^^^ I may be wrong, but I think jungleroller is referring to the top button of a shirt being buttoned sans tie.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 5:17 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on Today at 7:44 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on Today at 4:22 pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1702post #25516 of 3106612/30/13 at 8:43am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #25517 of 3106612/30/13 at 9:00ampost #25518 of 3106612/30/13 at 9:03am
Top button of dress shirts. I see a lot of Hipster guys wearing them with flannels etc. and some Polos but I'm starting to see it with Casual Business too with Sport Coats. David Lynch would wear it, but he's a bad ass in his own right so I guess I'm wondering in general how is it looked upon?post #25519 of 3106612/30/13 at 9:14amQuote:Originally Posted by jungleroller
Top button of dress shirts. I see a lot of Hipster guys wearing them with flannels etc. and some Polos but I'm starting to see it with Casual Business too with Sport Coats. David Lynch would wear it, but he's a bad ass in his own right so I guess I'm wondering in general how is it looked upon?
It goes back at least as far as Andy Warhol. It was, and perhaps in some quarters still is, a purposeful transgression of a cultural norm, a kind of sartorial middle finger to the establishment.
As this is the “classic menswear” forum, I feel comfortable simply saying “don’t.”
Acpost #25520 of 3106612/30/13 at 9:16ampost #25521 of 3106612/30/13 at 10:06amQuote:
Of the two, the thin stripes. Sorry for ringing in late.post #25522 of 3106612/30/13 at 11:53ampost #25523 of 3106612/30/13 at 1:00pmpost #25524 of 3106612/31/13 at 6:49ampost #25525 of 3106612/31/13 at 7:07ampost #25526 of 3106612/31/13 at 7:16ampost #25527 of 3106612/31/13 at 7:34ampost #25528 of 3106612/31/13 at 12:47pmI just bought a suit from Suitsupply (it's this one if anyone is curious) and was wondering if I could get some feedback on whether I should bother with getting my tailor to do anything to the body at all.
Obviously, I'll get the sleeves and pants shortened; but do you think the back needs cleaning up/slimmed or would you not bother?
Thankspost #25529 of 3106612/31/13 at 12:57pmpost #25530 of 3106612/31/13 at 1:01pm
^^ I often wear jeans with odd jackets....but not with a navy blazer. It's done, I just personally don't love the blue on blue and a proper navy blazer is just below a suit in terms of formality (more at home with wool pants, tie, etc). unless you are talking about a blue odd jacket, with non metal buttons then I guess I'd have to see the jacket and jeans together to judge.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 9 seconds ago
- › ENZO BONAFÉ MTO and GMTO Central 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 2 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 13 minutes ago
- › Henry Carter Neckwear & Accessories: Official affiliate thread 16 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 23 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 24 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...