or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1650

post #24736 of 33127
Quote:
Originally Posted by J011yroger View Post


It looks a touch big in the shoulders.

The ticket pocket is a more casual touch, and I certainly wouldn't think anyone would think you presumptuous for having one.

J

To J011yroger,

 

Should I get something done in the shoulder? Or just leave it as it is.

 

Thanks.

post #24737 of 33127
Maybe try on one size smaller jacket, and see how it fits in the body?

Otherwise, just let it rip.

J
post #24738 of 33127
Quote:
Originally Posted by J011yroger View Post

Maybe try on one size smaller jacket, and see how it fits in the body?

Otherwise, just let it rip.

J

This (Hackett) is already their smallest size - 38R. I however have tried 36R at Aquascutum and Jaeger but they both fit too tight in the shoulder.
post #24739 of 33127
The shoulders look fine.
post #24740 of 33127

Planning on going navy for a wedding, can someone hook me up with an outfit, I can't seem to piece everything together. Maybe a grey HIT suit, white shirt, navy tie, black shoes?

post #24741 of 33127
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrizzy View Post

Planning on going navy for a wedding, can someone hook me up with an outfit, I can't seem to piece everything together. Maybe a grey HIT suit, white shirt, navy tie, black shoes?

If you want to go navy, I suggest a navy suit. Wear it with a white shirt, black shoes and a wedding tie.
post #24742 of 33127

How far off the mark with the nehru jacket. Avoid tie next time?

 

This happened when I was fiddling with the collar.

post #24743 of 33127
Quote:
Originally Posted by E,TF View Post


If you want to go navy, I suggest a navy suit. Wear it with a white shirt, black shoes and a wedding tie.

I have a navy Macclesfield tie. Would you say a two button suit is standard for weddings? Thanks for the input

post #24744 of 33127

If you have a finished jacket with surgeons cuffs, is it possible to taper the sleeve so the cuff opening is smaller?

post #24745 of 33127

Okay, so my Johnston and Murphy Aragon II tassel loafers just arrived, and I promised I'd post some pictures.  

 

What I'm trying to figure out is if these shoes are actually full-grain leather, as they are advertised on the website (http://www.johnstonmurphy.com/product.aspx?pid=65489&search=aragon).  

 

I don't think I've ever actually seen a full-grain shoe (and if I did then I didn't know) so bear with me..

 

They do look a bit shiny and plasticky (I don't know if they're supposed to look like this), but the leather certainly feels nicer and less "plasticky" than my other shoes - Clarks Chilton Lace - which I happen to know ARE corrected grain.  

 

The evidence:

 

 

 

 

 

 

AppleMark

 

If anyone has any general comments on whether the leather does appear to be full-grain, whether it is good quality leather or just whether the shoe is good in general, please reply.  Thank you.  

 

P.S.  I know you all want to bash J&M - but they were $99, come on!

post #24746 of 33127

Is there a way to know how much the tailor can let the waist out? I gained some pounds and it was a bit tight before but definitely too tight now
Is 1-1.5 inches standard or is there an actual way to tell
post #24747 of 33127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade View Post


Is there a way to know how much the tailor can let the waist out? I gained some pounds and it was a bit tight before but definitely too tight now
Is 1-1.5 inches standard or is there an actual way to tell

You can tell by looking at how much margin there is on the inside.
post #24748 of 33127
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post

The shoulders look fine.

+1 it's the British cut, not a soft shouldered American / Italian style. A little shoulder overhang is often a good thing.


It's often the blind leading the blind in this thread...
post #24749 of 33127
Which black and white tie would you get first, houndstooth, or shepherd check?

Any reason or just personal preference?

J
post #24750 of 33127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ich_Dien View Post


+1 it's the British cut, not a soft shouldered American / Italian style. A little shoulder overhang is often a good thing.


It's often the blind leading the blind in this thread...

 

Because it is difficult to convey tone over the internet, I'd like to say firstly that I am genuinely asking you this, not being argumentative or defensive.

 

I know it is hard to tell from a picture online, unless there is blatant dimpling, but how do you personally determine the correct amount of overhang? I have always looked for minimal overhang, and have been under the impression that the strong British shoulders were built up, not out, and should still have minimal overhang.

 

A few of my suits (usually ones I've bought online) have a bit more overhang than I like, and while I don't look bad in them, I perpetually feel that they are like half a size too big.

 

J

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)