Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 5:05 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: Yesterday
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: Yesterday
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1523post #22831 of 321737/18/13 at 10:24am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #22832 of 321737/18/13 at 12:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by mimo
Possibly both, but neither are my issue: I think the buttons are a touch too high. I know that's an RL style thing. that I guess matches proportionally with the high peaked lapels (that I love). The trouble is, with a layout like this when you put them too high, the top too buttons look like nipples. It can also make the jacket look boxy IMHO. Hard to say without seeing it on you, but I'd say just half an inch lower would be perfect.
Is it just me or does the right nip look higher than the left?post #22833 of 321737/18/13 at 1:03pm
Hey guys, new to this forum, but wanted to ask a quick question.
I recently picked this up on ebay for 100 dollars
it's from h&m x Versace 2011 line.
what's your thoughts on it and did i just made a mistake buying it? thanks!
(Disclosure: i've been trying to find a nice cheap shawl collar for a formal event and came across this one and the navy lanvin x h&m collab. if anyone can help me find a nicely priced shawl collar suit that'd be wonderful!)post #22834 of 321737/18/13 at 1:26pmpost #22835 of 321737/18/13 at 1:58pmpost #22836 of 321737/19/13 at 3:40ampost #22837 of 321737/19/13 at 8:38am
We will see if this is a quick question or not. I can always make a new thread if needed. But here goes!
I am having a suit made for me soon, in a "semi-bespoke" process. I will be professionally measured, and the company takes posture notes, etc... It's a completely custom suit, and I want to be able to tell them what I'm looking for well enough to give myself the best shot at success with this suit.
Basics, I know I want a medium-light grey three piece suit, notch lapel, slim, modern fit. I'd like the vest to also have a notch lapel on it. No cuffs on the pants, no pleats.
I don't know what else the person might ask, but I wanna be prepared, should I have pics of what I like? How does one explain a preferred lapel width? I have no clue what proper terminology is!
-Scottpost #22838 of 321737/19/13 at 9:06ampost #22839 of 321737/19/13 at 4:33pmpost #22840 of 321737/19/13 at 6:43pmpost #22841 of 321737/19/13 at 9:01pmpost #22842 of 321737/20/13 at 5:18ampost #22843 of 321737/20/13 at 6:21am
Shot in the dark -- is anyone familiar with Hackett blazers? It looks like this is a Hackett jacket (going by translated page), but I can't find it. Cotton twill jacket with white buttons. http://losmalditosmocasines.blogspot.com.es/2013/07/outfit-navy-blue.htmlpost #22844 of 321737/20/13 at 12:41pmwww.styleforum.net > did turn up many hits. Most of them are presumably worthless, and many of the rest would be For Sale posts, but I suspect somewhere in there might be a review or two.Quote:Well, a glance at the blazers and jackets featured at www.hackett.com does show several blue ones. Most seem to have metal buttons. Of course, replacing them with white buttons would be a fairly trivial matter, and quite affordable for buttons made of non-exotic materials.It looks like this is a Hackett jacket (going by translated page), but I can't find it. Cotton twill jacket with white buttons.
I would add that Hackett's online won't ship to the US, nor does the Store Locator list anything in the US. 'Course, finding someone in the UK to act as a proxy for you might well be possible.
Then again, it's really just a slim-fitting blue blazer. It doesn't appear to be unique and remarkable in any obvious way. You could easily buy such a blazer in the US. And again, have white buttons put on it. Just saying, is all. But there's value in being able to try a jacket on before buying it, or to being able to easily return it if it's not quite right.
For that matter, are you even sure the jacket pictured has white buttons? In a photo, metallic buttons reflecting bright light can often appear white. But even if they really are white, swapping out buttons on a jacket is no big deal.post #22845 of 321737/20/13 at 1:57pm
After all is said and done, I'm back in the market for a gold-button navy hopsack blazer again... The quintessential BB blazer simply doesn't work for me because the cut is too boxy. For reference, I'm looking for a fit like that of the J.Crew Ludlow and BR Monogram, slim and athletic, and without the skinny lapel. Any names?
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
- › Cars We Drive! 50 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 51 seconds ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Silk Scarfs for men? ... Help 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 2 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 2 minutes ago
- › Very weird experience with B. Nelson... What is your experience... 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...