or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1568

post #23506 of 30347

I don't know.  But I guess it depends where you are: personally I like my specs and they fly all year round...anyway, some are obviously more summery than others: my calf./canvas oxfords are clearly for warm weather, but a double-soled cordovan and scotchgrain budapester (nice idea, eh?), would be a great winter shoe.

post #23507 of 30347
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

I don't know.  But I guess it depends where you are: personally I like my specs and they fly all year round...anyway, some are obviously more summery than others: my calf./canvas oxfords are clearly for warm weather, but a double-soled cordovan and scotchgrain budapester (nice idea, eh?), would be a great winter shoe.
Mine are something like this. Except with white suede and a cap toe. I live in NYC.

post #23508 of 30347

i love this jacket, but it's impossible to find now and honestly, i dont think i'd want to pay any more than $150:

http://www.filson.com/products/oil-finish-trucker-jacket.10502.html

 

anyone know of something similar? i don't necessarily need it to be made by a brand with a strong heritage like filson

post #23509 of 30347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceman Spliff View Post
 

i love this jacket, but it's impossible to find now and honestly, i dont think i'd want to pay any more than $150:

http://www.filson.com/products/oil-finish-trucker-jacket.10502.html

 

anyone know of something similar? i don't necessarily need it to be made by a brand with a strong heritage like filson

There are J Crew, Polo, Outback available in this eBay search.

post #23510 of 30347

Kensington, I don't know what the rules are, but I have to say white suede is quite delicate for anything other than a sunny day, and probably not suitable for evening.  But I personally can't see any reason not to pull these out on a bright, dry day in winter if it's mild enough for a blazer and chinos; even with a light cashmere thrown into the mix!

post #23511 of 30347

Just saw on Put this on (Trusted source)  http://putthison.com/post/60275065220/reviewing-two-new-shoe-companies-im-genuinely a brand that seams like a great option. Beckett Simonon is retailing Good Year Welted shoes starting at $115. Plus they are made out of Vegetable tanned full grain leather. Sounds like a great deal to me. I just pulled the trigger on their double Monk Straps.

post #23512 of 30347

Hello, can someone help me out? I just made an account and I am new to this website. I am currently a Junior in High School and would like to know what you guys would recommend as a "good outfit"? Just a few quick suggestions maybe? No one really dresses up at all in my school. The standard outfit in my grade is basically cargo shorts/basketball shorts, graphic t shirt, nike high socks with sport sandals. etc. I don't dress like this, and I am not afraid to dress different than everyone, so could someone give me some tips? How would you dress if you were my age? Footwear, shirts, pants, etc. I appreciate any answers...

post #23513 of 30347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis7NY View Post

Hello, can someone help me out? I just made an account and I am new to this website. I am currently a Junior in High School and would like to know what you guys would recommend as a "good outfit"? Just a few quick suggestions maybe? No one really dresses up at all in my school. The standard outfit in my grade is basically cargo shorts/basketball shorts, graphic t shirt, nike high socks with sport sandals. etc. I don't dress like this, and I am not afraid to dress different than everyone, so could someone give me some tips? How would you dress if you were my age? Footwear, shirts, pants, etc. I appreciate any answers...

You can dress well while dressing casually. Dark slim jeans, a striped polo, and casual leather shoes, like a pair of desert boots, for example.
post #23514 of 30347
Double post.
post #23515 of 30347

Thank you, that's similar to what I was going for. That is what I usually wear without the Desert Boots, but I planned on picking up a pair very soon.

post #23516 of 30347

I'm going to NY in Christmas for a few weeks and I know it's going to be freezing.

Thinking of keeping warm by layering so I will wear an undershirt, white/blue OCBD, sweater and peacoat. Maybe a navy blazer between the sweater and peacoat but I think that might be too many layers. 

 

My one dilemma is deciding which sweater to pack, I can only pack 2. I'm thinking of buying a grey cashmere sweater from Uniqlo when I get there so altogether I would have 3 sweaters.

 

Which one of these should I bring with me?

  1. Navy Cardigan - 50% Viscose, 45% Polyamide, 5% Angora
  2. Burgundy Cardigan - 80% Cotton, 15% Wool, 5% Angora
  3. Argyle Crewneck (thickest) - 95% Acrylic, 5% Wool
  4. Red V-Neck - 92% Cotton, 8% Cashmere

 

post #23517 of 30347
2 and 3. And buy a decent heavy wool one sometime.
post #23518 of 30347

Question: taupe wool trousers - an alternative to dress chinos, yay or nay? 

post #23519 of 30347
Quote:
Originally Posted by acinod View Post

I'm going to NY in Christmas for a few weeks and I know it's going to be freezing.
Thinking of keeping warm by layering so I will wear an undershirt, white/blue OCBD, sweater and peacoat. Maybe a navy blazer between the sweater and peacoat but I think that might be too many layers. 

My one dilemma is deciding which sweater to pack, I can only pack 2. I'm thinking of buying a grey cashmere sweater from Uniqlo when I get there so altogether I would have 3 sweaters.

Which one of these should I bring with me?
  1. Navy Cardigan - 50% Viscose, 45% Polyamide, 5% Angora
  2. Burgundy Cardigan - 80% Cotton, 15% Wool, 5% Angora
  3. Argyle Crewneck (thickest) - 95% Acrylic, 5% Wool
  4. Red V-Neck - 92% Cotton, 8% Cashmere



FUCK, I CAN'T HANDLE THE STRESS
post #23520 of 30347
Quote:
Originally Posted by acinod View Post

I'm going to NY in Christmas for a few weeks and I know it's going to be freezing.
Thinking of keeping warm by layering so I will wear an undershirt, white/blue OCBD, sweater and peacoat. Maybe a navy blazer between the sweater and peacoat but I think that might be too many layers. 

My one dilemma is deciding which sweater to pack, I can only pack 2. I'm thinking of buying a grey cashmere sweater from Uniqlo when I get there so altogether I would have 3 sweaters.

Which one of these should I bring with me?
  1. Navy Cardigan - 50% Viscose, 45% Polyamide, 5% Angora
  2. Burgundy Cardigan - 80% Cotton, 15% Wool, 5% Angora
  3. Argyle Crewneck (thickest) - 95% Acrylic, 5% Wool
  4. Red V-Neck - 92% Cotton, 8% Cashmere


I'd say 2 & 4. Cashmere is rad in the cold because it will keep you warmer than any other sweater of the same weight. If you find a way to pick up another before your trip, I think that is your best bet.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)