Jeans, yes. Tshirt, no.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Yesterday at 5:10 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1719post #25771 of 333081/14/14 at 4:45ampost #25772 of 333081/14/14 at 7:13ampost #25773 of 333081/14/14 at 7:36amQuote:+1. A balmoral like that really shouldn't be worn with jeans. A blucher would be more appropriate with jeans. There are plenty of cap toe blucher brogues out there if you like the style. This cordovan Carmina is on sale from forum affiliate Epaulet right now and would look great with jeans IMO:post #25774 of 333081/14/14 at 8:46ampost #25775 of 333081/14/14 at 10:16ampost #25776 of 333081/14/14 at 10:19ampost #25777 of 333081/14/14 at 11:22ampost #25778 of 333081/14/14 at 12:20pm
Made a thread for this before when I registered, but it got lost in about 10 minutes. Just figured I might ask it here as well:
I sent someone off to pick up a jacket I had dry cleaned a while ago, and somehow the sleeves look weird when I got it back. It does disappear to some extent, but not fully when wearing...
What could have caused the rippling/puckering on the sleeves? And how do I get rid of it? I've been told it can be done by hand pressing with an iron and a cloth in between, but thought I'd rather ask about it here first.post #25779 of 333081/14/14 at 12:25pmpost #25780 of 333081/14/14 at 12:26pmpost #25781 of 333081/14/14 at 1:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel
Finding a good dry cleanser is so hard to do, especially when suitings are involved. I would be interested in this as well, I suspect that short of re-shaping the shoulder on a tailor's pressboard, it will be a hard fix.
If it helps, some gents pay extra for such sleeve detailing
I wouldn't mind either, but they didn't offer me something like that.
And yes I know it's hard to find a good one... unfortunately. I did inquire where I got the jacket, and they specifically recommended this dry cleaner, so I feel kind of bummed.. There's no other problems at all, but this really bothers me!
By using press board was indeed the way that was suggested :) So it seems like there isn't really a better nor an easier alternative..
But you do think it can definitely be fixed though?post #25782 of 333081/14/14 at 1:15pmpost #25783 of 333081/14/14 at 1:27pmpost #25784 of 333081/14/14 at 2:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by YRR92
Aren't they generally leather? Anyway, edge dressing on the sides, and some people get a bit of leather lotion on the bottoms from time to time. They're cheap to replace, too.
I don't wear nice shoes when the pavement is wet and the sidewalks are salty. For the uppers, I brush them off when I come in, using a damp paper towel to remove salt, and I polish them when they need it.
I think that's just what they are called. But as they are usually a different colour, and at times composition, you would probably have to use something other than general, coloured polish.
I imagine neutral polish could work if it is leather, saving you having to track down specific products?
Edited by RPM1 - 1/14/14 at 4:12pmpost #25785 of 333081/14/14 at 3:40pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 2 minutes ago
- › On Tie Knots and Shirt Collars 2 minutes ago
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 5 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 7 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 8 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 18 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 26 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 28 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafè Wholecut in Black Calf UK 6 BNIB 29 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...