Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 4:11 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on Today at 6:05 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on Today at 8:46 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 10:54 am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1666post #24976 of 3096512/4/13 at 11:03am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #24977 of 3096512/4/13 at 11:31amQuote:Difficult to say, without examining the tie. Not all "fairly small, darker stains" are alike, after all. Nor are all ties.
The cheaper option would be to attempt to do it yourself. You could buy some Amodex Ink & Stain Remover, which is inexpensive and well thought of in various fountain pen circles as a way of removing ink stains from neckties, and have a go at it. Depending on the stain and the tie, it might work perfectly well. Or it might not.
The better - but considerably more costly - option would be to send the tie to Tie Crafters, and let them try to make it right.post #24978 of 3096512/4/13 at 6:48pmpost #24979 of 3096512/4/13 at 7:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by bik2101
@tcln1456 - you;re probably gonna want a 34. I've got pretty similar measurements to you and that's the size that I got last year. sold the coat because I didn't like the fit all that much and here are the measurements from the 34R I bought and sold last yr:
length (back): 30"
sleeves from shoulder: 24"
sleeves from pit: 17"
@bik2101 Regarding the fit, was it too boxy? What other peacoat brands would you recommend besides Sterlingwear?
Edited by tcln1456 - 12/4/13 at 7:35pmpost #24980 of 3096512/4/13 at 9:02pm
I ordered a full zip vest from Brooks Brothers last week. To my horror, it had 2 holes in it! I heard Brooks Brothers made good stuff, but this experience has confounded me. I suppose some deals (even black friday deals) are too good to be true. That said, if I was looking for a good quality cotton vest and sweater, which companies would be good to consider. Things to keep in mind: size wise, I am a slightly husky; with regard to my height, I am around 5 ft 5 inches; and economically speaking, I just started my career, so wouldn't want to spend too much. Any good suggestions?post #24981 of 3096512/5/13 at 12:12ampost #24982 of 3096512/5/13 at 5:04ampost #24983 of 3096512/5/13 at 5:11amQuote:Originally Posted by jdrizzy
I'm trying to sell something. When they ask me " how much shipped", what exactly does that mean, Am I paying for shipping, are they? Are they asking for a total price to pay with shipping included?
Also, whats the best parcel service from Toronto to the States? ( price wise)
I was told trackable post is good and takes about a week or so.
The more express methods of sending are double the cost or greater, it appears.post #24984 of 3096512/5/13 at 5:30ampost #24985 of 3096512/5/13 at 5:35ampost #24986 of 3096512/5/13 at 5:58ampost #24987 of 3096512/5/13 at 10:12am
I have a question concerning what to buy next regarding shirts. I recently lost quite some weight so had to re-establish my closet. First of all, I am very short (1.65m, 5'5) and now athletic build. Therefore, no OTR shirt so far fit me despite for maybe H&M shirts which are rather tight around the chest. Therefore, I've decided to make use of online tailors. My first shirt was from iTailor, a pink one (yeah I know, but it was their deal of the week and I needed to get my measurements right), however the fit wasn't great as there is no possibility for input of for example biceps. Hereafter, I ordered my first white (classic collar, no pocket etc) shirt which is their test shirt. The fit was great, however, the biceps one centimeter too tight. So hereafter, I ordered another one of their test shirts, the OCBD (light) blue.
So long story short, now I have the measurements right, I want to order shirts with a bit more quality. So now my question it, what should I get. So far I have:
- White dress shirt
- OCBD light blue
- Grey & black shirt from H&M
I am thinking about getting a shirt with gingham pattern, but my girlfriend thinks it is for old people. Therefore, styleforum, I ask you for your suggestions (I was thinking about Luxire).post #24988 of 3096512/5/13 at 1:46pmpost #24989 of 3096512/5/13 at 2:00pmpost #24990 of 3096512/5/13 at 3:11pm
Hello all, quick question.
An invitation was dropped into my lap very last minute to a black tie optional party this weekend, and I'm facing two options. The first is go with the "optional" choice and wear a navy suit (which is tailored well to me), white shirt, and nice tie. The second option is rent a tux very last minute.
My situation is that I am in my mid twenties and do not at this time own a tux. The invitation was given to me by my boss, so it's one of those "I'd like you to be there" events that I'm definitely not wanting to miss. He said multiple times "Black tie optional" so I'm thinking I'd rather show up in a well-fitting suit than in a (most likely) ill-fitting rental tux.
Follow-up question, because I feel like I'll be asked why I don't own one already... What would you all recommend as a good starting point when looking for tuxedos? This is the first of what I'm assuming will be several black tie events I go to in this profession. Probably 3-5 a year.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › Any One for a Scotch? 46 seconds ago
- › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › snowman_snowshirts 3 minutes ago
- › Snowman x SnowSmock Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 4 minutes ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Pay to vote... 4 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 8 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...