Or an Australian. :)
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 4:04 pm in Classic Menswear
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 2:17 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 5/14/15 at 3:36am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 5:53 pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1727
Styleforum Top Pickspost #25892 of 307131/17/14 at 12:15pmpost #25893 of 307131/17/14 at 12:24pmpost #25894 of 307131/17/14 at 12:33pmpost #25895 of 307131/17/14 at 12:37pmpost #25896 of 307131/17/14 at 12:52pmpost #25897 of 307131/17/14 at 1:37pmpost #25898 of 307131/17/14 at 2:00pmpost #25899 of 307131/17/14 at 3:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by AmericanGent
Black shoes were traditionally the accepted color for blue and grey suits, but since the late 90's that has been relaxed and now brown shoes are much more common.
I'd encourage you to look into a pair of brown shoes- Allen Edmonds has frequent sales and you can buy second- quality shoes with minor defects for around $160-$200 during their sales. If you are building your wardrobe this is a great place to start.
Note- Be prepared to "zero in" on your correct size for each last and if buying seconds you may have to return a few duds. Shipping in the US is free both ways.
I was just researching side-tabs adjusters for a suit I recently commissioned. I fluctuate in weight 20lbs throughout the year so it gets annoying!
I'm in Australia and a quick googling shows that Allen Edmonds aren't stocked in stores here, which is a bit rough. But I'll keep at it!
The suit is the only pair of trousers I own with side tabs and I love them. I can wear them all day with braces in case they decide to sag and they are delightful. I wish all my trousers had them!post #25900 of 307131/17/14 at 3:58pmQuote:
Good luck mate. Unfortunately in Australia our shoe option are very limited. If you're in the east coast most cities have a couple of stores that stick decent shoes but look to pay at least 50% more than what all the yanks on SF will tell you. You won't find AE anywhere but David jones stocks Loake which is about the same quality/price.post #25901 of 307131/17/14 at 4:13pmpost #25902 of 307131/17/14 at 4:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by ovlov
Good luck mate. Unfortunately in Australia our shoe option are very limited. If you're in the east coast most cities have a couple of stores that stick decent shoes but look to pay at least 50% more than what all the yanks on SF will tell you. You won't find AE anywhere but David jones stocks Loake which is about the same quality/price.
You have one of the best manufacturers of boots in the world in your country (RM Williams). Why not make an enquiry with them and propose new lines of oxford shoes?post #25903 of 307131/17/14 at 4:48pmpost #25904 of 307131/17/14 at 7:05pm
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The Official BLUE BLUE JAPAN thread - all things indigo, many... 36 seconds ago
- › Need advice from people who workout and buy custom clothes! 1 minute ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 20 thumb minimum 8 minutes ago
- › NWT Label Under Construction LUC Punched Selvedge Reversible SS... 12 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan