I haven't seen an LMGTFY link in like a year.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 4:04 pm in Classic Menswear
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 2:17 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 5/14/15 at 3:36am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 5:53 pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1534post #22996 of 307137/30/13 at 9:17am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #22997 of 307137/30/13 at 5:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by crusey
I have seen a few posts recommending Land's End and I had been eyeing it a bit. It looks like their charcoal wool pants are on sale right now for right about $80. I don't necessarily need them right away but probably in 1.5-2 months, do you think I should go ahead and pull the trigger for that or is it in my best interest to wait for a better sale within that time frame?
Lands' End has a 30% off sale at least once a month. You should probably wait, especially if you don't need them so urgently.Quote:
I only go to BR if I can't find the item that I want at Lands' End, Brooks Brothers, Club Monaco, or even J Crew. That said, I have been going to BR a lot lately because quality seems to be trending up. Also, considering OP's need, BR may well be one of the best choices for him because it offers the right fit, styling, and accessibility for a slim college guy.post #22998 of 307137/30/13 at 6:29pmpost #22999 of 307137/30/13 at 7:04pmpost #23000 of 307137/31/13 at 1:13amQuote:
I think a black nato would look better myself. I have similar pilot watch with a black face that I wear with a black braided nato sometimes, looks great.post #23001 of 307137/31/13 at 5:06ampost #23002 of 307137/31/13 at 9:05amQuote:Originally Posted by sinnedk
so i have 3 options (see spoiler) to go with, the poca dot seems to stick out best, any thoughts on below or am i completely off with these?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The small check is great, the dots are pretty good, the thick stripe is somewhat questionable. I think you are getting the idea great by youtself.post #23003 of 307137/31/13 at 9:29amQuote:
I think a grey NATO strap with that watch would be fine. You may also want to go with something in colors, perhaps a Bond grey and black NATO.post #23004 of 307137/31/13 at 3:53pmpost #23005 of 307137/31/13 at 4:00pmpost #23006 of 307137/31/13 at 4:15pmQuote:No.
Charts for converting sizes: http://www.us-militarysurplus.com/new_scart/US-MilitarySurplusSizes.asppost #23007 of 307137/31/13 at 5:13pm
Can alterations fix this: lapels bow out, belly stretches forward, diagonal wrinkles on shoulder, vertical wrinkles on back (photos below)? How hard/expensive is it to fix? The issue occurs with all OTR suits for which the shoulder width fits (tried dozens). If I hunch my shoulders forward, the problem mostly goes away.post #23008 of 307137/31/13 at 5:14pmpost #23009 of 307137/31/13 at 5:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by Undone
Can alterations fix this: lapels bow out, belly stretches forward, diagonal wrinkles on shoulder, vertical wrinkles on back (photos below)? How hard/expensive is it to fix? The issue occurs with all OTR suits for which the shoulder width fits (tried dozens). If I hunch my shoulders forward, the problem mostly goes away. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
You have a weirdly erect posture. Do you actually stand like that, are are you just doing it for photos? Because if that's not actually how you stand, relax and try looking at the fit again. Jackets are made to fit an average posture, not somebody who looks like he's standing at attention all day.
If it's not just an issue of you pretending to stand more erect than you actually do for whatever reason, you're probably going to have to have suits custom made.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The Official BLUE BLUE JAPAN thread - all things indigo, many... 1 minute ago
- › Things you just don't get 1 minute ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 3 minutes ago
- › Do Edward Green Top Drawer Shoes Fit Different Than EG RTW??? 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 4 minutes ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 6 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 10 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan