Can anyone recommend a Tailor in Boca Raton or Miami?
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 8:51 pm in Classic Menswear
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 1:49 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 3/15/15 at 11:12am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 6:57 am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:48 pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1778
Styleforum Top Pickspost #26657 of 303832/23/14 at 8:37pmpost #26658 of 303832/23/14 at 8:44pm
noticed your question about JP Crickets. we stock a plain velvet made in italy for 328.00 A very fair price. We also stock our black on black monogram for 328.00. Check these out under our collection tab on our site. Additionally we do a custom monogram for 450.00. Our quality is Italian. We sell primarily e commerce so we can offer a very fair price direct to consumer.post #26659 of 303832/23/14 at 9:06pm
The silhouette is good. Not sure what "cohesive" means here. Do I think anything's out of place in formality? No. But I think the solid purple shirt is a bit obvious with the purple in the jacket, and you said the pants were pincord -- which I've heard used to describe both very fine corduroy and very fine seersucker -- and if seersucker, then they're all wrong with that jacket.
I also think the trousers are a rather boring shade -- I'd prefer more of a British tan shade, or either dark gray or light gray. Navy could be good, too. Or you could go full Paul Stuart and get purple cords.
I think the cloth of the jacket could be a fun one to put different shirts and ties against -- there's a lot you can play with there.post #26660 of 303832/23/14 at 9:16pmpost #26661 of 303832/23/14 at 10:37pmDepends on the trousers.
Seriously, that's an incredibly non-specific question to the point where it's entirely unanswerable. Cotton and wool are both woven into a huge range of different fabrics with a huge range of different properties. We could be talking tweed, we could be talking tropical worsted. We could be talking corduroy, we could be taking a paper thin open weave. The weather matters as well. Cold weather, hot weather? Dry, humid? What exact fabrics are your pants made out of?
There both are cotton and wool pants to suit most any conditions, and any of them might be comfortable and any of them might be uncomfortable, depending on a multitude of factors.post #26662 of 303832/24/14 at 7:46am
Reposting as this got lost in the other thread.
What is the opinion on this ? I am looking to buy something to wear with jeans or chinos but want some second opinions.post #26663 of 303832/24/14 at 9:46amQuote:
How are you cleaning it? It looks like it needs a thorough going over with a stiff brush.
A quick Google search returns rubbing alcohol as a possible solvent fire antiperspirant.post #26664 of 303832/24/14 at 9:53ampost #26665 of 303832/24/14 at 9:56ampost #26666 of 303832/24/14 at 10:09ampost #26667 of 303832/24/14 at 10:59ampost #26668 of 303832/24/14 at 12:59pmI bought a sport coat during the Jos Bank clearance sale to replace a navy sport coat that, fit wise, I'm no longer enamoured with. I've never bought from them before and thought that the price point was worth at least trying out. Just wondering what you guys think of the fit in the shoulders, if they look ok or if they look to wide/boxy (in which case, I'll just return it).
Thanks in advancedpost #26669 of 303832/24/14 at 1:00pmpost #26670 of 303832/24/14 at 1:23pmQuote:
Always wear a white shirt for weddings. I'd go for the first tie if those are your two options.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › Friday Challenge for 2015/04/03 - Get some color in your life! 1 minute ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 6 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 11 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 12 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...