Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Yesterday at 2:45 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1523post #22831 of 333317/18/13 at 10:24ampost #22832 of 333317/18/13 at 12:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by mimo
Possibly both, but neither are my issue: I think the buttons are a touch too high. I know that's an RL style thing. that I guess matches proportionally with the high peaked lapels (that I love). The trouble is, with a layout like this when you put them too high, the top too buttons look like nipples. It can also make the jacket look boxy IMHO. Hard to say without seeing it on you, but I'd say just half an inch lower would be perfect.
Is it just me or does the right nip look higher than the left?post #22833 of 333317/18/13 at 1:03pm
Hey guys, new to this forum, but wanted to ask a quick question.
I recently picked this up on ebay for 100 dollars
it's from h&m x Versace 2011 line.
what's your thoughts on it and did i just made a mistake buying it? thanks!
(Disclosure: i've been trying to find a nice cheap shawl collar for a formal event and came across this one and the navy lanvin x h&m collab. if anyone can help me find a nicely priced shawl collar suit that'd be wonderful!)post #22834 of 333317/18/13 at 1:26pmpost #22835 of 333317/18/13 at 1:58pmpost #22836 of 333317/19/13 at 3:40ampost #22837 of 333317/19/13 at 8:38am
We will see if this is a quick question or not. I can always make a new thread if needed. But here goes!
I am having a suit made for me soon, in a "semi-bespoke" process. I will be professionally measured, and the company takes posture notes, etc... It's a completely custom suit, and I want to be able to tell them what I'm looking for well enough to give myself the best shot at success with this suit.
Basics, I know I want a medium-light grey three piece suit, notch lapel, slim, modern fit. I'd like the vest to also have a notch lapel on it. No cuffs on the pants, no pleats.
I don't know what else the person might ask, but I wanna be prepared, should I have pics of what I like? How does one explain a preferred lapel width? I have no clue what proper terminology is!
-Scottpost #22838 of 333317/19/13 at 9:06ampost #22839 of 333317/19/13 at 4:33pmpost #22840 of 333317/19/13 at 6:43pmpost #22841 of 333317/19/13 at 9:01pmpost #22842 of 333317/20/13 at 5:18ampost #22843 of 333317/20/13 at 6:21am
Shot in the dark -- is anyone familiar with Hackett blazers? It looks like this is a Hackett jacket (going by translated page), but I can't find it. Cotton twill jacket with white buttons. http://losmalditosmocasines.blogspot.com.es/2013/07/outfit-navy-blue.htmlpost #22844 of 333317/20/13 at 12:41pmwww.styleforum.net > did turn up many hits. Most of them are presumably worthless, and many of the rest would be For Sale posts, but I suspect somewhere in there might be a review or two.Quote:Well, a glance at the blazers and jackets featured at www.hackett.com does show several blue ones. Most seem to have metal buttons. Of course, replacing them with white buttons would be a fairly trivial matter, and quite affordable for buttons made of non-exotic materials.It looks like this is a Hackett jacket (going by translated page), but I can't find it. Cotton twill jacket with white buttons.
I would add that Hackett's online won't ship to the US, nor does the Store Locator list anything in the US. 'Course, finding someone in the UK to act as a proxy for you might well be possible.
Then again, it's really just a slim-fitting blue blazer. It doesn't appear to be unique and remarkable in any obvious way. You could easily buy such a blazer in the US. And again, have white buttons put on it. Just saying, is all. But there's value in being able to try a jacket on before buying it, or to being able to easily return it if it's not quite right.
For that matter, are you even sure the jacket pictured has white buttons? In a photo, metallic buttons reflecting bright light can often appear white. But even if they really are white, swapping out buttons on a jacket is no big deal.post #22845 of 333317/20/13 at 1:57pm
After all is said and done, I'm back in the market for a gold-button navy hopsack blazer again... The quintessential BB blazer simply doesn't work for me because the cut is too boxy. For reference, I'm looking for a fit like that of the J.Crew Ludlow and BR Monogram, slim and athletic, and without the skinny lapel. Any names?
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 21 seconds ago
- › Men's Rider Cap-toe Boot in Whiskey Shell Cordovan Size 9 39 seconds ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 45 seconds ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 2 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › Edward Green recrafting on Permanent Style 6 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 7 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...