Can someone point me in a direction? Thanks
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Yesterday at 5:25 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1579post #23671 of 321909/25/13 at 7:05am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #23672 of 321909/25/13 at 7:09ampost #23673 of 321909/25/13 at 7:12amIn and of itself, it's not a big deal. It's generally just a sign that the shirt is well made as it is harder to do.
If your tailor is doing alterations to a single needle stitched shirt and replaces the stitches with doubles, find a new tailor. They should be able to put it back together like they found it.post #23674 of 321909/25/13 at 7:28ampost #23675 of 321909/25/13 at 7:57amQuote:Originally Posted by mimo
It's called "channeled stitching". A layer around the edge of the sole is peeled back, a little channel carved into the layer underneath, and the stitching is done inside the channel. Then the layer that was peeled back - about half an inch all the way around, is glued back down over the stitching which lies flush inside the channel.
Eventually, the layer of leather over the channel usually starts coming away or wears away, and then you'll start to see where the stitching is!
I have read this is called hidden channel stitching, since some goodyear welted shoes still have channeled stitching, but have the stitching exposed. A lot of people still do call this channeled stitching though and don't differentiate.post #23676 of 321909/25/13 at 7:58am
One of the very best, is William Lockie of Scotland. They use very fine cashmere, it takes the under-hair of 3 goats per each sweater and I think they even offer bespoke creations though I've not tried the service. They are very fine sweaters ideal for wearing over a shirt under a jacket, or they offer the chunky creations too, always in very fine quality.
On a more budget level but much less fine Marks & Spencer cashmere is great for anyone with long arms and washes impeccably on the wool programme. They probably don't contain too much fine under-hair , if any at all, but I've never had one that shrunk yet. You couldn't layer one with a suit though, they are more to wear as an outer sweater,
Moths do not respect highly-prized cashmere any better than the rest so I am disinclined to pay over 4 bills as well.post #23677 of 321909/25/13 at 8:14amEither my neck has gotten bigger from serious workouts, or the collars on some of my brooks brothers MTM shirts have shrunk some over the past couple of years, and now some of the older shirts (hence why I think the shirts shrunk, as the newer shirts still fit fine and I don't think they made the neck larger last time around) are about half an inch to an inch too snug. If I have the collars replaced, in the event i do need an inch more room in my neck, is that possible to do?
Thanks!post #23678 of 321909/25/13 at 2:19pmJust received my Brooks Brothers Fitzgerald suit in navy. I'm wondering if they sent me black?
I have a couple other navy suits but this one is noticeably darker than any other navy suit I have. I don't have a black suit to compare it to side to side though. Anyone else have a navy BB suit? Is it the darkest navy suit you have?post #23679 of 321909/25/13 at 2:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by StephenB
Just received my Brooks Brothers Fitzgerald suit in navy. I'm wondering if they sent me black?
I have a couple other navy suits but this one is noticeably darker than any other navy suit I have. I don't have a black suit to compare it to side to side though. Anyone else have a navy BB suit? Is it the darkest navy suit you have?
I have sold hundreds of them. BB 1818 with Trobaldo Togna fabric, I'll bet. That navy may look black until you put it next to something which actually is black. It is very dark.post #23680 of 321909/25/13 at 4:04pmpost #23681 of 321909/25/13 at 7:51pmpost #23682 of 321909/25/13 at 8:54pm
I think I've asked this somewhere here before but never got an answer.
I have very mismatched feet. I have hear it is common for people to have one foot slightly larger than the other but in my case it is so pronounced that I really should be wearing two differrent sizes. I think one is an 10.5F and the other 11D. Obviously there is no way I can afford bespoke. But if I purchase MTO from Crockett and Jones, Edward Green or the like, am I able to order shoes with different sizes for my feet or will I have to just get one standard sizing?post #23683 of 321909/25/13 at 9:44pmpost #23684 of 321909/25/13 at 10:11pmpost #23685 of 321909/26/13 at 8:38amQuote:Originally Posted by ovlov
I think I've asked this somewhere here before but never got an answer.
I have very mismatched feet. I have hear it is common for people to have one foot slightly larger than the other but in my case it is so pronounced that I really should be wearing two differrent sizes. I think one is an 10.5F and the other 11D. Obviously there is no way I can afford bespoke. But if I purchase MTO from Crockett and Jones, Edward Green or the like, am I able to order shoes with different sizes for my feet or will I have to just get one standard sizing?
Allen Edmonds. They allow different sizing for MTO shoes.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
- › LEMAIRE 24 seconds ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 34 seconds ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 47 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 1 minute ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 3 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 4 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › How do I obtain this fit? 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?