Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 3:58 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on Yesterday at 1:32 pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1666post #24976 of 3107312/4/13 at 11:03am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #24977 of 3107312/4/13 at 11:31amQuote:Difficult to say, without examining the tie. Not all "fairly small, darker stains" are alike, after all. Nor are all ties.
The cheaper option would be to attempt to do it yourself. You could buy some Amodex Ink & Stain Remover, which is inexpensive and well thought of in various fountain pen circles as a way of removing ink stains from neckties, and have a go at it. Depending on the stain and the tie, it might work perfectly well. Or it might not.
The better - but considerably more costly - option would be to send the tie to Tie Crafters, and let them try to make it right.post #24978 of 3107312/4/13 at 6:48pmpost #24979 of 3107312/4/13 at 7:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by bik2101
@tcln1456 - you;re probably gonna want a 34. I've got pretty similar measurements to you and that's the size that I got last year. sold the coat because I didn't like the fit all that much and here are the measurements from the 34R I bought and sold last yr:
length (back): 30"
sleeves from shoulder: 24"
sleeves from pit: 17"
@bik2101 Regarding the fit, was it too boxy? What other peacoat brands would you recommend besides Sterlingwear?
Edited by tcln1456 - 12/4/13 at 7:35pmpost #24980 of 3107312/4/13 at 9:02pm
I ordered a full zip vest from Brooks Brothers last week. To my horror, it had 2 holes in it! I heard Brooks Brothers made good stuff, but this experience has confounded me. I suppose some deals (even black friday deals) are too good to be true. That said, if I was looking for a good quality cotton vest and sweater, which companies would be good to consider. Things to keep in mind: size wise, I am a slightly husky; with regard to my height, I am around 5 ft 5 inches; and economically speaking, I just started my career, so wouldn't want to spend too much. Any good suggestions?post #24981 of 3107312/5/13 at 12:12ampost #24982 of 3107312/5/13 at 5:04ampost #24983 of 3107312/5/13 at 5:11amQuote:Originally Posted by jdrizzy
I'm trying to sell something. When they ask me " how much shipped", what exactly does that mean, Am I paying for shipping, are they? Are they asking for a total price to pay with shipping included?
Also, whats the best parcel service from Toronto to the States? ( price wise)
I was told trackable post is good and takes about a week or so.
The more express methods of sending are double the cost or greater, it appears.post #24984 of 3107312/5/13 at 5:30ampost #24985 of 3107312/5/13 at 5:35ampost #24986 of 3107312/5/13 at 5:58ampost #24987 of 3107312/5/13 at 10:12am
I have a question concerning what to buy next regarding shirts. I recently lost quite some weight so had to re-establish my closet. First of all, I am very short (1.65m, 5'5) and now athletic build. Therefore, no OTR shirt so far fit me despite for maybe H&M shirts which are rather tight around the chest. Therefore, I've decided to make use of online tailors. My first shirt was from iTailor, a pink one (yeah I know, but it was their deal of the week and I needed to get my measurements right), however the fit wasn't great as there is no possibility for input of for example biceps. Hereafter, I ordered my first white (classic collar, no pocket etc) shirt which is their test shirt. The fit was great, however, the biceps one centimeter too tight. So hereafter, I ordered another one of their test shirts, the OCBD (light) blue.
So long story short, now I have the measurements right, I want to order shirts with a bit more quality. So now my question it, what should I get. So far I have:
- White dress shirt
- OCBD light blue
- Grey & black shirt from H&M
I am thinking about getting a shirt with gingham pattern, but my girlfriend thinks it is for old people. Therefore, styleforum, I ask you for your suggestions (I was thinking about Luxire).post #24988 of 3107312/5/13 at 1:46pmpost #24989 of 3107312/5/13 at 2:00pmpost #24990 of 3107312/5/13 at 3:11pm
Hello all, quick question.
An invitation was dropped into my lap very last minute to a black tie optional party this weekend, and I'm facing two options. The first is go with the "optional" choice and wear a navy suit (which is tailored well to me), white shirt, and nice tie. The second option is rent a tux very last minute.
My situation is that I am in my mid twenties and do not at this time own a tux. The invitation was given to me by my boss, so it's one of those "I'd like you to be there" events that I'm definitely not wanting to miss. He said multiple times "Black tie optional" so I'm thinking I'd rather show up in a well-fitting suit than in a (most likely) ill-fitting rental tux.
Follow-up question, because I feel like I'll be asked why I don't own one already... What would you all recommend as a good starting point when looking for tuxedos? This is the first of what I'm assuming will be several black tie events I go to in this profession. Probably 3-5 a year.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › MTO/ Bespoke shoe plans for 2015? 9 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 28 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › No Brogue or Semi Brogue for Interview 2 minutes ago
- › RULES for the tall and skinny man 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › Should I buy a full canvassed suit for the sole reason that I don't... 4 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...