Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on 12/22/14 at 6:31pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN Hall of Fame: pre-2010 Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:09am in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1785post #26761 of 294273/1/14 at 12:41am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #26762 of 294273/1/14 at 1:43amQuote:
Beautiful ... and wonderful colors.post #26763 of 294273/1/14 at 4:37amQuote:
I'd start here for the Florence shops
http://www.styleforum.net/t/139183/florence-shop-list/0_50post #26764 of 294273/1/14 at 5:45amAnyone know the quality difference between these two Brooks Brothers "Desert Chukka Boots"
One is Peal & Co, made in England (by Loak)
The other is non-Peal, and says Made in Italy:
They look similar but I notice the navy suede is darker on one more than the other.
Has anyone experience with both of them? With the Italy one? Strange that they are the same price.post #26765 of 294273/1/14 at 6:42am
In general which of these are more frowned upon on SF? Tie without jacket, or suit without tie?
Also what do people think about getting an odd (light gray) tweed waistcoat made to use just as a generic piece, and wonder if it'd be alright to wear in non wintery months, either with a jacket or without. I think if it's light enough and somewhat subtle it should be fine? Or should I keep tweed only for winter/colder months?
Something like this:post #26766 of 294273/1/14 at 8:47amQuote:
If you are an older gentleman or really know what you like I don't think it is too bad but the trend is a higher lapel gorge now whether thin or wide. I wouldn't wear that myself at 38 as I am still trying to look stylish and wouldn't be confident enough to wear something a little off trendpost #26767 of 294273/1/14 at 9:47amQuote:Originally Posted by sean anon
If you are an older gentleman or really know what you like I don't think it is too bad but the trend is a higher lapel gorge now whether thin or wide. I wouldn't wear that myself at 38 as I am still trying to look stylish and wouldn't be confident enough to wear something a little off trend
Haha I'm under 20 so I guess that's a no go for me.post #26768 of 294273/1/14 at 10:02am
It's not trendy, and the presence of a fifth sleeve button is questionable, but that's a very standard cut and you'd likely be able to wear it for a really long time. When lapel gorges return to standard height in a few years' time you'll likely want to pass on/throw out all the jackets you own except for that one.post #26769 of 294273/1/14 at 10:24ampost #26770 of 294273/1/14 at 10:37ampost #26771 of 294273/1/14 at 10:43ampost #26772 of 294273/1/14 at 10:53am
No of course, that you couldn't wear a four in hand tied knot with a cutaway color.
Although when I think about it, his GC's comment is complete nonsense too. I've never seen any comment from GC where he doesn't like something. The collar and tie are fine.post #26773 of 294273/1/14 at 12:49pmpost #26774 of 294273/1/14 at 1:05pmQuote:
this. Gorges so high they literally sit ON TOP of one's shoulder just look asinine. They look that way now and will even more so in a couple years.
Edited by Kid Nickels - 3/1/14 at 1:17pmpost #26775 of 294273/1/14 at 1:30pmQuote:
Lapel gorges higher than this seems standard of Italian suits and traditional American ones no? To me the lapel in question looks typical of the early 1990s and is not trad American either.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › How do i wear a tie without getting hot and sweaty? 11 seconds ago
- › Drop Dec 23 + Taking REASONABLE Offers █ True Size 44L █ NWT $3000... 51 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 10 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 10 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 12 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 13 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS15 14 minutes ago
- › Takahiro Miyashita - Number (N)ine, The Soloist 15 minutes ago
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...