Not de rigeur, just thematic, and I feel like being so.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 7:25 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1825post #27361 of 321804/9/14 at 6:45pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #27362 of 321804/9/14 at 6:47pmQuote:
Meh, I rarely if ever wear ties. I imagine he'd get much better answers from more experienced answers. I will rephrase however, that glencheck shirt I wouldn't wear with a tie at all.post #27363 of 321804/9/14 at 6:50pmpost #27364 of 321804/9/14 at 7:02pmpost #27365 of 321804/9/14 at 7:04pmI need some recommendations on leather shoe conditioners and polishes for 4 casual shoes/boots I want to repair.
These aren't fancy brogues but casual shoes that I believe have some life left.
Everyone seems to have they're preference. I've heard people love venetian shoe cream, lexol, Obenauf. I've used a black kiwi wax on the BB boots but they're beginning to crack on top because of so much wear this past winter.
1. J Crew Boots
2. Brooks Brothers Boots
3. LL Bean Signature Oxfords
4. Doc Martens 1461 3-eye low-top(not pictures because they're currently being fixed at my shoe repairmen).post #27366 of 321804/9/14 at 7:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by BrooksLauren77
Loake's Cannon shoe is part of their 1880 line, which is made in England and their highest quality line.
A lot people do compare it to Allen Edmonds, some say the 1880 line is the English counterpart.
The Cannon is on the capital last, which according to Pediwear is true to size.
I ended up ordering a 7.5 and I wear an 8E or 8.5D in AE PA's which run a hair long. Should work out!
They were 175 on gilt!post #27367 of 321804/9/14 at 7:07pmpost #27368 of 321804/9/14 at 7:10pmQuote:
I agree, when the setting demands getting it absolutely right. However, just going to church is an ok time to be a few strokes of the pace. Risking failure is also a much faster way to learn anything.post #27369 of 321804/9/14 at 7:26pmIt's also a way to end up looking like shit when you could've looked great. none of your options look like epic wins (not to be a dick, I can appreciate having limited options due to finances, etc). Wear what makes you happy of course. Since you've come here and asked though I thought I'd share my thoughts.post #27370 of 321804/9/14 at 7:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by gringodaddy
It's also a way to end up looking like shit when you could've looked great. none of your options look like epic wins (not to be a dick, I can appreciate having limited options due to finances, etc). Wear what makes you happy of course. Since you've come here and asked though I thought I'd share my thoughts.
And I appreciate them. I'm not arguing; just discussing. I think the best combination with that suit is a white shirt, and one of the burgundy/blue ties, and I would certainly go that direction for an interview, or a meeting, wedding, etc.post #27371 of 321804/9/14 at 7:32pmpost #27372 of 321804/9/14 at 10:55pmXPost:
First-hand opinions on the comparative slimness of CT Extra Slim Fit vs. BB ESF? I see measurement charts assembled on 3rd party sites that would list the CTs in this comparison as slimmer, but wondering if anyone could speak more directly to the question. Which brand's ESF in a 16/35 will be slimmer?
FWIW, I take 16/35 in BBESF just fine. Up to now had only tried CT Slim fit, which were good, but still a bit of volume in the trunk - however, the measurement charts put the CT ESF as almost 4 inches smaller in the waist than ESF and wondered if that was true or just e-measurements being e-measurements.post #27373 of 321804/9/14 at 11:18pm
If I don't want to tie the belt of my trench on the front which is the more appropriate way to wear it : to tie it on the back or to tuck it into the front pockets ? I would naturally tuck it into the front pockets but my trench has closed pockets so they need to be opened if I want to wear it that way.post #27374 of 321804/9/14 at 11:21pm
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
- › Things you just don't get 41 seconds ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 42 seconds ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 46 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 4 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 5 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...