Garments FW 15 20 seconds ago
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 34 seconds ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 54 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 1 minute ago
- › 125k Pull Ups in 2016 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 3 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 3 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Necktie Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...