or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1576

post #23626 of 29428
Can a vest with besom pockets have darts put in? I remember hearing it's not do-able because of the pocket getting bunched up, but can't the pocket also be cut?
post #23627 of 29428
Attila Szomju is the best tailor in Richmond. Slim fit classic fit, no problem he is simply the best.
post #23628 of 29428
The front of the vest has no darts? ...yes it can be done, take it to Attila in Richmond , VA, he can do magic.
post #23629 of 29428
You see you can't use the screen name "the Hun" and then talk about a tailor named Attila and pretend it isn't you. Shoulda at least picked a different screen name.
post #23630 of 29428
Quote:
Originally Posted by E,TF View Post

You see you can't use the screen name "the Hun" and then talk about a tailor named Attila and pretend it isn't you. Shoulda at least picked a different screen name.

crackup[1].gif
post #23631 of 29428
Would guys call this quarter or half break?

33ej0ie.jpg
post #23632 of 29428
Personally I'd call that a full break.
post #23633 of 29428
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravenel View Post

Personally I'd call that a full break.

I thought full was is when the back of the pants leg is touching the leather heel. Halfway up the shoe upper is half break, no?

Also thinking my high instep and derby front shoes are having an effect on the break in the front. I think I may need to compensate by getting the pants hemmed on a slant.
post #23634 of 29428
Yeah, looking at it again, youre right, its not quite a full break. It's definitely on the full side of medium though, particularly in the front.
post #23635 of 29428
I wasn't aware the back of the pants mattered in the depth of break. You learn something new every day.
post #23636 of 29428

Hi guys, I was hoping that somebody could recommend a good and relatively inexpensive place for alterations in downtown Manhattan; I just got a dondup topcoat in the mail today and noticed that the sleeves were a tad bit too long. I understand that "inexpensive" and "NYC" generally don't mix all that well, but I'm currently a student which means that I'm perpetually short on cash.

 

Thanks in advance.

post #23637 of 29428

Can anyone tell me why collar gap is so apparent on this jacket? What can be done to make the collar hug the shirt collar tighter?

 

AppleMark

post #23638 of 29428
Quote:
Originally Posted by victoremque View Post

Hi guys, I was hoping that somebody could recommend a good and relatively inexpensive place for alterations in downtown Manhattan; I just got a dondup topcoat in the mail today and noticed that the sleeves were a tad bit too long. I understand that "inexpensive" and "NYC" generally don't mix all that well, but I'm currently a student which means that I'm perpetually short on cash.

Thanks in advance.

Take it to Attila in Richmond, VA!
post #23639 of 29428
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHD28 View Post

Can anyone tell me why collar gap is so apparent on this jacket? What can be done to make the collar hug the shirt collar tighter?

It's apparent because the jacket does not come remotely close to fitting you. Return it. Yesterday.

Seriously, it looks like the chest and shoulders of that jacket are 4 sizes larger than the rest of it.
post #23640 of 29428

This has been asked before (hoping for different answers), but can anyone recommend a good tailor in Savannah, GA? I've tried 2 with someone mixed results.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)