did you try any LV look books or catalog photos?
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 11:10 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1506post #22576 of 321677/4/13 at 2:13pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #22577 of 321677/4/13 at 3:10pmpost #22578 of 321677/4/13 at 3:36pmpost #22579 of 321677/4/13 at 3:38pmpost #22580 of 321677/4/13 at 3:44pmpost #22581 of 321677/4/13 at 3:46pmpost #22582 of 321677/4/13 at 3:46pm
By traditional standards, and going by the somewhat inaccurate general rule having to do with jacket length and the curve of your fingers when your hands are at your sides, it's probably within an inch or so of being the ideal length. As a real world matter, that's close enough, especially when it's a casual cotton sportcoat we're talking about. Don't worry about it.post #22583 of 321677/4/13 at 3:50pmQuote:
I checked and it is about 1.5 inches from my belly button
length is 29.5 from the bottom of the collar
I am 6'1 and a 32 inseampost #22584 of 321677/4/13 at 3:53pmpost #22585 of 321677/4/13 at 3:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by 12345Michael54321
While it's difficult to say for sure with just a "from the front" view, it doesn't seem objectionably short to me. Particularly given the current fashion trend for ridiculously short suits and sportcoats. (Not that yours is in any way ridiculously short.)
By traditional standards, and going by the somewhat inaccurate general rule having to do with jacket length and the curve of your fingers when your hands are at your sides, it's probably within an inch or so of being the ideal length. As a real world matter, that's close enough, especially when it's a casual cotton sportcoat we're talking about. Don't worry about it.
Thanks. This one is a sunk cost and I hardly wear it but am looking at another that is the same length in cotton/linen
Here is a side viewpost #22586 of 321677/4/13 at 4:21pm
Vent's aren't popped and it covers your butt. Length approved!
I like the shorter cut of jacket in a SC. It has less weight to it, it's playful! As long as you're not hanging out of it, it's fine in my books.
Moving along: I'm about to buy my first blue suit, and wonder what people's particular favourite fabric styles are for a "do everything" get-up. One day i will have a bold pinstripe, but i can't be that daring right now. What's traditional? Herringbone? Sharkskin? Birds-eye (or is that too much?)?
Edited by Cubits - 7/4/13 at 4:36pmpost #22587 of 321677/4/13 at 5:36pmpost #22588 of 321677/4/13 at 6:59pmQuote:You want your first blue and go to suit to be plain as possible, so I would not go with a Herringbone. I'm not too familiar with sharkskin and birds-eye, but I don't think I would go with those either.Originally Posted by Cubits
Vent's aren't popped and it covers your butt. Length approved!
Moving along: I'm about to buy my first blue suit, and wonder what people's particular favourite fabric styles are for a "do everything" get-up. One day i will have a bold pinstripe, but i can't be that daring right now. What's traditional? Herringbone? Sharkskin? Birds-eye (or is that too much?)?Quote:Originally Posted by MrBoston
Hello people! I have noticed that you are a bunch of guys with great knowledge about basically everything concerning clothes. For a while now I have been looking for the suit in this picture, so I thougt i would try my luck here. From the looks of it it seems to be the most comfortable thing ever, and the fit is perfect. Would be grateful for any advice and tips on where to find it (or some other suit in the same category).
How can you tell that the fit is perfect from that picture?post #22589 of 321677/4/13 at 9:56pm
I was wondering about these shoes: http://www.johnstonmurphy.com/product.aspx?c=1215&sc=1215&pid=68092
I like the look (and the price even more) but before buying them I noticed (or am I imagining?) that they were slightly... square-toed. Now, the fashion media has driven me to a state of utter paranoia when it comes to square-toe shoes - I'm supposed to avoid them like the plague and if I am ever caught wearing a pair of the horrid creations it shall be my fashion demise.
So the question to you experts is, I suppose, are they square-toed or are they alright, because I can't quite tell.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 21 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 23 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 28 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 1 minute ago
- › VESTS / Stuff-carrying gear 1 minute ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › The Toronto For Sale Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Offical Barbour Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...