Glad to hear it, thanks! I am driving myself nuts trying to get the proportions right for my wedding. Is the shirt sleeve length good too?
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 5:55 pm in Classic Menswear
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 1:37 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 5/14/15 at 3:36am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 7:25 am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1541
Styleforum Top Pickspost #23102 of 307138/8/13 at 7:39ampost #23103 of 307138/8/13 at 7:52ampost #23104 of 307138/8/13 at 8:02ampost #23105 of 307138/8/13 at 10:25amQuote:Originally Posted by rudals1281
How are RLBL shoes regarded? I have a pair and I am happy with them. I would like to get another cap toe under for $600~$1,000. Any suggestions? Tramezza? Botched spelling fo sho~
I can't speak from personal experience, but according to this thread (http://www.styleforum.net/t/94886/ralph-lauren-lines-and-who-makes-what-a-definitive-guide/0_100), albeit a bit old, RLBL shoes are made by Crockett&Jones, which is highly esteemed here - check if they are "Made in England". If they are made in Italy, I don't know the maker.
Also check this:Quote:Originally Posted by sartort
If Ralph Lauren is in script, followed by "Made In England" = Edward Green If Ralph Lauren is in block letters, followed by "Made in England" = Crockett & Jones If Polo is followed by "Benchmade in England" = Crockett & Jones If Ralph Lauren is in block letters the shoes are usually made in Italy by a mystery maker, perhaps Sutor as mentioned previously.
Budget of $600-$1000 gives you access to most RTW brands - Edward Green, G&G, Crockett&Jones handgrade, Vass, ... Ideally you should go for what you can try on.post #23106 of 307138/8/13 at 10:32amCould someone offer me advice on quality for Brooks Brothers for Jeffrey clothing?
Specifically... these pants. http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/brooks-brothers-by-jeffrey-wool-trousers/3449003
The fit is great, however I'm curious about it being unlined, and its slight see through nature against light although not while wearing. http://i.imgur.com/XRztZKG.jpg
My issue is cost versus quality ratio. Paid about ~120 , which is on the highest end of my dress pants budget.
Thanks in advance!post #23107 of 307138/8/13 at 11:28ampost #23108 of 307138/8/13 at 12:05pm
Polo University Club line? Anyone know anything about the brand / quality? I found a jacket thrifting that was one size too small for me, but seemed solid aside from that. I see a few jackets going for pretty cheap on eBay, so I know it doesn't rank up with RL's luxury stuff. I was mostly just curious about the brand itself, as it's a Polo line I'm not familiar with. Thanks.post #23109 of 307138/8/13 at 12:06pmpost #23110 of 307138/8/13 at 12:43pmHey guys I've been looking for a certain coat for quite a while. You might think this one is actually rather widespread but since i am looking for this one in particular it is hard to find for me. I really strive to acquire this coat once I find the exact same one but unfortunately I can't. Please help me out, I am really desperate, for I have been doing alot of research without success.
So here is the article of clothing I am talking about:
Edited by -zero - 8/8/13 at 3:16pmpost #23111 of 307138/8/13 at 3:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by minervau
I'd guess 15/32 or possibly a 14.5/32 or thereabouts. I am 5'8" 150 and wear a 15.5/32, for reference.
In previous shirt brands, what have your neck and sleeve length measurements been?
The thing to keep in mind with shirt measurements (perhaps this is just stating the obvious) is that the neck has to fit, and the sleeve length is pegged to the length of your arms, so those are the only two dimensions that you need to know. Whether the shirt fits your body or not is a product of the maker's cut and cannot be fixed by dropping to a different size of neck or sleeve, since those will just fit you wrong in those two elements.
My suggestion is to buy one shirt with a neck and sleeve length that is right for you, and hope it fits well. I've found that Tyrwhitt ESF is slimmer fitting than Brooks ESF, for what it's worth, and a more athletic cut (more drop between chest and waist). If you are skinny-skinny with relatively little drop, then Brooks ESF may actually be better.
Went to Brook Brothers today and tried on an 14.5/32 in their esf
Should be the same in Charles tyrwhitt?post #23112 of 307138/8/13 at 4:05pmpost #23113 of 307138/8/13 at 4:26pmpost #23114 of 307138/8/13 at 4:32pmHere it is even better visible pls help me guys
It is noticeable that it has two pockets on the left.
I can even provide a video:
Edited by -zero - 8/8/13 at 4:57pmpost #23115 of 307138/9/13 at 8:35pm
Any short guys know where I could find a shirt with 30-31 inch sleeves. I know this makes it a little tougher, but I have quite a wide chest (35 inches), so if anybody could recommend a shirt that won't suffocate me, it would be wonderful.
Trying to avoid alterations and I live in the South Florida area, if that helps.
Edited by helpme9999 - 8/9/13 at 11:43pm
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › God+91-9001354274 love astrologer In Tonk Rajasthan 27 seconds ago
- › God+91-9001354274 love astrologer In Surat Gujarat 32 seconds ago
- › God+91-9001354274 love astrologer In Sujangarh Rajasthan 37 seconds ago
- › God+91-9001354274 love astrologer In Barmer 48 seconds ago
- › FReE OnliNE AStroLOGER in Bikaner Rajasthan +91-8239910405 ... 54 seconds ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 1 minute ago
- › God+91-9001354274 love astrologer In Ranchi Jharkhand 1 minute ago
- › God+91-9001354274 love astrologer In Jaisalmer 1 minute ago
- › God+91-9001354274 love astrologer In Sikkim 2 minutes ago
- › FReE OnliNE AStroLOGER in Alwar Rajasthan +91-8239910405 2 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan