Not de rigeur, just thematic, and I feel like being so.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 4:43 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1825post #27361 of 334624/9/14 at 6:45pmpost #27362 of 334624/9/14 at 6:47pmQuote:
Meh, I rarely if ever wear ties. I imagine he'd get much better answers from more experienced answers. I will rephrase however, that glencheck shirt I wouldn't wear with a tie at all.post #27363 of 334624/9/14 at 6:50pmpost #27364 of 334624/9/14 at 7:02pmpost #27365 of 334624/9/14 at 7:04pmI need some recommendations on leather shoe conditioners and polishes for 4 casual shoes/boots I want to repair.
These aren't fancy brogues but casual shoes that I believe have some life left.
Everyone seems to have they're preference. I've heard people love venetian shoe cream, lexol, Obenauf. I've used a black kiwi wax on the BB boots but they're beginning to crack on top because of so much wear this past winter.
1. J Crew Boots
2. Brooks Brothers Boots
3. LL Bean Signature Oxfords
4. Doc Martens 1461 3-eye low-top(not pictures because they're currently being fixed at my shoe repairmen).post #27366 of 334624/9/14 at 7:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by BrooksLauren77
Loake's Cannon shoe is part of their 1880 line, which is made in England and their highest quality line.
A lot people do compare it to Allen Edmonds, some say the 1880 line is the English counterpart.
The Cannon is on the capital last, which according to Pediwear is true to size.
I ended up ordering a 7.5 and I wear an 8E or 8.5D in AE PA's which run a hair long. Should work out!
They were 175 on gilt!post #27367 of 334624/9/14 at 7:07pmpost #27368 of 334624/9/14 at 7:10pmQuote:
I agree, when the setting demands getting it absolutely right. However, just going to church is an ok time to be a few strokes of the pace. Risking failure is also a much faster way to learn anything.post #27369 of 334624/9/14 at 7:26pmIt's also a way to end up looking like shit when you could've looked great. none of your options look like epic wins (not to be a dick, I can appreciate having limited options due to finances, etc). Wear what makes you happy of course. Since you've come here and asked though I thought I'd share my thoughts.post #27370 of 334624/9/14 at 7:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by gringodaddy
It's also a way to end up looking like shit when you could've looked great. none of your options look like epic wins (not to be a dick, I can appreciate having limited options due to finances, etc). Wear what makes you happy of course. Since you've come here and asked though I thought I'd share my thoughts.
And I appreciate them. I'm not arguing; just discussing. I think the best combination with that suit is a white shirt, and one of the burgundy/blue ties, and I would certainly go that direction for an interview, or a meeting, wedding, etc.post #27371 of 334624/9/14 at 7:32pmpost #27372 of 334624/9/14 at 10:55pmXPost:
First-hand opinions on the comparative slimness of CT Extra Slim Fit vs. BB ESF? I see measurement charts assembled on 3rd party sites that would list the CTs in this comparison as slimmer, but wondering if anyone could speak more directly to the question. Which brand's ESF in a 16/35 will be slimmer?
FWIW, I take 16/35 in BBESF just fine. Up to now had only tried CT Slim fit, which were good, but still a bit of volume in the trunk - however, the measurement charts put the CT ESF as almost 4 inches smaller in the waist than ESF and wondered if that was true or just e-measurements being e-measurements.post #27373 of 334624/9/14 at 11:18pm
If I don't want to tie the belt of my trench on the front which is the more appropriate way to wear it : to tie it on the back or to tuck it into the front pockets ? I would naturally tuck it into the front pockets but my trench has closed pockets so they need to be opened if I want to wear it that way.post #27374 of 334624/9/14 at 11:21pmpost #27375 of 334624/10/14 at 12:52am
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 34 seconds ago
- › Pierpont Leather - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 3 minutes ago
- › Site Topics - Part II 4 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 5 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 6 minutes ago
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 6 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 7 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...