Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 4:48 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1523post #22831 of 324907/18/13 at 10:24ampost #22832 of 324907/18/13 at 12:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by mimo
Possibly both, but neither are my issue: I think the buttons are a touch too high. I know that's an RL style thing. that I guess matches proportionally with the high peaked lapels (that I love). The trouble is, with a layout like this when you put them too high, the top too buttons look like nipples. It can also make the jacket look boxy IMHO. Hard to say without seeing it on you, but I'd say just half an inch lower would be perfect.
Is it just me or does the right nip look higher than the left?post #22833 of 324907/18/13 at 1:03pm
Hey guys, new to this forum, but wanted to ask a quick question.
I recently picked this up on ebay for 100 dollars
it's from h&m x Versace 2011 line.
what's your thoughts on it and did i just made a mistake buying it? thanks!
(Disclosure: i've been trying to find a nice cheap shawl collar for a formal event and came across this one and the navy lanvin x h&m collab. if anyone can help me find a nicely priced shawl collar suit that'd be wonderful!)post #22834 of 324907/18/13 at 1:26pmpost #22835 of 324907/18/13 at 1:58pmpost #22836 of 324907/19/13 at 3:40ampost #22837 of 324907/19/13 at 8:38am
We will see if this is a quick question or not. I can always make a new thread if needed. But here goes!
I am having a suit made for me soon, in a "semi-bespoke" process. I will be professionally measured, and the company takes posture notes, etc... It's a completely custom suit, and I want to be able to tell them what I'm looking for well enough to give myself the best shot at success with this suit.
Basics, I know I want a medium-light grey three piece suit, notch lapel, slim, modern fit. I'd like the vest to also have a notch lapel on it. No cuffs on the pants, no pleats.
I don't know what else the person might ask, but I wanna be prepared, should I have pics of what I like? How does one explain a preferred lapel width? I have no clue what proper terminology is!
-Scottpost #22838 of 324907/19/13 at 9:06ampost #22839 of 324907/19/13 at 4:33pmpost #22840 of 324907/19/13 at 6:43pmpost #22841 of 324907/19/13 at 9:01pmpost #22842 of 324907/20/13 at 5:18ampost #22843 of 324907/20/13 at 6:21am
Shot in the dark -- is anyone familiar with Hackett blazers? It looks like this is a Hackett jacket (going by translated page), but I can't find it. Cotton twill jacket with white buttons. http://losmalditosmocasines.blogspot.com.es/2013/07/outfit-navy-blue.htmlpost #22844 of 324907/20/13 at 12:41pmwww.styleforum.net > did turn up many hits. Most of them are presumably worthless, and many of the rest would be For Sale posts, but I suspect somewhere in there might be a review or two.Quote:Well, a glance at the blazers and jackets featured at www.hackett.com does show several blue ones. Most seem to have metal buttons. Of course, replacing them with white buttons would be a fairly trivial matter, and quite affordable for buttons made of non-exotic materials.It looks like this is a Hackett jacket (going by translated page), but I can't find it. Cotton twill jacket with white buttons.
I would add that Hackett's online won't ship to the US, nor does the Store Locator list anything in the US. 'Course, finding someone in the UK to act as a proxy for you might well be possible.
Then again, it's really just a slim-fitting blue blazer. It doesn't appear to be unique and remarkable in any obvious way. You could easily buy such a blazer in the US. And again, have white buttons put on it. Just saying, is all. But there's value in being able to try a jacket on before buying it, or to being able to easily return it if it's not quite right.
For that matter, are you even sure the jacket pictured has white buttons? In a photo, metallic buttons reflecting bright light can often appear white. But even if they really are white, swapping out buttons on a jacket is no big deal.post #22845 of 324907/20/13 at 1:57pm
After all is said and done, I'm back in the market for a gold-button navy hopsack blazer again... The quintessential BB blazer simply doesn't work for me because the cut is too boxy. For reference, I'm looking for a fit like that of the J.Crew Ludlow and BR Monogram, slim and athletic, and without the skinny lapel. Any names?
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › What are you drinking right now? 3 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Black Dress Boot under $150 5 minutes ago
- › Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking... 5 minutes ago
- › Where is your style going? 6 minutes ago
- › MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE 7 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 12 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 14 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts