It's congnac? Colored shoe from Aldo
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 11:52 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1530post #22936 of 331257/25/13 at 11:08pmpost #22937 of 331257/26/13 at 1:16am
Is this the shoe you're talking about?
Edit: By the way, post a link and picture(s) in your first post asking about an item if you have a specific one in mind. It will lead to quicker and more helpful responses.post #22938 of 331257/26/13 at 3:09amQuote:
Do you have a credit card? Buy all of the suits early in the billing cycle. Keep the one you want, send the rest back. You should never have to shell out actual cash for the suits you returned.post #22939 of 331257/26/13 at 3:19amQuote:Originally Posted by JezeC
New to the tie game since my work is business casual.
Is this tie worth 35 bucks?
http://dappered.com/2013/07/bonobos-extra-30-off-sale-items-the-picks/ (scroll down to venetian tie)
I'm looking to build a semi lean collection, so something say...less than 10 ties.
If not, can somebody steer me in the right direction. At what price point is the sweet spot to pay per tie?
Don't know about the quality of this one, but if you're aiming for less than 10 ties, I would definitely not choose this design. I'd start with a few solid-colored grenadines, one or two knit ties, some classic reps and a few small printed florals.post #22940 of 331257/26/13 at 4:03ampost #22941 of 331257/26/13 at 7:01ampost #22942 of 331257/26/13 at 8:25am
Thank you for all of the responses. I do have a credit card so buying a couple sizes from Suitsupply is possible since I will never personally be out the cash. Can I get a decent suit at Dillards? Or should that be a last resort? Also, what is a good place to get my measurements done and to have tailored in my area? Should I find a local place or will a chain store also provide that service even if I do not buy from them?
Thanks again!post #22943 of 331257/26/13 at 8:33amWhat are the collective thoughts on corduroy trousers? I really do not like chinos (really do not like), I have my share of well maintained jeans, but would like to get some options for dress-down, business (office) casual. I am looking at the BB Clark fit corduroy; any general opinions of comments specific to the BB's?
I am open to any other recommendation, please? (price is not a significant concern)...Thanks, jtbpost #22944 of 331257/26/13 at 8:40ampost #22945 of 331257/26/13 at 8:56ampost #22946 of 331257/26/13 at 9:08ampost #22947 of 331257/26/13 at 12:57pmpost #22948 of 331257/26/13 at 1:04pm
Bought my first pair of AEs (Mactavishes) about 3 months ago. Granted I wear them 5 days per week (to work) but I am suprised to see that the rubber part of the heel is already peeling away from the rest of the heel. AE told me to send them (using supplied UPS label) for inspection. The quick question is will I screw up my recrafting options if i take these to a local shop for repair? Should I just gorilla glue them? I hate to do that. I love these shoes but it seems a shame to start rigging things up this soon. What would you do?post #22949 of 331257/26/13 at 1:07pmpost #22950 of 331257/26/13 at 1:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by rangen930
Bought my first pair of AEs (Mactavishes) about 3 months ago. Granted I wear them 5 days per week (to work) but I am suprised to see that the rubber part of the heel is already peeling away from the rest of the heel. AE told me to send them (using supplied UPS label) for inspection. The quick question is will I screw up my recrafting options if i take these to a local shop for repair? Should I just gorilla glue them? I hate to do that. I love these shoes but it seems a shame to start rigging things up this soon. What would you do?
Agreed. I used some of this goop to keep the rubber part of a combination heel where it should be after it fell off (of some shell cordovan shoes with JR soles); as long as it doesn't do anything to the welt, AE should be fine with a dab to keep the heel on... but the real problem is wearing the same pair of shoes five days in a row for months at a time.
Two pairs of shoes each worn every other day will last much longer than buying a pair of shoes and buying another pair when the first wears out. Get a rotation going.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Orban's - Cheap, affordable European made Goodyear Welted shoes 2 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 25 thumb minimum 10 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 10 minutes ago
- › NFL 2016-17 Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 16 27 minutes ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 27 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 30 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 31 minutes ago
- › Epaulet Tennis Trainer in Steerhide Saddle - size 9 31 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...