Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 9:09 pm in Classic Menswear
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 5:45 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 3/15/15 at 11:12am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 3:17 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 13, 2015 Last post on Today at 12:03 pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1523post #22831 of 305067/18/13 at 9:20am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #22832 of 305067/18/13 at 10:22am
Possibly both, but neither are my issue: I think the buttons are a touch too high. I know that's an RL style thing. that I guess matches proportionally with the high peaked lapels (that I love). The trouble is, with a layout like this when you put them too high, the top too buttons look like nipples. It can also make the jacket look boxy IMHO. Hard to say without seeing it on you, but I'd say just half an inch lower would be perfect.post #22833 of 305067/18/13 at 10:24ampost #22834 of 305067/18/13 at 12:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by mimo
Possibly both, but neither are my issue: I think the buttons are a touch too high. I know that's an RL style thing. that I guess matches proportionally with the high peaked lapels (that I love). The trouble is, with a layout like this when you put them too high, the top too buttons look like nipples. It can also make the jacket look boxy IMHO. Hard to say without seeing it on you, but I'd say just half an inch lower would be perfect.
Is it just me or does the right nip look higher than the left?post #22835 of 305067/18/13 at 1:03pm
Hey guys, new to this forum, but wanted to ask a quick question.
I recently picked this up on ebay for 100 dollars
it's from h&m x Versace 2011 line.
what's your thoughts on it and did i just made a mistake buying it? thanks!
(Disclosure: i've been trying to find a nice cheap shawl collar for a formal event and came across this one and the navy lanvin x h&m collab. if anyone can help me find a nicely priced shawl collar suit that'd be wonderful!)post #22836 of 305067/18/13 at 1:26pmpost #22837 of 305067/18/13 at 1:58pmpost #22838 of 305067/19/13 at 3:40ampost #22839 of 305067/19/13 at 8:38am
We will see if this is a quick question or not. I can always make a new thread if needed. But here goes!
I am having a suit made for me soon, in a "semi-bespoke" process. I will be professionally measured, and the company takes posture notes, etc... It's a completely custom suit, and I want to be able to tell them what I'm looking for well enough to give myself the best shot at success with this suit.
Basics, I know I want a medium-light grey three piece suit, notch lapel, slim, modern fit. I'd like the vest to also have a notch lapel on it. No cuffs on the pants, no pleats.
I don't know what else the person might ask, but I wanna be prepared, should I have pics of what I like? How does one explain a preferred lapel width? I have no clue what proper terminology is!
-Scottpost #22840 of 305067/19/13 at 9:06ampost #22841 of 305067/19/13 at 4:33pmpost #22842 of 305067/19/13 at 6:43pmpost #22843 of 305067/19/13 at 9:01pmpost #22844 of 305067/20/13 at 5:18ampost #22845 of 305067/20/13 at 6:21am
Shot in the dark -- is anyone familiar with Hackett blazers? It looks like this is a Hackett jacket (going by translated page), but I can't find it. Cotton twill jacket with white buttons. http://losmalditosmocasines.blogspot.com.es/2013/07/outfit-navy-blue.html
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › should i wear a suit everyday? 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 9 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 13 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 14 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 19 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 20 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 21 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 24 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 27 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Caliber India Varsity Letterman Jackets and...
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan