Tuesday? They'll almost certainly be gone. Nice stuff moves fast at thrift stores these days. Worth checking, but don't get your hopes up.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Yesterday at 12:40 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1797post #26941 of 333163/16/14 at 9:38pmpost #26942 of 333163/17/14 at 6:02am
Need to decide on which satchel or briefcase to choose, and having a hard time deciding between these two:
Both are similar sized, and the one below is bridle leather.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I don't like the first one, it is too shiny for me. The second one, I am not too sure about either now.
Edited by RPM1 - 3/17/14 at 9:34ampost #26943 of 333163/17/14 at 6:14ampost #26944 of 333163/17/14 at 7:25ampost #26945 of 333163/17/14 at 2:54pmpost #26946 of 333163/17/14 at 2:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by Cheuk
Newcomer as I am, I mistakenly posted this in Streetwear forum earlier.
So have a new bus. casual job (in Dallas).
Need to buy a handful of shirts. Please help me figure out the right size RTW shirt to buy. Also advise on how to instruct tailor.
The shirt below is a Brooks Bros OCBD Extra-Slim fit 16" neck, 34" sleeve. For work I will iron and get other less casual fabrics, but I am especially asking about the size. What do you think about the fit? How should I improve it?
Also I'm happy to get color recs (in addition to blue) as I've been told yellow is not good for my skin tone.
Fit already was addressed. Color was not. Indeed, that yellow is unflattering. Subdued pink should look much better. Light green probably would look okay.post #26947 of 333163/17/14 at 5:39pmpost #26948 of 333163/17/14 at 6:00pmTry Levis- 514 or 511. My white jeans are Wrangler cowboy cut slim, but that's a much heavier and stiffer denim than most, and unless you specifically want that, I'd recommend going with the Levis.
Or you could just google for a few options- white jeans aren't all that rare these days- even JC penny seems to be making a pair of slim white jeans.post #26949 of 333163/17/14 at 6:08pmAre Sid Mashburn blazers/sportscoats good buys at full price?
I need a new sportcoat for wear from April through September... I want to buy in the next three weeks or so, so sales will be unlikely
I like this sportscoat
For three main purposes
1) Casual with raw denim and OCBD / dress shirt
2) Casual friday with navy or khaki chinos and OCBD / dress shirt
3) More "semi-formal" looks with navy wool or linen pants, OCBD and maybe a tie (likely a navy in knit or something)
Is that jacket worth $1,150 in construction and materials?
Any other suggestions (I want some kind of warm weather pattern) for $1,000 or less?post #26950 of 333163/17/14 at 8:46pmpost #26951 of 333163/17/14 at 8:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by cptjeff
Try Levis- 514 or 511. My white jeans are Wrangler cowboy cut slim, but that's a much heavier and stiffer denim than most, and unless you specifically want that, I'd recommend going with the Levis.
Or you could just google for a few options- white jeans aren't all that rare these days- even JC penny seems to be making a pair of slim white jeans.
Off topic, I know, but how do you like the white Wranglers? My blue and black jeans are 936s, and I'd like some white jeans with more of a rise. How white are they? I like mine just a tiny bit tan, so they don't show dirt so quickly.post #26952 of 333163/17/14 at 10:00pmpost #26953 of 333163/17/14 at 10:19pmQuote:
They're pure white, so if a bit of cream or tan is what you're looking for, they may not work. Since you have a few pairs, I guess I don't need to comment on the fit.post #26954 of 333163/17/14 at 10:24pmQuote:
I'd say the "casual" aspect of the suit would rely mainly on cut and detail, particularly the pockets, rather than just the shoulders.post #26955 of 333163/17/14 at 10:31pmQuote:
I don't want anything too tan, but I also don't want dress shirt/cocaine/optic white, either. It's a tough line to walk.
But yeah, perversely, I actually think if I could get dress trousers that fit like those Wranglers, I'd be set. The rise and the leg line are just about perfect.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › things that are making you happy 6 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 39 seconds ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 46 seconds ago
- › FS: Timberland Men's EK Brook Park Chukka Boot size 8.5 rust suede 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 5 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 5 minutes ago
- › The official John Elliott B&S&T thread 6 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 7 minutes ago
- › Views on Loro Piana? 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...