^^^ I may be wrong, but I think jungleroller is referring to the top button of a shirt being buttoned sans tie.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 3:05 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 2/22/15 at 7:08am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 3:52 pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:26 pm in Classic Menswear
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1702post #25516 of 3016912/30/13 at 8:43am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #25517 of 3016912/30/13 at 9:00ampost #25518 of 3016912/30/13 at 9:03am
Top button of dress shirts. I see a lot of Hipster guys wearing them with flannels etc. and some Polos but I'm starting to see it with Casual Business too with Sport Coats. David Lynch would wear it, but he's a bad ass in his own right so I guess I'm wondering in general how is it looked upon?post #25519 of 3016912/30/13 at 9:14amQuote:Originally Posted by jungleroller
Top button of dress shirts. I see a lot of Hipster guys wearing them with flannels etc. and some Polos but I'm starting to see it with Casual Business too with Sport Coats. David Lynch would wear it, but he's a bad ass in his own right so I guess I'm wondering in general how is it looked upon?
It goes back at least as far as Andy Warhol. It was, and perhaps in some quarters still is, a purposeful transgression of a cultural norm, a kind of sartorial middle finger to the establishment.
As this is the “classic menswear” forum, I feel comfortable simply saying “don’t.”
Acpost #25520 of 3016912/30/13 at 9:16ampost #25521 of 3016912/30/13 at 10:06amQuote:
Of the two, the thin stripes. Sorry for ringing in late.post #25522 of 3016912/30/13 at 11:53ampost #25523 of 3016912/30/13 at 1:00pmpost #25524 of 3016912/31/13 at 6:49ampost #25525 of 3016912/31/13 at 7:07ampost #25526 of 3016912/31/13 at 7:16ampost #25527 of 3016912/31/13 at 7:34ampost #25528 of 3016912/31/13 at 12:47pmI just bought a suit from Suitsupply (it's this one if anyone is curious) and was wondering if I could get some feedback on whether I should bother with getting my tailor to do anything to the body at all.
Obviously, I'll get the sleeves and pants shortened; but do you think the back needs cleaning up/slimmed or would you not bother?
Thankspost #25529 of 3016912/31/13 at 12:57pmpost #25530 of 3016912/31/13 at 1:01pm
^^ I often wear jeans with odd jackets....but not with a navy blazer. It's done, I just personally don't love the blue on blue and a proper navy blazer is just below a suit in terms of formality (more at home with wool pants, tie, etc). unless you are talking about a blue odd jacket, with non metal buttons then I guess I'd have to see the jacket and jeans together to judge.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 12 seconds ago
- › Blue Owl Workshop - official affiliate thread 22 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 1 minute ago
- › whnay.'s good taste thread 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › Equus Leather: Black West End, Satin Nickel, 1.25 x 31.5, NEW IN BOX 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...