Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 8:19 pm in Classic Menswear
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 11:59 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 5/14/15 at 3:36am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 4:25 pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1794
Styleforum Top Pickspost #26897 of 307393/12/14 at 10:13ampost #26898 of 307393/12/14 at 10:51ampost #26899 of 307393/12/14 at 5:43pmQuote:
????????? bump.post #26900 of 307393/13/14 at 12:26ampost #26901 of 307393/13/14 at 4:51am
How would you rate the fit of this jacket on me? Are there any alterations I should ask my tailor to do to improve the fit? I'm thinking shorten the sleeves (obviously). Should I take in the waist as well? Right now the vents are almost pulling aside creating a V which I have understood looks awful, what are your thoughts about that? Also there seems to be slightly too much fabric at the armpit/chest.
Pics: (please never mind my jeans and untucked shirt, the length of the jacket is fine, I am just wearing my jeans very low. I kind of have a gorilla posture as you might notice....
I would really appreciate all the help I can get from you guys! thxpost #26902 of 307393/13/14 at 10:47ampost #26903 of 307393/13/14 at 1:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by Owen Meany
Hey Guys - I just picked up these shirts from STF:
Now I am looking to expand my horizons in to tie selection. What tie might you pair with these shirts?
The blue stripe is an easy one, but the orange strip not so much....either one, I am open to new ties ideas....
Thanks (should this have been started as a new thread?)
The blue question is too easy to answer Actually, it could be pedantic, going beyond not with patterns or black or a bright color.
Orange maybe with dark gray, but it always would be better without a tie.post #26904 of 307393/13/14 at 5:07pmpost #26905 of 307393/13/14 at 5:08pmpost #26906 of 307393/13/14 at 6:17pmpost #26907 of 307393/13/14 at 6:32pmpost #26908 of 307393/13/14 at 6:34pmQuote:
Maybe it's because I'm indian, but I don't think tea bags smell as much as they absorb moisture and smells.
Also, hanging it outdoors for a while should air it out, but it might fade a bit in the sun.post #26909 of 307393/13/14 at 10:11pm
Thanks for the replies, tie in freezer now. A much more satisfactory answer than I received via content farm Google responses. Also sorry if it was asked earlier in thread, was on mobile...
Another quick very unimportant curiosity:
My white linen pocket square is way too large for these TV fold instructions: http://www.samhober.com/howtofoldpocketsquares/flatpocketsquarefold.htm. Do pocket squares have any standardization in size?post #26910 of 307393/14/14 at 1:39amQuote:
Sorry to be blunt, but my suggestion is return the shirt. It's pretty horrible. If it must be worn, then under a crew neck sweater in the autumn only. But definitely not with a tie. But best would be to return it.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › Motorcycles 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 20 thumb minimum 9 minutes ago
- › Carmina Burgundy Museum Calf Adelaide pre-order 19 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 19 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 21 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 22 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF MAY... 23 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan