Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 12:21 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 2/22/15 at 7:08am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 1:30 pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:55 pm in Classic Menswear
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1794
Styleforum Top Pickspost #26897 of 301553/12/14 at 10:13ampost #26898 of 301553/12/14 at 10:51ampost #26899 of 301553/12/14 at 5:43pmQuote:
????????? bump.post #26900 of 301553/13/14 at 12:26ampost #26901 of 301553/13/14 at 4:51am
How would you rate the fit of this jacket on me? Are there any alterations I should ask my tailor to do to improve the fit? I'm thinking shorten the sleeves (obviously). Should I take in the waist as well? Right now the vents are almost pulling aside creating a V which I have understood looks awful, what are your thoughts about that? Also there seems to be slightly too much fabric at the armpit/chest.
Pics: (please never mind my jeans and untucked shirt, the length of the jacket is fine, I am just wearing my jeans very low. I kind of have a gorilla posture as you might notice....
I would really appreciate all the help I can get from you guys! thxpost #26902 of 301553/13/14 at 10:47ampost #26903 of 301553/13/14 at 1:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by Owen Meany
Hey Guys - I just picked up these shirts from STF:
Now I am looking to expand my horizons in to tie selection. What tie might you pair with these shirts?
The blue stripe is an easy one, but the orange strip not so much....either one, I am open to new ties ideas....
Thanks (should this have been started as a new thread?)
The blue question is too easy to answer Actually, it could be pedantic, going beyond not with patterns or black or a bright color.
Orange maybe with dark gray, but it always would be better without a tie.post #26904 of 301553/13/14 at 5:07pmpost #26905 of 301553/13/14 at 5:08pmpost #26906 of 301553/13/14 at 6:17pmpost #26907 of 301553/13/14 at 6:32pmpost #26908 of 301553/13/14 at 6:34pmQuote:
Maybe it's because I'm indian, but I don't think tea bags smell as much as they absorb moisture and smells.
Also, hanging it outdoors for a while should air it out, but it might fade a bit in the sun.post #26909 of 301553/13/14 at 10:11pm
Thanks for the replies, tie in freezer now. A much more satisfactory answer than I received via content farm Google responses. Also sorry if it was asked earlier in thread, was on mobile...
Another quick very unimportant curiosity:
My white linen pocket square is way too large for these TV fold instructions: http://www.samhober.com/howtofoldpocketsquares/flatpocketsquarefold.htm. Do pocket squares have any standardization in size?post #26910 of 301553/14/14 at 1:39amQuote:
Sorry to be blunt, but my suggestion is return the shirt. It's pretty horrible. If it must be worn, then under a crew neck sweater in the autumn only. But definitely not with a tie. But best would be to return it.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 42 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 46 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 1 minute ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 1 minute ago
- › RPMWEST - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 6 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...