or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1741

post #26101 of 33185

Those aren't chukkas (which are boots), those are beat-up glued together black plain-toe bluchers on a rather squarish last -- cop shoes. I had a pair like that in high school -- Nunn Bush (former employer of John Wayne Gacy) -- and I think they came from Sears? They always seem to have them at the MJM near me, but I don't know if that's a chain you can get to.

 

Probably what I had:

 

http://www.nunnbush.com/shop/style/83363-01.html

 

They held up okay. If I polished them up, I could probably wear them now, but I wouldn't.

post #26102 of 33185

Hi I am going to Crockett and Jones tomorrow to get my boots resoled and I am planning to get either gumlites or new flexes. Has anyone had experience with both? If you have which is softer and which is better from your experience?

 

Thanks in advance 

post #26103 of 33185
Quote:
Originally Posted by YRR92 View Post
 

Those aren't chukkas (which are boots), those are beat-up glued together black plain-toe bluchers on a rather squarish last -- cop shoes. I had a pair like that in high school -- Nunn Bush (former employer of John Wayne Gacy) -- and I think they came from Sears? They always seem to have them at the MJM near me, but I don't know if that's a chain you can get to.

 

Probably what I had:

 

http://www.nunnbush.com/shop/style/83363-01.html

 

They held up okay. If I polished them up, I could probably wear them now, but I wouldn't.

 

I got thrown off by the angle. They looked like 3 eyelet chukka's that were low cut even for chukkas.

Whoops...


(/me looks down at the black chukkas on his feet and shakes his head in shame)

post #26104 of 33185
Is this similar to the AE shine wax (Carnabua))

http://www.amazon.com/Kiwi-Shoe-Polish-Giant-Black/dp/B000HAOEOG

Can I use black for brown shoes as well? I was told that there isn't much dye in the product mix.
post #26105 of 33185

Hello,

 

I have a quick question. I am in market for a new pair of boots. I had an old J&M boots which held up quite nicely but i was hoping to upgrade to a better pair. I want rubber sole because i get good amount of snow so traction would be better.

 

I was looking at Frye company offerings but they didn't appeal to me much except for the Jackson Side Zip boots. Can anyone recommend me any nice pair of boots? My budget is around $500...

 

Thanks in advance for the replies!!

post #26106 of 33185
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
 

 

I got thrown off by the angle. They looked like 3 eyelet chukka's that were low cut even for chukkas.

Whoops...


(/me looks down at the black chukkas on his feet and shakes his head in shame)


It is really odd that they only have three eyelets -- that's the only thing about them that strikes me as particularly unusual.

 

JezeC, I've never used the AE stuff, but sparingly applied Kiwi wax is good enough for me (and also for quite a few people with higher standards than mine). It's cheap -- buy it in two colors. The black has enough pigment to affect the color of shoes lighter than a mid-brown, in my experience. I use dark brown polish on my burg and tan shoes (poor man's patina), but I'd worry about black being too pronounced.

post #26107 of 33185
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefteye219 View Post
 

Hello,

 

I have a quick question. I am in market for a new pair of boots. I had an old J&M boots which held up quite nicely but i was hoping to upgrade to a better pair. I want rubber sole because i get good amount of snow so traction would be better.

 

I was looking at Frye company offerings but they didn't appeal to me much except for the Jackson Side Zip boots. Can anyone recommend me any nice pair of boots? My budget is around $500...

 

Thanks in advance for the replies!!


What are you looking for exactly? What kind of style? Dressy? Casual? What have you?

I really like some of frye's offerings, tbh, but at that price range you can expand your search quite a bit to C&J, Sutor Mantellassi, AE, and Loake among other brands.

post #26108 of 33185
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

Keep the cufflinks modest, but there's no reason you shouldn't have a double cuff.  Keep the shirt plain though - no stripes or contrast collars!

And either no PS, or a thin sliver of white at a push. Something else?  Maybe something dark and unassuming, but that's not really the nature of a PS, so I'd stick with very clean and simple or none at all.

Thanks.

J
post #26109 of 33185

thanks for the reply. I am looking for a bit casual wear to go with either a pair of jeans or chinos. I looked at C&J Islay and liked them as well.

I was interested in getting a side zip boots at first but after much consideration and reading, i have come to conclusion that the zip can get damaged which will cause me inconvenience.

thanks again :)

post #26110 of 33185

I REALLY need to know what type of shoes these are so I can buy them again. If someone can help me I would pay money lol. They're my most favorite shoes I've ever had but can't find them online.

 

 

 

post #26111 of 33185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric0911 View Post

I REALLY need to know what type of shoes these are so I can buy them again. If someone can help me I would pay money lol. They're my most favorite shoes I've ever had but can't find them online. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)










Definitely more of a Street Wear & Denim forum question. There will be way more sneaker experts on that side of the site. Good luck.
post #26112 of 33185

thanks :)

post #26113 of 33185

I think you may have a better chance of finding your answer on the streetwear version of this thread:

 

http://www.styleforum.net/t/164402/ask-a-question-get-an-answer-ask-all-quick-questions-here/14475

 

The types of cloths people in this section discuss are more into classic stuff.

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric0911 View Post
 

I REALLY need to know what type of shoes these are so I can buy them again. If someone can help me I would pay money lol. They're my most favorite shoes I've ever had but can't find them online.

 

 

 

post #26114 of 33185
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefteye219 View Post
 

thanks for the reply. I am looking for a bit casual wear to go with either a pair of jeans or chinos. I looked at C&J Islay and liked them as well.

I was interested in getting a side zip boots at first but after much consideration and reading, i have come to conclusion that the zip can get damaged which will cause me inconvenience.

thanks again :)

 

If you want something more substantial, this is in your price range.

post #26115 of 33185
Quote:
Originally Posted by bejstam68 View Post
 

Having looked at thousands of black leather shoe pictures, these are the ones that I can't stop thinking of.

 

 

I found them on a photo site, no information on what shoe brand or model this is. (Photo is copyright Brian Daly.)

 

Can someone help to to identify these shoes?

They seem like an old beat up pair of shoes to me.  I'm curious as to why you like them or if you are being serious.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)