Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 4:32 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on Today at 4:33 pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1794
Styleforum Top Pickspost #26897 of 310713/12/14 at 10:13ampost #26898 of 310713/12/14 at 10:51ampost #26899 of 310713/12/14 at 5:43pmQuote:
????????? bump.post #26900 of 310713/13/14 at 12:26ampost #26901 of 310713/13/14 at 4:51am
How would you rate the fit of this jacket on me? Are there any alterations I should ask my tailor to do to improve the fit? I'm thinking shorten the sleeves (obviously). Should I take in the waist as well? Right now the vents are almost pulling aside creating a V which I have understood looks awful, what are your thoughts about that? Also there seems to be slightly too much fabric at the armpit/chest.
Pics: (please never mind my jeans and untucked shirt, the length of the jacket is fine, I am just wearing my jeans very low. I kind of have a gorilla posture as you might notice....
I would really appreciate all the help I can get from you guys! thxpost #26902 of 310713/13/14 at 10:47ampost #26903 of 310713/13/14 at 1:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by Owen Meany
Hey Guys - I just picked up these shirts from STF:
Now I am looking to expand my horizons in to tie selection. What tie might you pair with these shirts?
The blue stripe is an easy one, but the orange strip not so much....either one, I am open to new ties ideas....
Thanks (should this have been started as a new thread?)
The blue question is too easy to answer Actually, it could be pedantic, going beyond not with patterns or black or a bright color.
Orange maybe with dark gray, but it always would be better without a tie.post #26904 of 310713/13/14 at 5:07pmpost #26905 of 310713/13/14 at 5:08pmpost #26906 of 310713/13/14 at 6:17pmpost #26907 of 310713/13/14 at 6:32pmpost #26908 of 310713/13/14 at 6:34pmQuote:
Maybe it's because I'm indian, but I don't think tea bags smell as much as they absorb moisture and smells.
Also, hanging it outdoors for a while should air it out, but it might fade a bit in the sun.post #26909 of 310713/13/14 at 10:11pm
Thanks for the replies, tie in freezer now. A much more satisfactory answer than I received via content farm Google responses. Also sorry if it was asked earlier in thread, was on mobile...
Another quick very unimportant curiosity:
My white linen pocket square is way too large for these TV fold instructions: http://www.samhober.com/howtofoldpocketsquares/flatpocketsquarefold.htm. Do pocket squares have any standardization in size?post #26910 of 310713/14/14 at 1:39amQuote:
Sorry to be blunt, but my suggestion is return the shirt. It's pretty horrible. If it must be worn, then under a crew neck sweater in the autumn only. But definitely not with a tie. But best would be to return it.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Mod to Suedehead 2 seconds ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 56 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 2 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 7 minutes ago
- › APC Petit Standard 9 minutes ago
- › APC Petit Standard 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 13 minutes ago
- › The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...