Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 5:07 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Grant Stone
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1541post #23101 of 324858/8/13 at 7:52ampost #23102 of 324858/8/13 at 8:02ampost #23103 of 324858/8/13 at 10:25amQuote:Originally Posted by rudals1281
How are RLBL shoes regarded? I have a pair and I am happy with them. I would like to get another cap toe under for $600~$1,000. Any suggestions? Tramezza? Botched spelling fo sho~
I can't speak from personal experience, but according to this thread (http://www.styleforum.net/t/94886/ralph-lauren-lines-and-who-makes-what-a-definitive-guide/0_100), albeit a bit old, RLBL shoes are made by Crockett&Jones, which is highly esteemed here - check if they are "Made in England". If they are made in Italy, I don't know the maker.
Also check this:Quote:Originally Posted by sartort
If Ralph Lauren is in script, followed by "Made In England" = Edward Green If Ralph Lauren is in block letters, followed by "Made in England" = Crockett & Jones If Polo is followed by "Benchmade in England" = Crockett & Jones If Ralph Lauren is in block letters the shoes are usually made in Italy by a mystery maker, perhaps Sutor as mentioned previously.
Budget of $600-$1000 gives you access to most RTW brands - Edward Green, G&G, Crockett&Jones handgrade, Vass, ... Ideally you should go for what you can try on.post #23104 of 324858/8/13 at 10:32amCould someone offer me advice on quality for Brooks Brothers for Jeffrey clothing?
Specifically... these pants. http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/brooks-brothers-by-jeffrey-wool-trousers/3449003
The fit is great, however I'm curious about it being unlined, and its slight see through nature against light although not while wearing. http://i.imgur.com/XRztZKG.jpg
My issue is cost versus quality ratio. Paid about ~120 , which is on the highest end of my dress pants budget.
Thanks in advance!post #23105 of 324858/8/13 at 11:28ampost #23106 of 324858/8/13 at 12:05pm
Polo University Club line? Anyone know anything about the brand / quality? I found a jacket thrifting that was one size too small for me, but seemed solid aside from that. I see a few jackets going for pretty cheap on eBay, so I know it doesn't rank up with RL's luxury stuff. I was mostly just curious about the brand itself, as it's a Polo line I'm not familiar with. Thanks.post #23107 of 324858/8/13 at 12:06pmpost #23108 of 324858/8/13 at 12:43pmHey guys I've been looking for a certain coat for quite a while. You might think this one is actually rather widespread but since i am looking for this one in particular it is hard to find for me. I really strive to acquire this coat once I find the exact same one but unfortunately I can't. Please help me out, I am really desperate, for I have been doing alot of research without success.
So here is the article of clothing I am talking about:
Edited by -zero - 8/8/13 at 3:16pmpost #23109 of 324858/8/13 at 3:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by minervau
I'd guess 15/32 or possibly a 14.5/32 or thereabouts. I am 5'8" 150 and wear a 15.5/32, for reference.
In previous shirt brands, what have your neck and sleeve length measurements been?
The thing to keep in mind with shirt measurements (perhaps this is just stating the obvious) is that the neck has to fit, and the sleeve length is pegged to the length of your arms, so those are the only two dimensions that you need to know. Whether the shirt fits your body or not is a product of the maker's cut and cannot be fixed by dropping to a different size of neck or sleeve, since those will just fit you wrong in those two elements.
My suggestion is to buy one shirt with a neck and sleeve length that is right for you, and hope it fits well. I've found that Tyrwhitt ESF is slimmer fitting than Brooks ESF, for what it's worth, and a more athletic cut (more drop between chest and waist). If you are skinny-skinny with relatively little drop, then Brooks ESF may actually be better.
Went to Brook Brothers today and tried on an 14.5/32 in their esf
Should be the same in Charles tyrwhitt?post #23110 of 324858/8/13 at 4:05pmpost #23111 of 324858/8/13 at 4:26pmpost #23112 of 324858/8/13 at 4:32pmHere it is even better visible pls help me guys
It is noticeable that it has two pockets on the left.
I can even provide a video:
Edited by -zero - 8/8/13 at 4:57pmpost #23113 of 324858/9/13 at 8:35pm
Any short guys know where I could find a shirt with 30-31 inch sleeves. I know this makes it a little tougher, but I have quite a wide chest (35 inches), so if anybody could recommend a shirt that won't suffocate me, it would be wonderful.
Trying to avoid alterations and I live in the South Florida area, if that helps.
Edited by helpme9999 - 8/9/13 at 11:43pmpost #23114 of 324858/9/13 at 10:23pmpost #23115 of 324858/9/13 at 11:39pm
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 41 seconds ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 3 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread 8 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 12 minutes ago
- › 5/2/2016 - 5/20/2016 SW&D Challenge: Rainwear 18 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 23 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 38 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 42 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 42 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 42 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts