Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 4:29 am in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 2/22/15 at 7:08am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 7:04 am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:16 am in Classic Menswear
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1542
Styleforum Top Pickspost #23117 of 301688/9/13 at 11:39pmpost #23118 of 301688/10/13 at 7:52am
I am reviving this old vintage Florsheim post as a new member here ( im on a lot of vintage watch forums so I know my way around some vintage blogs). I am only asking the basic question: Do these vintage 70s facsimile of the Florsheim Kenmoor Imperial in the O'Sullivan "Imperiale' and the Bostonian line stack up in basic quality to the Florsheim? Or was Florsheim tops? Is the whole 'v' cleat heel and 5 nail sole something that was copied by many US shoe manufacterers to capitalize on the Florsheim or just SOP for decent US shoes?
top: Bostonian circa 70s w 'v' cleat and 5 nail sole, 'Benchmade' , Same 'florsheim' style cartouche, all leather /full grain tops etc,
O'sullivans Imperial also supposed to be 70s maybe early 80s, worn once, otherwise pristine. full grain with white rubber 'logo' heel insert, same 'florsheim' style cartouche, goodyear welt on both. Are these the 'real deal' in terms of US made vintage quality gunboat wingtips? I paid just under $70 for both from 2 different sellers. I am not too worried if I make a mistake as I know I can always wear them to work in my shop.post #23119 of 301688/10/13 at 8:51am
I am looking to buy my first suit. I've spent enough time on this forum to learn the importance of fit, and I've learned that very few things fit me well off the rack. My biggest problem is that I am, for lack of a better term, "curvy" from lifting weights for a decade. My shoulders are very slopey, and my traps add a curve to this slope. My deltoids are rounded out. My drop is around 9". In order to get pants to fit me well they almost always have to be taken in at the waist. etc.
What are my options for finding something that doesn't fit like trash? Are there any places in Chicago I could go to for a MTM or even bespoke suit? How much should I expect to spend on getting a suit to fit me very well? I'm willing to pay a good chunk.
Thanks for any help.post #23120 of 301688/10/13 at 9:15ampost #23121 of 301688/10/13 at 10:37ampost #23122 of 301688/10/13 at 3:39pm
Looking for my next suit - Charcoal Grey. What would you say is my best option?
1 - Mr. Fields in DC (Truly Custom made) - about 8 weeks(?)
2 - Zegna (Trofeo 11mm11) - 1 week
3 - Tom Ford - 1 week (+$500 more than Zegna)
This should be a no brainer, but just thut I asked before I pulled the trigger. I've been wearing Zegna for awhile and like "the look" that they have...basically, I know what I am getting from them. Tom Ford, I believe I may stick out like a sore thumb walking around in a TF suit in the Capitol Hill area.post #23123 of 301688/10/13 at 3:46pmpost #23124 of 301688/10/13 at 8:56pmpost #23125 of 301688/10/13 at 9:52pmpost #23126 of 301688/10/13 at 11:13pmpost #23127 of 301688/11/13 at 3:18ampost #23128 of 301688/11/13 at 12:54pm
I don't know if this is a stupid question or not, but here goes. I am going to buy a leather hooded bomber jacket, and I wanted to know if I should go with pitch black or dark chocolate brown. I am 6 foot 2 and fair skinned with dark brown hair and grey-blue eyes (no idea if that changes anything). Which colour should I go with? Thanks!post #23129 of 301688/11/13 at 1:16pmQuote:There's no substitute for trying them on and seeing for yourself which look you prefer. (And bomber jackets are sufficiently popular that you can almost certainly find a black one and a brown one to try on. Even if they're not identical to the one you're thinking of buying, they'll at least give you some idea.)Which colour should I go with?
That having been said, I prefer brown leather to black, for myself. I'm a big guy, and that - perhaps combined with some factor(s) having to do with my facial features or coloration or whatever - can sometimes make me look somewhere between intimidating and thuggish in a black leather jacket. This is not a look to which I aspire. It's not a significant problem with brown leather, however.
Maybe this is a relevant consideration for you. Maybe it isn't. But I thought I'd mention it.
BTW, I bought an Orient Bambino wristwatch, about an hour ago. It's got a black dial. It doesn't make my over-sized wrists look thuggish.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Villarreal vs Barcelona live streaming 5 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 30 seconds ago
- › Lazio vs SSC Napoli live streaming online 36 seconds ago
- › LIVE=HD TV=Watch Stoke vs Everton live stream 37 seconds ago
- › SOLD! 3/2 dropNWT RLPL Olive Tweed Sport Coat - 42r 1 minute ago
- › Liverpool vs Burnley live streaming online England – Premier League 1 minute ago
- › West Ham United vs Chelsea live streaming online England – Premier... 1 minute ago
- › HOT=HD TV=Watch QPR vs Arsenal live stream 1 minute ago
- › Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea City live streaming online England –... 1 minute ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 1 minute ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...