how many posts on this forum until you have access to your full profile?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on Today at 11:25 am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN Hall of Fame: pre-2010 Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:09am in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1536post #23026 of 296908/1/13 at 8:50am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #23027 of 296908/1/13 at 9:53ampost #23028 of 296908/1/13 at 9:55amQuote:Originally Posted by othertravel
$800 is probably a little steep for a Hickey Freeman. For the same price, you can find an RLBL or even RLPL (through SF of course). Other options in the $800 range include Caruso, Corneliani, Samuelsohn, RL Polo and possibly Isaia. You could probably even find Zegna mainline for that price.
Thanks for the response! Man, is half off retail still really too much for a fully-canvassed HF? I see references to all these great deals, but haven't had much luck locating them. (I see lots of discount HF at Last Call & the Rack, but those are always the half-canvassed lines). I did see a lot of attractive Belvest suits on eBay; unfortunately, I fear they'll be too heavy for the Texas heat.post #23029 of 296908/1/13 at 10:43amQuote:Originally Posted by UTfootball747
Thanks for the response! Man, is half off retail still really too much for a fully-canvassed HF? I see references to all these great deals, but haven't had much luck locating them. (I see lots of discount HF at Last Call & the Rack, but those are always the half-canvassed lines). I did see a lot of attractive Belvest suits on eBay; unfortunately, I fear they'll be too heavy for the Texas heat.
I think Burberry has gone fused. The suits last year had a half canvass, but I couldn't find any canvassing for their suits this year.
Paul Smith is another good option, and it's definitely half canvassed.post #23030 of 296908/1/13 at 11:02ampost #23031 of 296908/1/13 at 11:46am
How do these Kenilworths look? My best offer was accepted, I just want to know if I got hosed. They look to be in really good condition. My offer was between $100-150.post #23032 of 296908/1/13 at 11:57amQuote:Originally Posted by enjay
How do these Kenilworths look? My best offer was accepted, I just want to know if I got hosed. They look to be in really good condition. My offer was between $100-150.
They look like they're in decent shape (barely worn).post #23033 of 296908/1/13 at 12:01pmpost #23034 of 296908/1/13 at 12:07pm
I'm quite happy with the price I paid (135, no reason to be vague, I'm paying for them), and I really nice a nice pair of brown bluchers. I just hope they fit. I wear a 12E in the 8 last, and an AE customer service rep said I might be okay with that same size on the 5 as they both lean long/narrow. Not terribly worried though, I can resell them if they don't fit. God I hope they do though, because I really like them.
Edit: Forgot to quote the two posts above. Thanks guys.post #23035 of 296908/2/13 at 2:33amProbably answered before but couldn't find the right answer:
I'm getting new tuxedo pants tailored and have worn them with sidetabs in the past. I'd like to wear suspenders now but am unsure whether side tabs are still warranted or whether its stylistically appropriate to wear tux pants both with sidetabs AND suspenders.
Many thankspost #23036 of 296908/2/13 at 4:40ampost #23037 of 296908/2/13 at 5:09ampost #23038 of 296908/2/13 at 5:50amHi!
I have ordered a test shirt from an italian MTM shirt maker, and I have some rumples on my chest.
Is it too slim on the chest area? Or is it my posture that makes the rumples? Maybe too small armhole? Any suggestions on alterations for my next shirt?
Anything would be appreciated.
Sincerely Maxpost #23039 of 296908/2/13 at 7:18am
Looking for some advice... I am going to a wedding at the end of this month and trying to pull off this look.
I currently have this suit below and Allen Edmonds McAllistors in Walnut
The questions I have:
What tie would go with a light yellow shirt?
Should I stick with a black and white checkered pocket square?
Is it ok to go to a wedding without socks... if not what color socks should I pair up?
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › What would you wear today? 2 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE Jan 30, 2015: A study in stripes, part deux 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 9 minutes ago
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 10 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 10 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Necktie Appreciation Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Folded Up Shirt P0rn 14 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › Sneakers for Boot People
- › The Pleasures and Perils of the Long Coat
- › Professor Fabulous Returns to the Closet
- › Why Styleforum Matters
- › The Pittilogues: Pitti Uomo 87, Day 0
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays