Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 6:26 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1818post #27257 of 331974/4/14 at 6:37pmpost #27258 of 331974/4/14 at 9:20pm
Can someone point me to pictures of well-fitting dress shirts on "real" people, that is, not models that are 6'3" 150 lbs and don't actually have to walk around and sit down and so on?
I have been searching the forum and find many discussions about OTR, MTM, and bespoke shirt brands that fit but have not seen many pictures of these well-fitting shirts. Thanks!post #27259 of 331974/5/14 at 6:38am
Okay. OCBD + FC has been discussed before, and while a strange hybrid has had a few supporters (JayJay and Matt, as I recall).
I'm thinking of doing this with an oxford cloth (blue uni stripe) with hidden button down collar. The idea struck me and I can't seem to shake it out of my head. I'd only wear them with textured sport coats, no tie, white linen squares, and white silk knots.
Any opinions?post #27260 of 331974/5/14 at 8:55ampost #27261 of 331974/5/14 at 9:30amQuote:Originally Posted by omgitiszmd
Can I have some opinions on this thread?
Also, what shoes would look good with a polo and chinos (for a school uniform)?
What are the rules about the shoes with the uniform? Do they have to be black, do they have to lace, do they have to be highly polished, etc.post #27262 of 331974/5/14 at 10:42amQuote:
Basically, you can wear whatever shoes you want. I just want to get some ones that look nice, but not too dressy.post #27263 of 331974/5/14 at 10:52ampost #27264 of 331974/5/14 at 11:35amQuote:I think they are nice shoes, but they are definitely suit shoes to me. They are very sleek and have very little brogueing.Originally Posted by sean anon
What do you think of these Meermin shoes?
Do you think the brouging would allow these to be worn with more casual wool pants and chinos?post #27265 of 331974/5/14 at 2:04pmThoughts on this for a tropical wedding? I am the best man, and I'm too wear a mid, or light, grey suit. The wedding is in December in St. Lucia, and the groom is wearing a two piece dark blue/grey chambray suit. My chief reservation is the patch pockets. Fits great in the shoulders. Length is good. Christian Dior, 3-piece but best is stained (not wearing a vest for the wedding) half canvassed, $20. Thoughts?
[/quote]post #27266 of 331974/5/14 at 2:22pmpost #27267 of 331974/5/14 at 2:29pmpost #27268 of 331974/5/14 at 4:06pmpost #27269 of 331974/5/14 at 4:10pmQuote:
It is too big in the body - needs to be taken in quite a bit, but the shoulders and arm holes are quite good. So, the poor fit is not helping. I quite like it, but I'm not sure if I'll get it altered, or if it will go to eBay. I'll pin it and see if it can look good, or if it's too much to bother with.post #27270 of 331974/5/14 at 5:05pm
Ok so I'm really starting to 'enjoy' wearing ties now. I've built a small rotation for work but i'm hoping to start wearing them casually sometimes as well. my dressiest casual outfit atm is basically a mid blue linen/silk SC, lightblue BD and caramel/tobacco chinos. what kind of tie might go well with this? or are chinos dressing down a bit to much for any tie/ps shenanigans?
I just picked up a brown check wool/linen and a burgundy cream striped grenadine from Vanda I'd like to get some wear out of. would either of these work casually?
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... just now
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 19 seconds ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 30 seconds ago
- › Things you just don't get 53 seconds ago
- › Epaulet NY Italian Gloves - Brown Calfskin - Size 8 - New 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 1 minute ago
- › Obama's Unravelling 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...