Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on Today at 6:02 am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN Hall of Fame: pre-2010 Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:09am in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1825post #27361 of 296624/9/14 at 6:30pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #27362 of 296624/9/14 at 6:34pmpost #27363 of 296624/9/14 at 6:41pmpost #27364 of 296624/9/14 at 6:42pmQuote:
I'll assume you meant dark blue suit :P I'm really trying to make one of the pink shirts work, as it's palm Sunday, and I'm saving my only pink tie for Easter.post #27365 of 296624/9/14 at 6:44pmpost #27366 of 296624/9/14 at 6:45pmpost #27367 of 296624/9/14 at 6:47pmQuote:
Meh, I rarely if ever wear ties. I imagine he'd get much better answers from more experienced answers. I will rephrase however, that glencheck shirt I wouldn't wear with a tie at all.post #27368 of 296624/9/14 at 6:50pmpost #27369 of 296624/9/14 at 7:02pmpost #27370 of 296624/9/14 at 7:04pmI need some recommendations on leather shoe conditioners and polishes for 4 casual shoes/boots I want to repair.
These aren't fancy brogues but casual shoes that I believe have some life left.
Everyone seems to have they're preference. I've heard people love venetian shoe cream, lexol, Obenauf. I've used a black kiwi wax on the BB boots but they're beginning to crack on top because of so much wear this past winter.
1. J Crew Boots
2. Brooks Brothers Boots
3. LL Bean Signature Oxfords
4. Doc Martens 1461 3-eye low-top(not pictures because they're currently being fixed at my shoe repairmen).post #27371 of 296624/9/14 at 7:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by BrooksLauren77
Loake's Cannon shoe is part of their 1880 line, which is made in England and their highest quality line.
A lot people do compare it to Allen Edmonds, some say the 1880 line is the English counterpart.
The Cannon is on the capital last, which according to Pediwear is true to size.
I ended up ordering a 7.5 and I wear an 8E or 8.5D in AE PA's which run a hair long. Should work out!
They were 175 on gilt!post #27372 of 296624/9/14 at 7:07pmpost #27373 of 296624/9/14 at 7:10pmQuote:
I agree, when the setting demands getting it absolutely right. However, just going to church is an ok time to be a few strokes of the pace. Risking failure is also a much faster way to learn anything.post #27374 of 296624/9/14 at 7:26pmIt's also a way to end up looking like shit when you could've looked great. none of your options look like epic wins (not to be a dick, I can appreciate having limited options due to finances, etc). Wear what makes you happy of course. Since you've come here and asked though I thought I'd share my thoughts.post #27375 of 296624/9/14 at 7:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by gringodaddy
It's also a way to end up looking like shit when you could've looked great. none of your options look like epic wins (not to be a dick, I can appreciate having limited options due to finances, etc). Wear what makes you happy of course. Since you've come here and asked though I thought I'd share my thoughts.
And I appreciate them. I'm not arguing; just discussing. I think the best combination with that suit is a white shirt, and one of the burgundy/blue ties, and I would certainly go that direction for an interview, or a meeting, wedding, etc.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Things that are pissing you off. 9 seconds ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 38 seconds ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 41 seconds ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 58 seconds ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › Netflix instant movie suggestions 4 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › Sneakers for Boot People
- › The Pleasures and Perils of the Long Coat
- › Professor Fabulous Returns to the Closet
- › Why Styleforum Matters
- › The Pittilogues: Pitti Uomo 87, Day 0
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays