Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 11:29 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1739post #26071 of 331521/26/14 at 1:45pmpost #26072 of 331521/26/14 at 2:45pmpost #26073 of 331521/26/14 at 2:48pmpost #26074 of 331521/26/14 at 2:54pmpost #26075 of 331521/26/14 at 3:29pm
Hello, I need some guide and opinion to taking care of my Cashmere sweaters because I will like to keep them for a long time.
First of all I read some review that Woolite is the best detergent to clean cashmere. Will it be "Woolite Delicate" or "Woolite Everyday" will be the best? or a bottle of delicate wash detergent from Laundress or J crew better?
Second, I have read some review on some blogs or articles about brushes to remove pills and I need some opinion on which I kind of brush I should purchase. I have read that a "boar-bristle brush" or a "The Laundress Cashmere Brush" or a "velvet cloth brush" could do the trick. I do not know which is the best option because of the price differences. The laundress is around 60, the boar-bristle and velvet brush can go between 10-25 dollars, so I am stuck on which one I should get or better yet if someone have a better choice than the ones I found.
Last question, maybe it is a dumb question. If I brush the sweater every time I wear it will the sweater begin to develop holes or gaps between the area I brush regularly like elbow or back? Also is picking on pilling a bad habit?post #26076 of 331521/26/14 at 4:25pm
I'm having a hard time finding a picture and I didn't take one, so description is all I can give you.
I found a navy SC today with a windowpane pattern, so it was sky blue windowpane on a solid navy. It was pretty thin windowpane though and only readily apparently from a few feet away or closer. The jacket didn't have solid buttons either.
The fabric didn't seem to have any crazy twill or such. The jacket fit okay and I really liked the pattern, albeit I wish it was bolder with a the windowpane outlines slightly thicker.
Orphan suit jacket or SC?post #26077 of 331521/26/14 at 4:45pm
I just use Kent brushes; they have a cashmere one though I'll be honest I haven't bothered with getting that specific one. I also don't wash cashmere sweaters in general; I will if they get dirty but I imagine it's much like suits in that you aim to not get into position to have to wash it if possible. Since cashmere sweaters aren't 4 season, you can probably get away with not worrying about cleaning them for a long time.
I can't say that it's bad, but I wouldn't worry about brushing too firmly unless there's a need. Don't fix it if it's not a problem. That said I don't wear them as often as others may so, eh.post #26078 of 331521/26/14 at 4:52pmpost #26079 of 331521/26/14 at 5:00pmQuote:
I'll see if I can swing by tomorrow and try it out wearing a shirt and tie. I suspect it's a hair big on me and will need waist suppression I really liked the pattern. I asked because it was a very thin line window pane, most scs I'd seen have at least 3x the line thickness do it stands out way more. I wish this one did.post #26080 of 331521/26/14 at 5:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by ridethecliche
I'll see if I can swing by tomorrow and try it out wearing a shirt and tie. I suspect it's a hair big on me and will need waist suppression I really liked the pattern. I asked because it was a very thin line window pane, most scs I'd seen have at least 3x the line thickness do it stands out way more. I wish this one did.
If it's really thin, it may not work as a sport coat. If the pattern is one thread wide, it's for sure a suiting cloth.
Remember, another deal will always come along.post #26081 of 331521/26/14 at 7:30pmpost #26082 of 331521/26/14 at 8:05pmpost #26083 of 331521/26/14 at 8:37pmpost #26084 of 331521/26/14 at 9:25pm
I know it won't hurt to try, but has anyone ever been successfully able to make a pair of shoes about a half size big fit fine with a heel pad? Having this issue with a pair of shoes I really like. I usually wear an 8.5 and they're a 9C. The width feels fine, but I have a little bit of heel slip.
Figure it's worth giving it a go.post #26085 of 331521/26/14 at 9:35pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 9 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 15 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 20 seconds ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 38 seconds ago
- › Truman Boots 45 seconds ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 1 minute ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 2 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › ENZO BONAFÉ MTO and GMTO Central 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...