What time of the year is it proper to wear linen blends(linen/wool,linen/wool/silk,linen/cotton)?I live in the northeast
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 11:20 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1766post #26476 of 332972/10/14 at 2:27pmpost #26477 of 332972/10/14 at 2:32pmpost #26478 of 332972/10/14 at 2:37pmQuote:
After Easter earliest, after memorial day for sure, then pack them away after labor day.
The Easter-Memorial day period depends on color for me, and you can sneak in some madras or seersucker after labor day if it is hot, and the colors are more muted.
Jpost #26479 of 332972/10/14 at 2:39pmQuote:
You wore Nantucket Reds in the winter!
Your opinion is null and void!
Jpost #26480 of 332972/10/14 at 2:42pmpost #26481 of 332972/10/14 at 2:56pmpost #26482 of 332972/10/14 at 6:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by ridethecliche
And this might be blasphemous, but I really dislike super shiny black boots. If the shine is a matte black, then that is my preference. I own another pair of shoes by this brand and the leather is okay. How's the leather on your lands ends? I'm guessing it's probably comparable to these and these cost 50 bucks!
Black boots that are a little matte are very cool in a sort of motorcycle boot way. I also like black suede shoes. With tailored clothes, though, I like a pretty high shine on black leather shoes -- though I used to lean more towards a satin shine on everything. I guess I like shining shoes.post #26483 of 332972/10/14 at 6:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by YRR92
Black boots that are a little matte are very cool in a sort of motorcycle boot way. I also like black suede shoes. With tailored clothes, though, I like a pretty high shine on black leather shoes -- though I used to lean more towards a satin shine on everything. I guess I like shining shoes.
Sure. I guess the issue only really comes up with black pants. I also have other shoes that can take a shine and I'm on the lookout for black park aves in my sizepost #26484 of 332972/10/14 at 7:09pmTime to get my first suit, parents are buying so price isn't really a problem. Anyways, I'm looking for something in dark grey that's trim fitting but not too skinny (It'll likely be worn in the South, no further north than DC). The Ludlow from J crew and Brooks Brothers Milano fit both seemed like decent bets but I'd appreciate any helpful advice/suggestions. Thanks.post #26485 of 332972/10/14 at 11:55pmpost #26486 of 332972/11/14 at 12:56am
I need to buy my first suit, very quickly. I have 2 days, and about 5 hours spread between the days to take care of it.
I am a college student and I'm not looking to spend too much.
1) Is is possible to buy a suit off the rack, or will I look silly if it's not tailored? (I have a very small chest, long torso, narrow shoulders)
2) What color/type of tie should I buy? Are the skinny ones ok?
3) Do I need a vest? (I know nothing about suits)
This is for a "better than business casual" dress code.
Thanks.post #26487 of 332972/11/14 at 1:15amRead this: http://www.styleforum.net/a/what-kind-of-suit-should-i-buy
Go to a store with lots of suits to try on. You're not going to get anything perfect, but you've left this far too late. Get a plain blue or grey suit. No stripes, no brown, no black. Make sure it fits the shoulders perfectly. Do as much research as possible before going shopping.post #26488 of 332972/11/14 at 1:20amQuote:
1. Yes, and yes, but you have no choice. You might get lucky, but you'll need to try a lot of jackets. Wear a proper shirt, button it all the way up, and only try on jackets till you narrow down your choices to the three best fits. Pants are less important and easier to fix.
2. Get a simple navy tie that is 3 inches wide at the widest point.
3. No.post #26489 of 332972/11/14 at 1:41ampost #26490 of 332972/11/14 at 5:18am
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 27 seconds ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 33 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 34 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 9 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...