or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1539

post #23071 of 31193

Looking for a brown leather messenger bag that will carry a 13'' macbook, a few notebooks. Any suggestions under 150$?

post #23072 of 31193
Thoughts on the fit of this? Thinking of bringing the sleeves up a bit and taking some out below the pit and around the waist. Also, top button undone or buttoned? Took pics of both for ideas.




Edited by Superfluous Man - 8/4/13 at 8:01pm
post #23073 of 31193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post

Thoughts on the fit of this? Thinking of bringing the sleeves up a bit and taking some out below the pit and around the waist. Also, top button undone or buttoned? Took pics of both for ideas.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



 

Looks good.  Depending on your preferences, you can shorten the sleeve hems a 1/4".  The jacket is designed as a 3R2, so button only the middle.  As a side note, button your button down collar.

post #23074 of 31193
Thanks. I wore the button down under it for the photo only; I wouldn't leave the house with the collar looking like that smile.gif
post #23075 of 31193
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellsbebc View Post

Looks good.  Depending on your preferences, you can shorten the sleeve hems a 1/4".  The jacket is designed as a 3R2, so button only the middle. 

+1
post #23076 of 31193
Quote:
Originally Posted by firubi View Post

Any idea of where to get one like this?

The pic is from the Pitti Uomo GQ shots taken in Florence (I think so).

May be it is bespoke but could be any of you know something about this SC (shooting jacket)

I have been looking for it but no luck, any clue about where to find one???







Thanks in advance


Hi to all, I am still looking for this jacket, any new idea of where to find it?

Thanks
post #23077 of 31193
does anyone know of an alterations tailor in London [with a shopfront, rather than via a tailor] who can sew excellent buttonholes, perhaps up to SR quality?
post #23078 of 31193
Quote:
Originally Posted by firubi View Post

Hi to all, I am still looking for this jacket, any new idea of where to find it?

Thanks

That jacket is very clearly bespoke.
post #23079 of 31193

Hey guys I just notice this tear on my loafers, should I take these in to the cobbler immediately? Is it just a simple resole? Also should I have gotten a resole earlier based on how much wear there is now? Thanks!

 

post #23080 of 31193

hey guys, i'm "security guarding it" (navy blazer, light blue shirt, gray trousers) this weekend.  my additional options are:

a. walnut strands with belt, b. black park avenues with belt, c. black or burgundy tie.

 

what do you think?

post #23081 of 31193
Quote:
Originally Posted by red81 View Post

hey guys, i'm "security guarding it" (navy blazer, light blue shirt, gray trousers) this weekend.  my additional options are:

a. walnut strands with belt, b. black park avenues with belt, c. black or burgundy tie.

 

what do you think?

 

Don't do the Park Avenues. These are the quintessential business-formal suit shoe, and, IMO, don't look great with odd jackets. The burgundy tie should look fine.
post #23082 of 31193
Quote:
Originally Posted by red81 View Post

hey guys, i'm "security guarding it" (navy blazer, light blue shirt, gray trousers) this weekend.  my additional options are:
a. walnut strands with belt, b. black park avenues with belt, c. black or burgundy tie.

what do you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by msulinski View Post

Don't do the Park Avenues. These are the quintessential business-formal suit shoe, and, IMO, don't look great with odd jackets. The burgundy tie should look fine.

I was thinking the same. Of what you posted, a summer weekend just screams for walnut strands and a tie with some color to it.
post #23083 of 31193
I'm asking this feeling like I already know the answer...

I picked up a RLBL navy linen blazer online in my usual size and sleeves need to be shortened a touch, shoulders fit well, but the chest is a bit snug and constricting. When I lift my arms outward, the lapels bow outward, etc.

Can that be altered by a good tailor or is it either too costly or too labor intensive and risking throwing off the balance of the jacket overall?
post #23084 of 31193
Quote:
Originally Posted by TM79 View Post

I'm asking this feeling like I already know the answer...

I picked up a RLBL navy linen blazer online in my usual size and sleeves need to be shortened a touch, shoulders fit well, but the chest is a bit snug and constricting. When I lift my arms outward, the lapels bow outward, etc.

Can that be altered by a good tailor or is it either too costly or too labor intensive and risking throwing off the balance of the jacket overall?

I have 2 RLBL and believe that is one of the distinct features of RLBL suits. I think the cost will be a bit high to fix that. What size are you?

post #23085 of 31193
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudals1281 View Post

I have 2 RLBL and believe that is one of the distinct features of RLBL suits. I think the cost will be a bit high to fix that. What size are you?

40R almost always - 40L once in a great while
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)