or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1797

post #26941 of 33196
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTheGroom View Post

Resolved, then, if they are still there Tuesday, they shall be mine. Shoes are a rare thrift find in my neck of the woods, let alone for my tiny feet.

Tuesday? They'll almost certainly be gone. Nice stuff moves fast at thrift stores these days. Worth checking, but don't get your hopes up.
post #26942 of 33196

Need to decide on which satchel or briefcase to choose, and having a hard time deciding between these two:

 

 

 

 

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

 

 

Both are similar sized, and the one below is bridle leather.

 

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

 

 

Edit:

 

I don't like the first one, it is too shiny for me. The second one, I am not too sure about either now.


Edited by RPM1 - 3/17/14 at 9:34am
post #26943 of 33196

In retrospect, I should have posted here.

 

Anyone have a suggestion on the best quality slacks under 100 bucks that I can order online?

 

Ideally, they'd be 100% wool,but I'm open to suggestions.

post #26944 of 33196
Quote:
Originally Posted by KentWangFanBrah View Post

In retrospect, I should have posted here.

Anyone have a suggestion on the best quality slacks under 100 bucks that I can order online?

Ideally, they'd be 100% wool,but I'm open to suggestions.

Luxire
post #26945 of 33196
Maybe I should rephrase my prior question.. Is there an MTM suitmaker that can replicate an existing suit (I'd use an RLBL 38S) relatively accurately? I can spend up to $1k per suit.
post #26946 of 33196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheuk View Post

Newcomer as I am, I mistakenly posted this in Streetwear forum earlier.

So have a new bus. casual job (in Dallas).

Need to buy a handful of shirts. Please help me figure out the right size RTW shirt to buy. Also advise on how to instruct tailor.

The shirt below is a Brooks Bros OCBD Extra-Slim fit 16" neck, 34" sleeve. For work I will iron and get other less casual fabrics, but I am especially asking about the size. What do you think about the fit? How should I improve it? 

Also I'm happy to get color recs (in addition to blue) as I've been told yellow is not good for my skin tone.

Thanks.










Fit already was addressed. Color was not. Indeed, that yellow is unflattering. Subdued pink should look much better. Light green probably would look okay.
post #26947 of 33196

I am looking to get similar jeans to this, however I dont want to pay $155.  Any other site/company sells jean similar to this col

https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/denim/484/PRDOVR~41229/41229.jspy o

post #26948 of 33196
Try Levis- 514 or 511. My white jeans are Wrangler cowboy cut slim, but that's a much heavier and stiffer denim than most, and unless you specifically want that, I'd recommend going with the Levis.

Or you could just google for a few options- white jeans aren't all that rare these days- even JC penny seems to be making a pair of slim white jeans.
post #26949 of 33196
Are Sid Mashburn blazers/sportscoats good buys at full price?

I need a new sportcoat for wear from April through September... I want to buy in the next three weeks or so, so sales will be unlikely

I like this sportscoat

http://www.sidmashburn.com/shop/tailored-clothing/white-french-blue-sid-mashburn-sport-jacket.html

For three main purposes

1) Casual with raw denim and OCBD / dress shirt
2) Casual friday with navy or khaki chinos and OCBD / dress shirt
3) More "semi-formal" looks with navy wool or linen pants, OCBD and maybe a tie (likely a navy in knit or something)

Is that jacket worth $1,150 in construction and materials?

Any other suggestions (I want some kind of warm weather pattern) for $1,000 or less?
post #26950 of 33196

How is the quality of Reda fabric?  Is it comparable to Zegna?  I'm looking at the possibility of getting a suit made and one of the fabrics I liked was a Reda 120s but I know very little about fabrics.

post #26951 of 33196
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjeff View Post

Try Levis- 514 or 511. My white jeans are Wrangler cowboy cut slim, but that's a much heavier and stiffer denim than most, and unless you specifically want that, I'd recommend going with the Levis.

Or you could just google for a few options- white jeans aren't all that rare these days- even JC penny seems to be making a pair of slim white jeans.


Off topic, I know, but how do you like the white Wranglers? My blue and black jeans are 936s, and I'd like some white jeans with more of a rise. How white are they? I like mine just a tiny bit tan, so they don't show dirt so quickly.

post #26952 of 33196

What do you guys think of linen suit with pagoda shoulders. I want both things, but I don't know if linen being inherently more casual, would clash with a somewhat more formal (I think?) pagoda shoulder.

post #26953 of 33196
Quote:
Originally Posted by YRR92 View Post


Off topic, I know, but how do you like the white Wranglers? My blue and black jeans are 936s, and I'd like some white jeans with more of a rise. How white are they? I like mine just a tiny bit tan, so they don't show dirt so quickly.

They're pure white, so if a bit of cream or tan is what you're looking for, they may not work. Since you have a few pairs, I guess I don't need to comment on the fit.
post #26954 of 33196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isolation View Post

What do you guys think of linen suit with pagoda shoulders. I want both things, but I don't know if linen being inherently more casual, would clash with a somewhat more formal (I think?) pagoda shoulder.

I'd say the "casual" aspect of the suit would rely mainly on cut and detail, particularly the pockets, rather than just the shoulders.
post #26955 of 33196
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjeff View Post


They're pure white, so if a bit of cream or tan is what you're looking for, they may not work. Since you have a few pairs, I guess I don't need to comment on the fit.


I don't want anything too tan, but I also don't want dress shirt/cocaine/optic white, either. It's a tough line to walk.

 

But yeah, perversely, I actually think if I could get dress trousers that fit like those Wranglers, I'd be set. The rise and the leg line are just about perfect.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)