Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on 7/2/15 at 4:16am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on Today at 8:07 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 3:05 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 10:11 am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1548post #23206 of 309548/19/13 at 4:01pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #23207 of 309548/19/13 at 5:59pm
"Studies show that men in black suits are 2% less likely to abduct children than are men in charcoal suits. Chase cares about our children's safety. Don't you?"post #23208 of 309548/19/13 at 7:21pmQuote:The water's under the bridge. You should have come to this forum before you bought those suits man. Like the post above me, I too recommend Brooks Brothers. Just have one nice suit rather than plain garbage for $900. Yikes. Come here for advice before u buy something again. This place has some great people who will give u sound advice.Originally Posted by kevinwang1219
I've been really following a lot of forums regarding suits and style, but now I think I made a bad decision. I am 23 years old with a banker position, so I need suits on a daily basis. People say that Jos. Bank suits don't last and have a VERY boxy look. I am 6'0, 190 lbs with an athletic build and broad shoulders. In my opinion, my shoulders look extremely big with the new suits I just purchased, but my mom and gf said I am just paranoid.
I got the deal where it is 70% off and if you buy 3, you get 1 for free. I thought that was a great deal and since I need a suit 5 days out of the week, and 4 suits seem really appealing. But like with every suit I need it altered and can imagine each suit costing around 110 to 150 in alterations. I can stick a lot more than a fist in my jacket.
I just want to know my options. I just spent 900 dollars on 4 suits but I really don't like the boxy look and can still return them since i didn't do any alterations to them. I just bought it today and am regretting my decision. I have 1 suit in my closet from high school that I can still wear for now because I start the job tomorrow, but I would like opinions on the route to go.post #23209 of 309548/19/13 at 7:24pmpost #23210 of 309548/19/13 at 7:39pmQuote:If you like how your shoes fit, and you like how they look, then you have no problem.
Please don't let a department store salesperson cause you to second guess yourself.post #23211 of 309548/19/13 at 7:43pmpost #23212 of 309548/20/13 at 9:12ampost #23213 of 309548/20/13 at 9:19ampost #23214 of 309548/20/13 at 9:26amQuote:
I got everyone different ties in my groom's party. They are to wear the day of my wedding, so they aren't really a gift, as it is quite self serving. I also bought them cheap ones from www.thetiebar.com (though, nice patterns, good selection; will tell you about quality in a few days!) I sent each of them a selection of photos of ties that I would be happy with them wearing, and told them each to pick one. There was one I was disappointed no one wanted, which speaks to Michael's point. Anyway, If you approach it that way, then if a guy needs a longer tie, he'll probably tell you.post #23215 of 309548/20/13 at 9:27amQuote:
Thanks. Seeing about getting some made on Etsy - found a good deal and will post a review on here later, if they're worthwhile - as I need 7 for my wedding and was hoping not to pay $25 or $40 each. But, anyway, may need to give very specific instructions to the woman who makes them.post #23216 of 309548/20/13 at 10:10amLuckily I only have 3 groomsmen. Keeps costs down. The stuff brides worry about is crazy. She wants me to have all the groomsmen buy the same white shirt so the whites aren't slightly different in photos. I'm hoping to talk her out of this because I want to wear a more expensive shirt than I'd be comfortable asking people to buy.
I really wish there were more photos of SF members' weddings that I could show her as a proof-of-concept.post #23217 of 309548/20/13 at 10:12amQuote:Originally Posted by Van Veen
Luckily I only have 3 groomsmen. Keeps costs down. The stuff brides worry about is crazy. She wants me to have all the groomsmen buy the same white shirt so the whites aren't slightly different in photos. I'm hoping to talk her out of this because I want to wear a more expensive shirt than I'd be comfortable asking people to buy.
I really wish there were more photos of SF members' weddings that I could show her as a proof-of-concept.
Well if your wedding is after August 31st, you can refer her to my photos, of three guys in three different grey suits, with three different grey toned ties, wearing whichever white shirt they chose to buy, or already had.post #23218 of 309548/20/13 at 10:37amQuote:Originally Posted by ImTheGroomQuote:
Thanks, that actually might help. If I remember this, I will PM you about it.post #23219 of 309548/20/13 at 10:43ampost #23220 of 309548/20/13 at 10:48am
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 41 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 5 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 9 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 13 minutes ago
- › RL Black Label to merge with Purple Label 14 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 16 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 16 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...