That's why you educate her on men's clothing before the wedding. It takes a while, though.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Yesterday at 5:25 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1824post #27346 of 321904/9/14 at 1:54pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #27347 of 321904/9/14 at 2:00pmpost #27348 of 321904/9/14 at 2:07pmQuote:
Thanks. It's actually not THAT bad, compared to some I've seen. Black notch lapel 2 button tux, ivory point collar shirt with unpleated bib, chocolate brown satin vests and matching long ties. I'm doing the same but with an ivory vest and tie. Sure, not classic black tie, which I would have preferred, but not too in-your-face. If she wanted orange or teal or something, I'd be throwing down.Quote:
Oh I tried, pretty much constantly ever since we got engaged in July. She is one of those that's envisioned her wedding since she was 5, so I'm not going to mess with that. None of our friends or family care about classic menswear, so no one is going to be up in arms. If anything we'd get strange looks if we did classic black tie. I'm just going to enjoy the day and not care what I'm wearing.post #27349 of 321904/9/14 at 3:27pmpost #27350 of 321904/9/14 at 3:29pmpost #27351 of 321904/9/14 at 3:43pmpost #27352 of 321904/9/14 at 3:54pmpost #27353 of 321904/9/14 at 6:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by ridethecliche
Where do the Loake Cannon monkstraps sit in their lineup? I think they're part of the 1880, which is like mid level goodyear welted, right? Similar to AE?
Additionally, how is their sizing? Their website charts list a 7.5 UK as an 8US. Is that accurate or is it really an 8.5US? Thanks!
Loake's Cannon shoe is part of their 1880 line, which is made in England and their highest quality line.
A lot people do compare it to Allen Edmonds, some say the 1880 line is the English counterpart.
The Cannon is on the capital last, which according to Pediwear is true to size.Quote:
While that purple tie is gorgeous, I'm not a fan of purple ties with pink, unless the purple is on the redder side of the spectrum.
I'd wear the red polka dot tie with a pink shirt. That shirt you've shown appears white on my monitor though?post #27354 of 321904/9/14 at 6:23pmpost #27355 of 321904/9/14 at 6:29pmpost #27356 of 321904/9/14 at 6:30pmpost #27357 of 321904/9/14 at 6:34pmpost #27358 of 321904/9/14 at 6:41pmpost #27359 of 321904/9/14 at 6:42pmQuote:
I'll assume you meant dark blue suit :P I'm really trying to make one of the pink shirts work, as it's palm Sunday, and I'm saving my only pink tie for Easter.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 2 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 3 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 4 minutes ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 6 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 6 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 6 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?