I'll assume you meant dark blue suit :P I'm really trying to make one of the pink shirts work, as it's palm Sunday, and I'm saving my only pink tie for Easter.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 12:38 pm in Classic Menswear
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 4:39 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on Yesterday at 5:41 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 3/15/15 at 11:12am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 6:47 am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1825post #27361 of 305564/9/14 at 6:42pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #27362 of 305564/9/14 at 6:44pmpost #27363 of 305564/9/14 at 6:45pmpost #27364 of 305564/9/14 at 6:47pmQuote:
Meh, I rarely if ever wear ties. I imagine he'd get much better answers from more experienced answers. I will rephrase however, that glencheck shirt I wouldn't wear with a tie at all.post #27365 of 305564/9/14 at 6:50pmpost #27366 of 305564/9/14 at 7:02pmpost #27367 of 305564/9/14 at 7:04pmI need some recommendations on leather shoe conditioners and polishes for 4 casual shoes/boots I want to repair.
These aren't fancy brogues but casual shoes that I believe have some life left.
Everyone seems to have they're preference. I've heard people love venetian shoe cream, lexol, Obenauf. I've used a black kiwi wax on the BB boots but they're beginning to crack on top because of so much wear this past winter.
1. J Crew Boots
2. Brooks Brothers Boots
3. LL Bean Signature Oxfords
4. Doc Martens 1461 3-eye low-top(not pictures because they're currently being fixed at my shoe repairmen).post #27368 of 305564/9/14 at 7:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by BrooksLauren77
Loake's Cannon shoe is part of their 1880 line, which is made in England and their highest quality line.
A lot people do compare it to Allen Edmonds, some say the 1880 line is the English counterpart.
The Cannon is on the capital last, which according to Pediwear is true to size.
I ended up ordering a 7.5 and I wear an 8E or 8.5D in AE PA's which run a hair long. Should work out!
They were 175 on gilt!post #27369 of 305564/9/14 at 7:07pmpost #27370 of 305564/9/14 at 7:10pmQuote:
I agree, when the setting demands getting it absolutely right. However, just going to church is an ok time to be a few strokes of the pace. Risking failure is also a much faster way to learn anything.post #27371 of 305564/9/14 at 7:26pmIt's also a way to end up looking like shit when you could've looked great. none of your options look like epic wins (not to be a dick, I can appreciate having limited options due to finances, etc). Wear what makes you happy of course. Since you've come here and asked though I thought I'd share my thoughts.post #27372 of 305564/9/14 at 7:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by gringodaddy
It's also a way to end up looking like shit when you could've looked great. none of your options look like epic wins (not to be a dick, I can appreciate having limited options due to finances, etc). Wear what makes you happy of course. Since you've come here and asked though I thought I'd share my thoughts.
And I appreciate them. I'm not arguing; just discussing. I think the best combination with that suit is a white shirt, and one of the burgundy/blue ties, and I would certainly go that direction for an interview, or a meeting, wedding, etc.post #27373 of 305564/9/14 at 7:32pmpost #27374 of 305564/9/14 at 10:55pmXPost:
First-hand opinions on the comparative slimness of CT Extra Slim Fit vs. BB ESF? I see measurement charts assembled on 3rd party sites that would list the CTs in this comparison as slimmer, but wondering if anyone could speak more directly to the question. Which brand's ESF in a 16/35 will be slimmer?
FWIW, I take 16/35 in BBESF just fine. Up to now had only tried CT Slim fit, which were good, but still a bit of volume in the trunk - however, the measurement charts put the CT ESF as almost 4 inches smaller in the waist than ESF and wondered if that was true or just e-measurements being e-measurements.post #27375 of 305564/9/14 at 11:18pm
If I don't want to tie the belt of my trench on the front which is the more appropriate way to wear it : to tie it on the back or to tuck it into the front pockets ? I would naturally tuck it into the front pockets but my trench has closed pockets so they need to be opened if I want to wear it that way.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › 125k pull-ups in 2015 25 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 6 minutes ago
- › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 7 minutes ago
- › Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros slim fit Japanese double rider MTO 10 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Silicon Valley (HBO) 11 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 11 minutes ago
- › BORRELLI NAPOLI HAND TAILORED GRAY NERANO SUIT 36 SHORT 36S 46... 14 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...