The blue suede. The colors look good together , plus that's a more casual shoe than the others and so goes better with jeans
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on 12/22/14 at 6:31pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN Hall of Fame: pre-2010 Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:09am in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1763post #26431 of 294262/7/14 at 6:57pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #26432 of 294262/7/14 at 11:29pmpost #26433 of 294262/8/14 at 1:07ampost #26434 of 294262/8/14 at 1:37ampost #26435 of 294262/8/14 at 2:15amI have two very similar pair from different not quite as good makers.
I absolutely loved them, bought them, wore them like 5 times right away, and now it seems I wear them like twice a year because there is always a better option.
Regarding when to wear them, I wear mine mostly with jeans. I wouldn't wear them with gray trousers/navy blazer as that I feel requires a bit more dressy shoe, probably not with charcoal at all but with medium gray and a more casual SC. For sure with Chinos, or a more tweedy county outfit. I've worn mine with seersucker when I didn't want to wear bucs (I want tan/white spectators so bad).
Jpost #26436 of 294262/8/14 at 2:17ampost #26437 of 294262/8/14 at 4:16am
Yes, I agree that a navy blazer would probably not be workable, although anything less formal could probably look quite balanced. Concerning the flannel charcoal trousers, I think the heavier, softer fabric texture could take precedence over the darker grey in this instance. And if also paired with a v-neck jumper or something like a tweed sports coat, it should be workable.
Further, I feel that suede is perhaps more forgiving than leather shoes in similar, lighter colouring. And therefore could add something a little different but still elegant, while maintaining relative formality if paired with the correct attire. Having said that, they are intended for more casual wear, with the option of being a little more smartly dressed on the odd day.
Surely, I should be able to get more than twice a year use out of them, as I intend to wear them as a second or third pair?
I should clarify, the last sentence was not meant as a disagreement but rather an invitation for more opinions.
Edited by RPM1 - 2/8/14 at 5:49ampost #26438 of 294262/8/14 at 5:59am
Yes, they are ideal for pairing with a jumper, and I am sure you will wear them often if they are your second or third pair.
They are quite versatile and can be worn with most anything in between a navy blazer and a Rolling Stones t-shirt on the formality scale.
The thing is that when you are starting out you buy lots of versatile stuff, and then as you go on, and your mental illness and clothing compulsion gets worse, you buy more specialized items. So someone like me, who has around 12 pair of black shoes, would not often wear the pair of black shoes that I would advise a recent graduate to purchase.
It is like you buy a Swiss army knife, and use it all the time, then as the years go on, you get a better saw, and a better file, and better scissors, and better tweezers, and a better fish scaler, then you hardly use the Swiss army knife anymore.
Jpost #26439 of 294262/8/14 at 7:05am
Perfectly articulated analogy there, J011yroger.
Indeed, I am still at an early stage of building a quality wardrobe. And felt that, having recently added black cap-toe oxfords, dark brown derby-style full brogues and burgundy quarter-brogue oxfords, brown suede could be the next logical addition. That way, I can add them to my daily rotation consisting of the dark brown brogues and the burgundy oxfords, with the suede providing further character and contrast while still remaining practical.post #26440 of 294262/8/14 at 8:54ampost #26441 of 294262/8/14 at 8:58ampost #26442 of 294262/8/14 at 9:57ampost #26443 of 294262/8/14 at 10:20amI own a pairs of Paul smith Cesar boots brown
This is a pic of them http://www.lyst.com/shoes/paul-smith-cesar-toecap-chukka-boot/
I just use the mink oil on it but just thin layer , it's lost thier shine.(wanna cry)
TARRAGO IS THE MINK OIL BRAND NAME
How can i fix this ? To return their shine Or I just continue wearing it and wait for polish time.
I'm from Thai , I want to apologize , if my English is terrible.
Thank you for all replypost #26444 of 294262/8/14 at 11:47am
I am eyeing a 3-piece suit, nice cut, good price, my size 52.
There has been a mixup. This last one they have seems to have a size 50 vest, 52 everything else.
52 usually fits me loose (pants definitely need a belt to stay put in place), but I prefer the look/shape of 52. 50 fits me albeit tightly.
My question: Is it true vests need to fit perfectly? Will the 50 be uncomfortable for me? more importantly, when just wearing pants and vest, will the 50 vest and 52 pants look not right together?
Any advice gratefully appreciated.post #26445 of 294262/8/14 at 12:41pmQuote:Point me toward a few ideas, at least? I feel like if I randomly wander into (eg) Saks I'm likely to spend $$$ on something mediocre. Thanks to my wife, I know there are lots of nifty boutiques and consignment shops and thrift stores etc out there, but the ones I've shopped at do not sell menswear
edit: quote fail, lemme do it the hard way...
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 8 seconds ago
- › ENJOY))Detroit vs Green Bay Live 32 seconds ago
- › ESPN=Green Bay Packers vs Detroit Lions Live 1 minute ago
- › LIVE TV 2014>>>Indianapolis vs Tennessee Live 1 minute ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 1 minute ago
- › FOOTBALL ©®®>~~Indianapolis Colts vs Tennessee Titans Live 2 minutes ago
- › FREE TV=Dallas vs Washington Live 2 minutes ago
- › Double Breasted Style. 2 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 3 minutes ago
- › FREE TV=Dallas Cowboys vs Washington Redskins Live 5 minutes ago
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...