or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1528

post #22906 of 31067
My least favorite is the purple tie, my favorite one is the navy, indifferent with regards to the other two.
post #22907 of 31067
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post

What kind of suit is that?

Zegna Milano Trofeo...brand homer;;;;

post #22908 of 31067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurious View Post

My least favorite is the purple tie, my favorite one is the navy, indifferent with regards to the other two.

Cr@p. I just realized I have the navy.

post #22909 of 31067

^ I was in the same position as you, college student here though wearing the same color suit and shirts

I picked a burgundy grenadine, black silk knit, and a navy/white pindot as my first three ties

 

Don't really like any of the ties you posted, navy being the exception maybe..different color dots would be better

post #22910 of 31067
Quote:
Originally Posted by theh00d View Post

^ I was in the same position as you, college student here though wearing the same color suit and shirts

I picked a burgundy grenadine, black silk knit, and a navy/white pindot as my first three ties

 

Don't really like any of the ties you posted, navy being the exception maybe..different color dots would be better

Guess, the general consensus out of the 4 is the navy (which I already have) so I guess I saved some $$$ for another tie then. As for different color dots, I believe the dots have to match either your suit color or your shirt color...or maybe there is no such no and we can all do whatever we want if we look good. 

post #22911 of 31067

Hey Gents!

 

As I've donated all my jeans to charity and only have chinos I need to do a denim haul next week!

 

I'm looking at going for 3 pairs of jeans - 1 Dark wash and 2 Distressed - All Slim or Skinny

 

My Question is what do I go for? (Let's assume they all fit equally well)

 

A. 3 pairs of Levi's @ an average of R699 each

 

B. 2 pairs of Levi's @ R699 and 1 pair of G-Star @ R1900

 

C. 2 pairs of Levi's @ R699 each and 1 pair of Diesel @ R2200

 

D. 2 pairs of Diesel @ R2200 average and 1 pair of G-Star @ R1900

 

E. 3 pairs of Diesel @ an average of R2200

 

F. 2 pairs of Diesel @ R2200 and 1 pair of G-Star @ R1900

post #22912 of 31067
Quote:
Originally Posted by keagz08 View Post

I'm looking at going for 3 pairs of jeans
You might be better off asking over in the Streetwear and Denim forum, than here in Classic Menswear.
post #22913 of 31067

Would you wear something like this, for casual-chic occasions?  Would you even buy something like this?

 

I like the cut, but is it too childish or baseball-shirt like?  

 

post #22914 of 31067
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelyork View Post

Would you wear something like this, for casual-chic occasions?  Would you even buy something like this?

I like the cut, but is it too childish or baseball-shirt like?
Well, it's casual. I don't really see the "chic" part.

I suppose if I sometimes wore long-sleeve polo shirts or rugby shirts or sweatshirts, this would fall within my comfort zone. I wouldn't call it too childish or baseball shirt-like. I'm thinking it'd probably be worn with jeans, and I admit I'm not big on jeans, but maybe you do like to wear them.

It looks a little too slim-fitting for my taste, but I readily acknowledge that I like slim-fitting clothes less than do probably 99% of the people on SF.

It's not something for which I'd have much use, but if I did have need of such a shirt, and if I saw this one at Target for $13.99, I might buy it. I just wouldn't pay much money for it, because I think it's sort of silly to spend much on certain types of clothing. For example, the $120 designer t-shirt or sweatshirt makes no sense to me, and in my mind the shirt in question falls into a closely related category.
post #22915 of 31067

Hi all, I was trying out jackets at the Bay today and really liked this one by Black Brown. The man who was working there said the fit was really good in all the parts he checked. How does it look? This is a 38R. I asked him to measure the dimensions because I wanted it compare it to a sport coat on eBay.

 

 

post #22916 of 31067
Quote:
Originally Posted by yulicke View Post

Hi all, I was trying out jackets at the Bay today and really liked this one by Black Brown. The man who was working there said the fit was really good in all the parts he checked. How does it look? This is a 38R. I asked him to measure the dimensions because I wanted it compare it to a sport coat on eBay.






The first photo is not clear so I cannot give much comments about the fit.

But the sleeves seem a bit long. Are you wearing a short sleeves or long sleeves shirt inside the jacket?
post #22917 of 31067

Creases or not on my navy MTM chinos? I'm going to wear them casually with OCBDs, v-neck and polos. Also, I am 19 years old. Does creases look weird on young fellas like me?

post #22918 of 31067
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtaro View Post


The first photo is not clear so I cannot give much comments about the fit.

But the sleeves seem a bit long. Are you wearing a short sleeves or long sleeves shirt inside the jacket?

My sleeves are rolled up here. How does the length of the jacket look?

post #22919 of 31067
Quote:
Originally Posted by yulicke View Post

My sleeves are rolled up here. How does the length of the jacket look?

Please let me know what you were thinking by taking a picture in the middle of your Parkinson's flareup, then taking one on the side and not rotating it. Are we supposed to save it, then rotate it for you? Are we supposed to shake our heads really fast while looking at the first one?

 

Sorry to be so rude but I really don't get why you would send those after reading the first page. I know I fall short of meeting the standards for pictures but why would you ever submit that?

post #22920 of 31067
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjester View Post

Please let me know what you were thinking by taking a picture in the middle of your Parkinson's flareup, then taking one on the side and not rotating it. Are we supposed to save it, then rotate it for you? Are we supposed to shake our heads really fast while looking at the first one?

 

Sorry to be so rude but I really don't get why you would send those after reading the first page. I know I fall short of meeting the standards for pictures but why would you ever submit that?

 

Why yes, on both accounts mrjester.

 

 

 

 

 

 







 

j/k haha

Oops on the crappy photos, I asked the older gentleman who was working to take the photo for me, my phone is crap anyways. I actually saved a rotated version on my desktop but looks like I attached the wrong one..

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)