Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on 7/2/15 at 4:16am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on Today at 8:07 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 4:57 am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 8:21 am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1689post #25321 of 3095312/19/13 at 7:05am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #25322 of 3095312/19/13 at 7:06ampost #25323 of 3095312/19/13 at 7:08ampost #25324 of 3095312/19/13 at 7:25ampost #25325 of 3095312/19/13 at 7:46ampost #25326 of 3095312/19/13 at 8:02amQuote:Originally Posted by DjangoV
This actually had me wondering last night. Think I'll have to pass, although I really like the overall look and feel of the jacket (fits like a glove and nice thick & soft wool). Just not sure on whether I could pull this high button off or what to pair it with. Better to get my basics together first I guess.
I totally agree with you and can envision very nice outfits like that. Currently I don't think I feel comfortable enough to wear such a combination however (bow ties are seldom worn in the Netherlands and are mostly viewed upon as being totally outdated).
I think that's wise. If you're not sure, pay attention to that indecision and don't buy the coat. Above all, you have to feel comfortable in your decision, and it should be a warning sign if you feel you have to convince yourself that something's okay. And you're on the right track re your "basics" comment. Get yourself some classic odd jackets first--a blue blazer, camel hair, etc.--and then begin to branch out into more unique items. Good luck!post #25327 of 3095312/19/13 at 8:07ampost #25328 of 3095312/19/13 at 8:13amQuote:
If it's the color you're after, I just gifted my boss a J.Crew silk tie that looked like the one on the right.post #25329 of 3095312/19/13 at 8:35amAlso similar question
Alden Snuff Suede Plain Toe (29336f -- https://unionmadegoods.com/product/alden-unlined-suede-dover-in-snuff-29336f/)
Alden Snuff Suede Moc Toe Blucher (73993 - http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens-handsewn-5-eyelet-blucher-oxford-calfskin--brown-suede/pvc-ald-mxsbd-73993_ald_m_handsewn_5_eyelet_blucher_oxford_calfskin.html)
vs.post #25330 of 3095312/19/13 at 8:38ampost #25331 of 3095312/19/13 at 8:41ampost #25332 of 3095312/19/13 at 8:41amWhere can I get some good quality cuff links inexpensively? Think like $30 or less. I had to loan a pair to my dad for my wedding, and, as he has several French cuff shirts now, (I think 3) he needs a pair. Toggle back is preferable, as he would never bother with double sided, but rather change his shirt.
Bonus points if I can buy them locally in Vancouver.post #25333 of 3095312/19/13 at 9:03ampost #25334 of 3095312/19/13 at 9:11ampost #25335 of 3095312/19/13 at 10:01amQuote:Most any menswear shop (and hundreds of eBay sellers) will have silk knot cuff links. For $30, you could likely buy yourself a few pairs, and a couple of pairs for your father, too.Originally Posted by ImTheGroom
Where can I get some good quality cuff links inexpensively? Think like $30 or less. I had to loan a pair to my dad for my wedding, and, as he has several French cuff shirts now, (I think 3) he needs a pair. Toggle back is preferable, as he would never bother with double sided, but rather change his shirt.
Bonus points if I can buy them locally in Vancouver.
If you want something a little more formal, Jos. A. Bank currently has "silver" (they're actually rhodium-plated metal, which in some ways might be preferred to silver) knot cuff links on sale for 18 bucks and change. (If you miss today's sale on them, they'll doubtless be on sale again next week.) FWIW, silver knot links are my "go to" cuff links, as they're relatively discreet and understated, while being somewhat more refined than colorful silk knots. I don't know if there's a JAB in Vancouver, but I'm sure they'd ship them to you. Here's a link: http://www.josbank.com/menswear/shop/Product_11001_10050_100195
Both silk and metal knot cuff links are double-sided, but are at least as straight forward as are toggle-back links, so I can't see that as being a drawback for your father.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › OXXFORD Clothes Bespoke Collection of Jackets and Suit - Cashmere... 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 9 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 15 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 18 minutes ago
- › The Official Drake's London Appreciation Thread 21 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...