Can anyone recommend a Tailor in Boca Raton or Miami?
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 12:42 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1778
Styleforum Top Pickspost #26657 of 317322/23/14 at 8:37pmpost #26658 of 317322/23/14 at 8:44pm
noticed your question about JP Crickets. we stock a plain velvet made in italy for 328.00 A very fair price. We also stock our black on black monogram for 328.00. Check these out under our collection tab on our site. Additionally we do a custom monogram for 450.00. Our quality is Italian. We sell primarily e commerce so we can offer a very fair price direct to consumer.post #26659 of 317322/23/14 at 9:06pm
The silhouette is good. Not sure what "cohesive" means here. Do I think anything's out of place in formality? No. But I think the solid purple shirt is a bit obvious with the purple in the jacket, and you said the pants were pincord -- which I've heard used to describe both very fine corduroy and very fine seersucker -- and if seersucker, then they're all wrong with that jacket.
I also think the trousers are a rather boring shade -- I'd prefer more of a British tan shade, or either dark gray or light gray. Navy could be good, too. Or you could go full Paul Stuart and get purple cords.
I think the cloth of the jacket could be a fun one to put different shirts and ties against -- there's a lot you can play with there.post #26660 of 317322/23/14 at 9:16pmpost #26661 of 317322/23/14 at 10:37pmDepends on the trousers.
Seriously, that's an incredibly non-specific question to the point where it's entirely unanswerable. Cotton and wool are both woven into a huge range of different fabrics with a huge range of different properties. We could be talking tweed, we could be talking tropical worsted. We could be talking corduroy, we could be taking a paper thin open weave. The weather matters as well. Cold weather, hot weather? Dry, humid? What exact fabrics are your pants made out of?
There both are cotton and wool pants to suit most any conditions, and any of them might be comfortable and any of them might be uncomfortable, depending on a multitude of factors.post #26662 of 317322/24/14 at 7:46am
Reposting as this got lost in the other thread.
What is the opinion on this ? I am looking to buy something to wear with jeans or chinos but want some second opinions.post #26663 of 317322/24/14 at 9:46amQuote:
How are you cleaning it? It looks like it needs a thorough going over with a stiff brush.
A quick Google search returns rubbing alcohol as a possible solvent fire antiperspirant.post #26664 of 317322/24/14 at 9:53ampost #26665 of 317322/24/14 at 9:56ampost #26666 of 317322/24/14 at 10:09ampost #26667 of 317322/24/14 at 10:59ampost #26668 of 317322/24/14 at 12:59pmI bought a sport coat during the Jos Bank clearance sale to replace a navy sport coat that, fit wise, I'm no longer enamoured with. I've never bought from them before and thought that the price point was worth at least trying out. Just wondering what you guys think of the fit in the shoulders, if they look ok or if they look to wide/boxy (in which case, I'll just return it).
Thanks in advancedpost #26669 of 317322/24/14 at 1:00pmpost #26670 of 317322/24/14 at 1:23pmQuote:
Always wear a white shirt for weddings. I'd go for the first tie if those are your two options.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › Crockett and Jones Tan Belt - 34 2 minutes ago
- › Shoe repairs 5 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 5 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 8 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Carpe Diem side-zips, reverse grey leather, size 43 (fits US 9) 11 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories