VISVIM. anyone have input on this? i know its SW&D but seems like the prices are quite high on these pieces? just rare?
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on 7/31/15 at 4:34am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on Today at 1:32 pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1650
Styleforum Top Pickspost #24737 of 3107311/21/13 at 11:07pmQuote:
Just cos it's casual doesn't mean it has to be cheap. From what I understand it's very well made, but I personally wouldn't spend the money on it. I don't know enough about casual wear to really comment on value though. Mark up obviously has a lot to do with exclusivity though.post #24738 of 3107311/22/13 at 3:31amQuote:
Should I get something done in the shoulder? Or just leave it as it is.
Thanks.post #24739 of 3107311/22/13 at 4:13ampost #24740 of 3107311/22/13 at 4:29ampost #24741 of 3107311/22/13 at 7:54ampost #24742 of 3107311/22/13 at 10:23ampost #24743 of 3107311/22/13 at 10:55amQuote:
If you want to go navy, I suggest a navy suit. Wear it with a white shirt, black shoes and a wedding tie.post #24744 of 3107311/22/13 at 11:02ampost #24745 of 3107311/22/13 at 11:10ampost #24746 of 3107311/22/13 at 2:36pmpost #24747 of 3107311/22/13 at 5:25pm
Okay, so my Johnston and Murphy Aragon II tassel loafers just arrived, and I promised I'd post some pictures.
What I'm trying to figure out is if these shoes are actually full-grain leather, as they are advertised on the website (http://www.johnstonmurphy.com/product.aspx?pid=65489&search=aragon).
I don't think I've ever actually seen a full-grain shoe (and if I did then I didn't know) so bear with me..
They do look a bit shiny and plasticky (I don't know if they're supposed to look like this), but the leather certainly feels nicer and less "plasticky" than my other shoes - Clarks Chilton Lace - which I happen to know ARE corrected grain.
If anyone has any general comments on whether the leather does appear to be full-grain, whether it is good quality leather or just whether the shoe is good in general, please reply. Thank you.
P.S. I know you all want to bash J&M - but they were $99, come on!post #24748 of 3107311/22/13 at 8:04pmpost #24749 of 3107311/22/13 at 8:14pmQuote:
You can tell by looking at how much margin there is on the inside.post #24750 of 3107311/22/13 at 10:59pm
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 second ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 7 seconds ago
- › Viberg Boots 1 minute ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 2 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › Brand New Epaulet Monochrome White Leather Hi Tops - Sz US 9 (EU 42) 6 minutes ago
- › Truman Boots 9 minutes ago
- › THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD 10 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...