Or an Australian. :)
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 12:58 am in Classic Menswear
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 12:10 am in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 3/15/15 at 11:12am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 6:07 pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:10 am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/10/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1727
Styleforum Top Pickspost #25892 of 303571/17/14 at 12:15pmpost #25893 of 303571/17/14 at 12:24pmpost #25894 of 303571/17/14 at 12:33pmpost #25895 of 303571/17/14 at 12:37pmpost #25896 of 303571/17/14 at 12:52pmpost #25897 of 303571/17/14 at 1:37pmpost #25898 of 303571/17/14 at 2:00pmpost #25899 of 303571/17/14 at 3:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by AmericanGent
Black shoes were traditionally the accepted color for blue and grey suits, but since the late 90's that has been relaxed and now brown shoes are much more common.
I'd encourage you to look into a pair of brown shoes- Allen Edmonds has frequent sales and you can buy second- quality shoes with minor defects for around $160-$200 during their sales. If you are building your wardrobe this is a great place to start.
Note- Be prepared to "zero in" on your correct size for each last and if buying seconds you may have to return a few duds. Shipping in the US is free both ways.
I was just researching side-tabs adjusters for a suit I recently commissioned. I fluctuate in weight 20lbs throughout the year so it gets annoying!
I'm in Australia and a quick googling shows that Allen Edmonds aren't stocked in stores here, which is a bit rough. But I'll keep at it!
The suit is the only pair of trousers I own with side tabs and I love them. I can wear them all day with braces in case they decide to sag and they are delightful. I wish all my trousers had them!post #25900 of 303571/17/14 at 3:58pmQuote:
Good luck mate. Unfortunately in Australia our shoe option are very limited. If you're in the east coast most cities have a couple of stores that stick decent shoes but look to pay at least 50% more than what all the yanks on SF will tell you. You won't find AE anywhere but David jones stocks Loake which is about the same quality/price.post #25901 of 303571/17/14 at 4:13pmpost #25902 of 303571/17/14 at 4:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by ovlov
Good luck mate. Unfortunately in Australia our shoe option are very limited. If you're in the east coast most cities have a couple of stores that stick decent shoes but look to pay at least 50% more than what all the yanks on SF will tell you. You won't find AE anywhere but David jones stocks Loake which is about the same quality/price.
You have one of the best manufacturers of boots in the world in your country (RM Williams). Why not make an enquiry with them and propose new lines of oxford shoes?post #25903 of 303571/17/14 at 4:48pmpost #25904 of 303571/17/14 at 7:05pm
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Cars We Drive! 58 seconds ago
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › *** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › Boy & Girl【+91-9828939517 】Love Vashikaran Specialist Baba ji IN UK... 3 minutes ago
- › SOLD: NAPOLISUMISURA bespoke grey suit -- about size 36/38 -- forza... 4 minutes ago
- › Boy & Girl Relationship【+91-9828939517 】Problem Solution Baba ji IN... 5 minutes ago
- › Husband Wife Relationship【+91-9828939517 】Problem Solution Baba ji... 6 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Boy & Girl Love Problem【+91-9828939517 】Solution Baba ji IN UK... 8 minutes ago
- › Husband Wife Divorce【+91-9828939517 】Problem Solution Baba ji IN UK... 10 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...