Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on 7/2/15 at 4:16am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on Yesterday at 8:07 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 5:04 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 4:59 pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1794
Styleforum Top Pickspost #26897 of 309543/12/14 at 10:13ampost #26898 of 309543/12/14 at 10:51ampost #26899 of 309543/12/14 at 5:43pmQuote:
????????? bump.post #26900 of 309543/13/14 at 12:26ampost #26901 of 309543/13/14 at 4:51am
How would you rate the fit of this jacket on me? Are there any alterations I should ask my tailor to do to improve the fit? I'm thinking shorten the sleeves (obviously). Should I take in the waist as well? Right now the vents are almost pulling aside creating a V which I have understood looks awful, what are your thoughts about that? Also there seems to be slightly too much fabric at the armpit/chest.
Pics: (please never mind my jeans and untucked shirt, the length of the jacket is fine, I am just wearing my jeans very low. I kind of have a gorilla posture as you might notice....
I would really appreciate all the help I can get from you guys! thxpost #26902 of 309543/13/14 at 10:47ampost #26903 of 309543/13/14 at 1:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by Owen Meany
Hey Guys - I just picked up these shirts from STF:
Now I am looking to expand my horizons in to tie selection. What tie might you pair with these shirts?
The blue stripe is an easy one, but the orange strip not so much....either one, I am open to new ties ideas....
Thanks (should this have been started as a new thread?)
The blue question is too easy to answer Actually, it could be pedantic, going beyond not with patterns or black or a bright color.
Orange maybe with dark gray, but it always would be better without a tie.post #26904 of 309543/13/14 at 5:07pmpost #26905 of 309543/13/14 at 5:08pmpost #26906 of 309543/13/14 at 6:17pmpost #26907 of 309543/13/14 at 6:32pmpost #26908 of 309543/13/14 at 6:34pmQuote:
Maybe it's because I'm indian, but I don't think tea bags smell as much as they absorb moisture and smells.
Also, hanging it outdoors for a while should air it out, but it might fade a bit in the sun.post #26909 of 309543/13/14 at 10:11pm
Thanks for the replies, tie in freezer now. A much more satisfactory answer than I received via content farm Google responses. Also sorry if it was asked earlier in thread, was on mobile...
Another quick very unimportant curiosity:
My white linen pocket square is way too large for these TV fold instructions: http://www.samhober.com/howtofoldpocketsquares/flatpocketsquarefold.htm. Do pocket squares have any standardization in size?post #26910 of 309543/14/14 at 1:39amQuote:
Sorry to be blunt, but my suggestion is return the shirt. It's pretty horrible. If it must be worn, then under a crew neck sweater in the autumn only. But definitely not with a tie. But best would be to return it.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › Offical Barbour Thread 1 minute ago
- › 2015 MLB Season Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Why are people willing to pay more for mainstream high fashion... 3 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 4 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Best shoes with jeans and dress shirt?? 5 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 6 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 7 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 7 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 8 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...