Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Yesterday at 4:16 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on Today at 11:00 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 3:22 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 3:22 pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1611post #24151 of 3095110/26/13 at 10:20am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #24152 of 3095110/26/13 at 11:57amQuote:
Technically, under a three piece, braces are the only appropriate thing, since most belts cause bulges under the vest.post #24153 of 3095110/26/13 at 12:19pmQuote:
Exactly what I was trying to post earlier, but my iPad would not cooperate. Though, side-tab adjusters are an option, just quite rare outside of rental garments.post #24154 of 3095110/26/13 at 5:41pmpost #24155 of 3095110/26/13 at 9:34pmpost #24156 of 3095110/26/13 at 11:41pmQuote:
Jeans? Where is your Tuxedo, man! At the very least rise to a charcoal or navy suit eutg white shirt and solid tie.tpost #24157 of 3095110/27/13 at 12:48am
Can anyone point me in the direction of some good pre-made searches(ebay) for high end Men's dress shoes? I use to have some for suits..shirts and shoes but seem to have lost the bookmark. Right now I am only looking at Allen Edmonds and Aldens used on Ebay because my budget is about 100$ right now for this pair. If any of you guys could suggest for some other brands for me to search or a pre-made search that would be awesome.post #24158 of 3095110/27/13 at 5:53amQuote:Quote:
Quoted for truth. "Black washed jeans" -- the lady is wearing a dress, let alone one with fancy decorations, let alone in black, let alone LONG? Doesn't matter if it's heirloom-quality woven on the finest loom in all of Japan and you paid four figures for it; denim dropped off the list of acceptable trousers about three and a half notches back. Under the assumption that the blazer is nonnegotiable: I'd advise you to find some charcoal trousers, lace up your nicest black or burgundy shoes, find some silver cuff links, stick with a plain-ish shirt (maybe small check) and I think a navy or dark red silk knit tie.
You know, that’s just, like, my opinion, man... and I don't know anything about your own style or wardrobe options. But I'll tell you what, I bet she appreciates the hell out of it.post #24159 of 3095110/27/13 at 7:33ampost #24160 of 3095110/27/13 at 11:45ampost #24161 of 3095110/27/13 at 12:50pmQuote:
Ok, well I think enough people have made the point that jeans and a blazer is not the appropriate outfit to match your date. Not knowing what your budget is for adding other elements, it is hard to advise what you should do. If you can't afford to pick up anything new, and this is all you have to work with, keep it simple and classic with the shirt and tie. RandomAdam is spot on with his advice. Stay away from loud colours for the shirt. If you go with a pattern, I would say something grey or light blue (and I'm not even sure about that with black pants) on white. A grey bengal stripe might look good - I saw some nice looking ones at Nordstrom's last week. If you have it in your closet, or you can afford one, go for, as I said, a charcoal or darker navy suit. Either one of those suits is apprpriate for almost every occasion - weddings, funerals, job interviews, meetings, etc. And, each one can range from Business Casual, all the way through to Black Tie Optional.post #24162 of 3095110/27/13 at 1:56pmQuote:
I love jeans, I've worn jeans on new years eve with a velvet blazer, but this post hurt my soul.
You have a date in 2013 who will wear a long dress. Rise to the occasion.
Jpost #24163 of 3095110/27/13 at 2:50pmpost #24164 of 3095110/27/13 at 3:22pm
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 15 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 17 seconds ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 44 seconds ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 1 minute ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUN... 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Seconds - Salvagable? 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 10 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...